PDA

View Full Version : Small World Holiday News?

mstaft
09-07-2009, 02:48 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm going to DLR the last week of October. Excited to be seeing things I missed last trip- Sleeping Beauty Castle, new Disney Gallery, etc.
But I've seen no news on Small World going down for its Christmas overlay. I really want to see it without it, but I'm guessing I'm going in between seasons and should be ok.

Anyone hear anything? Can't wait to see Disney's Construction Adventure, too!

Mark

HauntedKid
09-07-2009, 06:30 PM
I dont think that IASW will get any overlay this year, or at least I havent heard of it...

Another Dimension
09-07-2009, 07:58 PM
Disneyland as the Merriest Place on Earth is surely going to present It's a Small World Holiday again...

It will most likely look and sound very much like last year's and the years in the past versions, just brighter and shinier.

The Mouse Is Back
09-07-2009, 08:05 PM
IASWH is HUGELY popular. It's the number one thing I look forward to at DL during the holidays.

Doubtful it would be omitted from the Park holiday overlays, it would be a massively bad decision by management (and they'd be hearing about it 24/7).

Ally

Niwel
09-07-2009, 08:08 PM
It is getting an overlay this year.
Keep checking the Monday Update on MP.

TowerofTerror
09-07-2009, 08:18 PM
Awesome I love the holiday lay for It`s a Small World

ryanvalle
09-07-2009, 08:58 PM
Yup, it's getting an overlay. The latest issue of the Backstage AP magazine shows an advertisement with the OL as a big focus from what I recall.

The Mouse Is Back
09-07-2009, 09:18 PM
Yup, it's getting an overlay. The latest issue of the Backstage AP magazine shows an advertisement with the OL as a big focus from what I recall.

When did the issue you're referring to arrive? Last one we got (we're APs) was focused mainly on Halloween...maybe I missed something, which wouldn't be unusual for me.

I'll check the AP area on the website, but I can hardly wait 'til I can ride through IASWH again! I so love the soundtrack. :)

Ally

Jenasweetemotion
09-07-2009, 09:43 PM
When did the issue you're referring to arrive? Last one we got (we're APs) was focused mainly on Halloween...maybe I missed something, which wouldn't be unusual for me.
I'll check the AP area on the website, but I can hardly wait 'til I can ride through IASWH again! I so love the soundtrack. :)

On the back page of the Backstage pass where your address would be it says Next issue It's a Small World Holiday it's not an article or anything.:) I also love the Soundtrack of the IASWH. I listen to it all the time as lame as it is :)

Niwel
09-08-2009, 10:38 AM
it's a small world goes down on October 27 for Holiday Install -- it is scheduled to reopen on Nov. 12.

MamaBaer
09-08-2009, 12:08 PM
I don't know if this has to do with IASWH, but I read on thestudiotour.com that Disney was filiming a IASW commercial in one of the sound stages at Universal Studios Hollywood last week; I thought that was kinda interesting since they usually use actual park and ride footage for commercials

mstaft
09-09-2009, 02:01 PM
Cool- I will be able to ride IASW before it goes down!

AaronInCal
09-09-2009, 05:20 PM
I remember reading back when they opened Small World with the characters that they were already working on how to incorporate them into the Holiday overlay. I would assume they will still have their own music and all, but not sure on that...

disney42dude
09-12-2009, 07:04 PM
I don't know if this has to do with IASWH, but I read on thestudiotour.com that Disney was filiming a IASW commercial in one of the sound stages at Universal Studios Hollywood last week; I thought that was kinda interesting since they usually use actual park and ride footage for commercials

Yesterday afternoon, on the boat in front of us, there were 2 cameramen in the front row with a lighting guy in the row behind them. They had the boat to themselves and went through at least 3 times that I know of. I joked and told my cousin that they were filming so they'd remember how to put it back after IASW Holiday. Haha.

Leofoenget
09-13-2009, 09:34 AM
I dont think that IASW will get any overlay this year, or at least I havent heard of it...

on the last page on the AP newsletter mag,"backstage pass" there is an ad for it. It's online