PDA

View Full Version : Grand Californian Hotel Room Available 09/30-10/04

Mom2
08-31-2009, 06:28 AM
I hope it is okay to post this here.

We had some friends that were going to join us for vacation and they have decided not to go.

They currently have a reservation at the GCH between September 30 and October 4 via the Gay Days Convention for $235.00 a night, plus resort fees and taxes.

I thought I might offer the reservation to someone on Mouseplanet since that weekend is sold out (to the best of my knowledge). I was informed that if I did find someone who wanted the room that all you would have to do is call in a credit card with the reservation number within a certain number of hours to transfer it to your name.

cyberRoo
08-31-2009, 09:42 AM
Oh, we totally need a couple of nights of that! I sent you a PM.\

Thanks!

Mom2
08-31-2009, 09:23 PM
The room is still available. Let me call them and see if it is okay that just part of the days are being taken. I dont see why not. I will be unavailable for most of the day on Tuesday but I will try to call between appointments and let you know as soon as possible.

Mom2
09-01-2009, 07:16 PM
It looks like this is not going to work out. But the good news is, they have confirmed that for the Gay Days event they still have plenty of rooms available for that time period. So you can call group/convention reservations line and get a room for that weekend. Apparently they are not sold out after all.

My friend wants me to go ahead and cancel this reservation now, avoiding the wait so nothing happens and we forget and accidentally forget to cancel the reservation; leaving him responsible for the room.

mkraemer
09-01-2009, 10:54 PM
I find this discussion really interesting because I've tried--several times over the past few weeks--to book some clients at the Grand Californian Hotel for the end of September/beginning of October, and there's been no availability. Not just at the GCH, but nothing at any of the Disney property hotels. Hmm.

Mom2
09-02-2009, 02:10 AM
Perhaps that is where I originally got confused as well. Just confirmed yesterday that there are definitely rooms at the GCH available for the GD convention. They must be rooms that were blocked out specificially for this convention??? Who knows...