PDA

View Full Version : Peter Pan statue missing from Storybookland.

PoomShanka
09-01-2009, 09:21 AM
We were there last month and to my dismay, Pan was nowhere to be found. I assume he was taken away for a good spit-shine or some such tidying up.

Many of the little benches in London Park were overturned and some appeared to have been stepped on and crushed, which was quite sad and yet very comical at the same time. I can only imagine what transpired there. :confused:

If anyone can confirm the return of the golden Pan in the near future, please post! :p

Tinkermommy
09-01-2009, 09:24 AM
I was going to suggest an attack by "Duckzilla," but picturing the benches overturned and broken made me think maybe that wouldn't be so funny. I'm very curious; I hope someone posts! (If I weren't working, I'd head down just to look!) I love that little Pan statue!

potzbie
09-01-2009, 12:47 PM
I was at DL on Monday August 24, 2009, and Storybookland Canals were closed, which I assume was for refurbishment, and not for damage-control.

So, there is a chance that Peter Pan's statue will be right where it ought to be, when the ride re-opens.

(Hypothesis: A heavy duck, or a feral cat, or maybe a heavy cat or a feral duck, might have toyed around with the miniature fixtures?) :confused:

Sesameguy
09-02-2009, 06:32 PM
Those ducks really get around. On my last visit, I saw one walking down Main Street! It could very well be a duck or other animal, as has been suggested. Otherwise, it's likely the work of Captain Hook. :)

explodingboy
09-03-2009, 01:14 PM
i would say probably a duck, considering its an "island" where the statue is at. or a very daring cat who loves swimming.