PDA

View Full Version : Crowds on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day?

lisap
01-18-2003, 12:48 PM
Is everyone and their brother going to be there Monday? Since our family has the day off, we're trekking up for the morning. I have a bad feeling everyone else in SoCal has the same idea.

Stay home!! Or at least, stay out of Fantasyland for a few hours! Thank you. :p ;)

HBTiggerFan
01-18-2003, 02:23 PM
I think it will be mostly locals in the park on Monday. Did you check the hours to see if they are extended?

lisap
01-18-2003, 02:37 PM
Disneyland: 9am–10pm
DCA 10am–8pm

At least they don't close at eight.....
:)

Morrigoon
01-18-2003, 02:56 PM
Yeah but the weather has been SO perfect here lately....:(

Undertaker72
01-20-2003, 09:49 AM
Just to let everyone know that is planning to go in the afternoon to disneyland. Don't bother. Me and my sister went up at 9:00 got there at 9:44 and there was a line of cars coming from the parking structure to Harbor blvd. We looked at each other and said It is going to be packed inside. Does anybody know if it was packed?

kranders
01-20-2003, 10:47 AM
Packed can be fun!!!:)

...If you go with the right frame of mind.;)

IndyBones
01-20-2003, 11:09 AM
Me and my sister went up at 9:00 got there at 9:44 and there was a line of cars coming from the parking structure to Harbor blvd.
Doesnt necessarily mean its going to be a crowded day. There are many factors that can lead to a line of cars overflowing out to the street. (A security situation, understaffing, computer problems, etc) What I usually use to judge a crowded day is the pumbaa parking lot. On anticipated busy days, this lot is open in the morning, on mediocre days, its closed.

EandCDad
01-20-2003, 04:36 PM
We arrived about 8:30 and were parked in the Pinocchio lot. It was pretty crowded in both Disneyland and DCA. We discussed getting Soarin fastpasses around 1:30 and the return time was 7pm. Fun in the morning, tho, before it got really crowded and the weather was great.

socabch
01-20-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by EandCDad
We arrived about 8:30 and were parked in the Pinocchio lot. It was pretty crowded in both Disneyland and DCA. We discussed getting Soarin fastpasses around 1:30 and the return time was 7pm. Fun in the morning, tho, before it got really crowded and the weather was great.

We were surprised at how packed it was at DCA.

lisap, I thought I saw you, but I wasn't positive so I didn't run after you.

lisap
01-20-2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by socabch
We were surprised at how packed it was at DCA.

lisap, I thought I saw you, but I wasn't positive so I didn't run after you.

It WAS packed. Aladdin was overrun with people--and when we went to get Soarin' Fastpasses the return time was 7pm. No thanks.

You should have said something! :) I'm sure it was me ;)

Not Afraid
01-20-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by lisap

You should have said something! :) I'm sure it was me ;)

Gee, LisaP, you were at DL today? You should've stopped my Charming Shoppe like another Padder did.;)

I'll blame this time on EandCdad.:crying:

lisap
01-21-2003, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
Gee, LisaP, you were at DL today? You should've stopped my Charming Shoppe like another Padder did.;)

I'll blame this time on EandCdad.:crying:

Yes, it's always safe to blame him in these matters--though to be more accurate it was the combination of tired husband and two tired children that sealed the deal. :rolleyes:

Next time! Promise! :rolleyes: ;)

hefferdude
01-21-2003, 08:03 AM
We were at DLR sat-sun-mon for a dual B'day celebration.
Pretty normal crowd for Sat. Saw the fireworks from NOS.
Great view! Sun had fewer guests than Sat. Did 12 rides from
9AM to 12AM on Sunday:D Also got tickets early and saw the 4:45 Alladdin from the stage right mezzanine box seats. It was OK but we couldn't see some things on stage right.

But the StdBy line for the 4:45 was unbelieveable! Went all the way back to the entrance of the HW gate!!!!! Crazy!:eek:

Got to DLR Mon about 11AM as we had to check out of our hotel first. DLR VERY VERY crowded. Main St. was only running 1 horse trolleyand adding to ROA/NOS woes Indy was broke down. Guests were packing into NOS like sardines.:confused: It wsn't pretty. We opted for a quick Billy Hill show, some shopping and see you later alligator! Outta there!