PDA

View Full Version : Birthday upgrade to AP but birthday is on 2nd day of trip

DJsDaddy
09-06-2009, 07:01 PM
We are taking my son next week on his birthday and are going for three days but his birthday isn't until the 2nd day of our trip. We are planning on upgrading his ticket to AP - what are the chances that they will let us use his B-Day ticket on the first day (1 day before his actual Birthday) and upgrade to AP that day. Anyone know if that will work? He will be turning 4 and is his big for his age (46") so I don't think we will get him to pass for 2 anymore. Thanks in advance.

MammaSilva
09-06-2009, 07:07 PM
None, they won't give him his birthday ticket unless it is his birthday, my suggestion buy him a 2 day hopper, get the funcard ON his birthday and use the two day hopper and his fun card to upgrade to an annual pass.

Jenasweetemotion
09-06-2009, 07:07 PM
There is no chance that they will let you get the birthday ticket one day in advance :(

DJsDaddy
09-06-2009, 07:22 PM
Thanks, that is what I was afraid of. We will be going with my father on the military salute companion tickets so we will just get him one of those. Will he still be eligible for a gift card though - even if he doesn't have the AP before his B-day. I thought the gift cards were only for AP's.

kfreak
09-06-2009, 07:23 PM
None, they won't give him his birthday ticket unless it is his birthday, my suggestion buy him a 2 day hopper, get the funcard ON his birthday and use the two day hopper and his fun card to upgrade to an annual pass.

I say do as MammaSilva says. She is in the know on it.

MammaSilva
09-06-2009, 07:43 PM
If you're talking about the 99 dollar military tickets, I 'believe' those are upgradeable but I wouldn't swear on it. As for the funcard, all he has to have is his birth certificate and valid admission for the day so yes the companion ticket will qualify him for his fun card. His fun card value will be the price of a childs one day one park ticket.

Jenasweetemotion
09-06-2009, 08:03 PM
Thanks, that is what I was afraid of. We will be going with my father on the military salute companion tickets so we will just get him one of those. Will he still be eligible for a gift card though - even if he doesn't have the AP before his B-day. I thought the gift cards were only for AP's.

I was told that to receive the fun card you had to either have a multi-day ticket or an Annual Pass that was not blocked out on the day of the birthday.
Also with the companion ticket that is $99.00 it says the offer cannot be combined with any other offer. So I am not sure if the fun card would constitute as an offer you can also call and ask it says Military Personal call 714/956-6424.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/disneyparks/en_US/WhatWillYouCelebrate/disneyland/index?name=CelebrationsDLRFreeOnYourBirthdayPage#C elebDLRFAQs11Text

Autopia Guy
09-07-2009, 11:01 AM
The Military Companion Ticket is a purchased Multi-Day Ticket, so they do qualify for the alternate offers. The complementary service member ones do not.

chancencinny
09-08-2009, 12:48 PM
As long as the ticket doesn't say "non-upgradeable" on it you can upgrade it to an ap. I would get the military ticket for the trip and the fun card on the second day.Just don't forget a birth certificate, passport or government issued id for the birthday. If your son has had a pass before just upgrade after the fun card is recieved to an annual pass (you may have to move windows if paying for any of it with cc). If he hasn't had one before then just go to the Plaza Pavillion and upgrade there (then you can get the picture taken without having to wait twice). Either way apply the ticket towards the pass (it will be backdated to first use of the ticket) and use the fun card to pay for the difference. Also keep in mind Block out days. If the third day would be a block out day for the pass you want to get him then wait until that third day to upgrade (you can upgrade in the beginning of the day and still get in if it is a block out day).