PDA

View Full Version : Lands

disneyland2995
09-03-2009, 09:08 PM
I hered about that they where going to put another park called discoveryland. Does any one know about it?

darph nader
09-03-2009, 09:36 PM
That's a new one on me. Where did you hear this? :confused:

mechurchlady
09-03-2009, 10:29 PM
There is a Discoveryland in Euro/Paris Disneyland. other than that the next land will be the new Cars Land in DCA. I googled to see if one of the other boards had heard anything. sorry.

potzbie
09-04-2009, 12:34 AM
Well, since this week Disney has bought Marvel Comics, then the "lands" question is wide open, is it not?

• Spiderman Land
• Batman Land
• Hulk Land

Anything is possible.

The plush toy industry will certainly get a boost!
Imagine: Put your kid to bed with his soft, fuzzy IronMan plush toy.
:|:confused::eek:

Another Dimension
09-04-2009, 01:03 AM
• Batman Land

Anything is possible.

Batman is DC, not Marvel.

Which also means no Catwoman in Critter Country. :eek:

Does anybody think Disney may have acquired Marvel because of their re-affiliation with Lucas and the impending Star Tours 2 anouncement? Possibly a new comic series involving Star Wars?

Dark Horse published most of the Star Wars comics, but Marvel also published some.
Could Lucas want to get more exclusive with all the 'Star Tours' changes coming to DL?

HauntedKid
09-04-2009, 12:36 PM
Oh my God, Spiderman is my fav superhero, I cant wait to see a mickey mouse plush toy dressed as spiderman...heaven...I die hehehehehe

katierella
09-04-2009, 07:14 PM

Which also means no Catwoman in Critter Country. :eek:

Does anybody think Disney may have acquired Marvel because of their re-affiliation with Lucas and the impending Star Tours 2 anouncement? Possibly a new comic series involving Star Wars?

Dark Horse published most of the Star Wars comics, but Marvel also published some.
Could Lucas want to get more exclusive with all the 'Star Tours' changes coming to DL?

Marvel being acquired by DIS. I used to have a boat load of this stock, oh well!

http://stocks.investopedia.com/stock-analysis/2009/DisneyMarvel-A-Marvelous-Combination-DIS-MVL-DWA0904.aspx?partner=YahooSA

Sesameguy
09-04-2009, 08:55 PM

Well, for now, anyway. :)

Does anybody think Disney may have acquired Marvel because of their re-affiliation with Lucas and the impending Star Tours 2 anouncement? Possibly a new comic series involving Star Wars? Dark Horse published most of the Star Wars comics, but Marvel also published some. Could Lucas want to get more exclusive with all the 'Star Tours' changes coming to DL?

Interesting idea- I think that Lucasfilm is powerful enough on its own that it wouldn't necessarily need to "hook up" with either Disney or Marvel to create a new comic book series. The merger could certainly help with such comic book plans, but I don't think that was the main reason behind it.

Another Dimension
09-05-2009, 12:41 AM
Interesting idea- I think that Lucasfilm is powerful enough on its own that it wouldn't necessarily need to "hook up" with either Disney or Marvel to create a new comic book series. The merger could certainly help with such comic book plans, but I don't think that was the main reason behind it.

I know Lucasfilm is powerful enough on it's own when creating and marketing most of it's own stuff... so not to necessarily assist with creating but to combine exclusivity in the 'creating, marketing and distributing of' this time by the Disney machine, while Star Tours 2 is arriving atDisney theme parks and Star Wars weekends are still going strong annually also at Disney parks ... as opposed marketing/distro by Dark Horse Comics as was done with previous Star Wars Comics publications.