PDA

View Full Version : Thursday vs Friday at DL/DCA

marciemi
01-18-2003, 06:06 AM
We're going out to California on Wed, Feb 19th. Trying to figure out which day would be better to hit DCA and DL first. We'll be there 5 altogether. We want to hit Knotts either Thursday or Friday. Was planning on Knotts Thu, then DL on Friday, going over to DCA late in the day to see the electrical parade.

Now I'm reading that the best day to go to DL is a Thursday because of crowds. Will it make that much difference? If we do that, we'll have to see the electrical parade on Saturday, when it's later & (I'm guessing) more crowded. Which would you recommend? Will it make a difference in how crowded Knotts is? Thanks for any input!

Sailor Butterfly
01-18-2003, 10:05 AM
Fridays usually aren't bad during the daytime. It is still a school day, after all. At night it will get crowded, but not as bad as during a Saturday. Hope that helps.

sydney
01-18-2003, 10:15 AM
If you're going to Disneyland, though, I would recommend being there on a friday and going to DCA saturday. Here's why: DCA will be less crowded than disneyland, and you shouldn't miss the Believe fireworks at DL, which are only shown fridays and saturdays now. DL will also be open til 10 (friday and sunday) instead of closing at 8 (weekdays). DCA's most crowded day of the week is usually sunday. The electrical parade shows friday-sunday, though, so it's up to you! :)

DisneyGuy03
01-18-2003, 08:58 PM
Ok, normally I would agree with the above statement, but I must say that you can't miss Aladdin, shoot for the first show, if there are njo more tickets available, go for the second, then the third, then the fourth (when running and it should be for some time now), but it is definitely a must see and they are turning away people in the stand-by line on a regular basis now. So, I would actually try to shoot for this on one of the first days and it is affecting the crowds, for an example Friday, it was actually a lot more crowded during the day at DCA than at Disneyland, after the last showing of Aladdin that reversed though, most people have park hoopers of some sort these days, so it makes sense, but just a note from this week, who knows if it will continue to be this way, but I suspect it will.