PDA

View Full Version : Napa Rose - restaurant review (dinner) - with pictures!

cstephens
08-29-2009, 12:14 AM
(To the mods - there was an earlier thread that was mostly about Napa Rose, but the last post there was in March, so I didn't know if it was too old to resurrect. If not and this post should have been on that thread, then please merge and sorry for the inconvenience. For reference and for anyone who wants to see that earlier thread, here it is (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=120828).)

For anyone who's interested, I've posted a review of our dinner last night at Napa Rose to celebrate a friend's birthday. As always, another amazing dinner. Here's the link if you're interested. (http://colddeadfish.blogspot.com/2009/08/napa-rose-restaurant-review-dinner.html)

Thanks!

Mom2
08-29-2009, 12:30 AM
Thanks for sharing that. The food looks so elegant. I really want to start a thread here and keep it going with pictures of food from everywhere in the park.

fairestoneofall
08-29-2009, 06:35 AM
Thanks for the review. It was very nicely done. It keeps me longing for another trip.....and this time it will be the chef's counter for certain!

MermaidHair
08-29-2009, 11:59 AM
OK - now I am hungry! Thanks for sharing.

olegc
08-29-2009, 07:11 PM
Is the chef's counter something you can simply make a reservation for?

cstephens
08-29-2009, 09:00 PM
Is the chef's counter something you can simply make a reservation for?

Yes, you can specifically ask for those seats (1-4 on one side and 5-8 on the other) to see if they're available. Unlike the rest of the restaurant, chef's counter only has two seatings - 5:30 and 8:30.

kelli1rose
08-29-2009, 09:43 PM
What an amazing meal!!! Thanks for all of your photos and comments.......thinking Napa Rose would be fantastic for our next special meal!

Karin
08-31-2009, 10:50 AM
What DH and I enjoyed doing when we went in mid-June and had ressies at the Chef's Counter was trusting the chef. We didn't order from the menu. We told him what we liked and disliked and he made up a menu for us, just for us! That was fun!

Your pics look great, cstephens. Yum!

disneylandgirl
08-31-2009, 11:34 AM
What DH and I enjoyed doing when we went in mid-June and had ressies at the Chef's Counter was trusting the chef. We didn't order from the menu. We told him what we liked and disliked and he made up a menu for us, just for us! That was fun!

Your pics look great, cstephens. Yum!

This is cool, that he just asks you want you want. But, I would be worried about my fiance. I was thinking of going in December, but now I'm not sure. He's not at all into fancy food. He likes steak and bread and cheese. Not so much the veggies and fruits. I'm not sure if he would enjoy the Chef's Counter. I know I would, but I have a feeling he would still be hungry after.

Karin
08-31-2009, 12:31 PM
But, I would be worried about my fiance. I was thinking of going in December, but now I'm not sure. He's not at all into fancy food. He likes steak and bread and cheese. Not so much the veggies and fruits. I'm not sure if he would enjoy the Chef's Counter. I know I would, but I have a feeling he would still be hungry after.

You can have Chef make up your menu and your fiance can order off the regular menu. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

But I'll warn you, it's not cheap to do it the way we did. It was a very special occasion and we probably won't eat like that again for a year or two.

We were so not hungry at all after our meal there. It was fully 7 or 8 courses. Each one was probably 3 or 4 bites worth.

It's an amazing experience. If you can swing it financially and they have the space open, I highly recommend it.

I also highly recommend asking specifically for seats 5 & 6. Seats 1-4 are near the "cold station" and you watch them make salads all night. Seats 5-8 are near the "hot station" and you watch them grill the meats, make the sauces and veggies as well as you're close enough to see the dessert station.

fairestoneofall
08-31-2009, 12:57 PM
But I'll warn you, it's not cheap to do it the way we did. It was a very special occasion and we probably won't eat like that again for a year or two.
I've heard that it's on par price wise with ordering the Vintner's Menu, is that accurate?

adriennek
08-31-2009, 01:04 PM
I've heard that it's on par price wise with ordering the Vintner's Menu, is that accurate?

Yes. When you let the chef plan your menu, they will charge you the same as the Vintner's menu pricing, which is currently $85 (thanks for the photo from the menu, cstephens! LOL)

In addition, you can have them create four wine pairings for you, again, at the same price as the Vintner's Wine Flight but they will be wines chosen for your menu, not just the same four wines as the Vintner's flight.

Adrienne

fairestoneofall
08-31-2009, 01:07 PM
Thanks Adrienne....I knew you'd know the answer. My mouth is watering for a NR date night. I'm shooting for December.

Crazydave
08-31-2009, 02:15 PM
I can't wait.... I will be going to the Napa Rose one week from today to sit at the Chef's Counter.