PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Hotel - AP Rate of $213/night!

parveen50
01-18-2003, 06:18 PM
I just phoned to book a room at DLH for May 5 - 10th (Mon-Fri. night). The best AP rate they could give me was $213/night.....I think Expedia would be better at $194/night...
Any suggestions from anyone about getting a cheaper rate?

DisneyFan25863
01-18-2003, 06:40 PM
They must have raised their prices...last year we got in for 119/night, w/o discount :eek:

Darkbeer
01-18-2003, 06:42 PM
Change your dates, there is a large Computer/Education convention from May 8th thru May 10th, so see if you could leave the 7th, or come the week after.

Hotel room are supply and demand, another option is trying a non-Disney hotel.

One of my favorite tools to start looking at room rate is Travelaxe, this search engine is awesome

http://www.travelaxe.net/

Darkbeer
01-18-2003, 07:10 PM
I just ran Travelaxe, I am getting $136 on Expedia for the Paradise Pier Hotel, drawback, lots of walking, since Disney doesn't offer a hotel shuttle.

Howward Johnson is $69 a night from Lodging.com, which is lower rate than what Expedia is offering for the same place.

I just tried the next week, 12 thru the 17th, same rate at the Disneyland Hotel, and the PPH.

downingfamily1
01-19-2003, 10:27 AM
When I called to make ap reservations for March they told me that right now the best they could do is the standard 10% off, which is not a great deal. They also said that the ap deals come out about a month ahead. Right now there is a great deal through Feb. The gal said that they usually have something for each month, but they don't let them know ahead of time what it will be. We went ahead and booked a room and she said we could call back and they would change it if the rates went down.

teri
01-19-2003, 11:15 AM
You just need to keep checking. Like they said, make the best available reservation, wait a few weeks, check again. Keep trying up to 2 weeks before your trip. They hold blocks of rooms for conventions, and if nobody reserves the rooms at the contracted discount rate, they release them. That is when the deals come out.