PDA

View Full Version : Aladdin Today

Pages : [1] 2

DJ_MENTOS
01-16-2003, 12:58 PM
Ok, so I hear that Aladdin is having some sort of premiere today. With that in mind:
1) Who's invited?
2) What time is it?
3) Will they let us who aren't famous (infamous, yes, famous no) in to see the show?

<-=DJ_MENTOS=->

Darkbeer
01-16-2003, 02:01 PM
1) The Media

2) 7 PM, after the park closes

3) No, since the park will be closed, invite only.

Grandbreaker
01-16-2003, 03:25 PM
The Media and VIP types and yes the head mouse will be there its a all day deal. They are set-up in the GCH

DisneyGuy03
01-16-2003, 04:25 PM
There is supposed to be a Grand Opening celebration tommorow of some sort for the public, does anyone have any more details on this one?

Laffite
01-16-2003, 05:26 PM
Wow. Big event. Lots of pressures on the performers.

DisneyGuy03
01-16-2003, 05:33 PM
Yeah, but, they are up to it, check my website to fidn out what all they have done, I just updated the Playbill the other day, it took a lot to dig up all of the information, so please look at it.

Ok, enough of the shameless plug, but really they are amazing.

Laffite
01-16-2003, 05:42 PM
Nothing wrong with shameless plugs, or self-promotions. Or even shameless plug of self-promotion. Thomas Edison himself was a shameless self-promotor.

Now, tasteless shameless plugs of self-promotion.. that's a problem :)

Preston

DisneyGuy03
01-16-2003, 05:58 PM
LOL, I see.....well, anyway, I still want to know if anyone knows anything about tommorow's events, I am still debating as to if I want to go tommorow or Sat., I know Sat they will start the reserved seating.

PhilMP
01-16-2003, 09:42 PM
Hmmm...if the premiere event with invite-only people is so short of people that we had to put out an all call for non-costumed CMs to act as seat-fillers, I wonder how the regular days are gonna go. :)

Phil

DisneyGuy03
01-17-2003, 06:00 AM
Overcrowded? Really, I do think so, the invite only thing was by invitation only, but the general public has already been showing up in the masses to the show and the OC register has a really nice article about Aladdin, but their pictures stink, I use a 2.0 Megapixel Camera and can take better pictures. But I am sure that other newspapers will have similar write-ups as well, all probably coming out this morning, anouncing the "official grand opening" being set for today.

RStar
01-17-2003, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by DisneyGuy03
I know Sat they will start the reserved seating.

Is this the AP prefered seating thing? Anyone know how that works?

I would think you go to get the "Tickets" as you did in Blast!, show your AP and get a prefered seat ticket. Then you get to get in first. That's what it sounds like to me, but they could have special seating for the APs.

Any one know?:confused:

FantasmicFan82
01-17-2003, 08:21 PM
Yes, Much Media there, around 2 dozen booths were set up around Hollywood. The radio station I work For (KRLA) was one there. My Boss/Morning Show Co Host interviewed Eisner and a few others. We've got a bunch of DCA Promtion things going on for Alladin.

Bill Catherall
01-17-2003, 09:56 PM
On my way home from work I was listening to Y-92.5 out of Sacramento and they had some DJs down for the event. I listened to an interview with one of the producers (I can't remember his name and I don't want to bother looking it up) and he was doing quite a bit of promotional talk. He also started plugging the coming Pooh attraction in April as well as Tower of Terror in 2004 and the 50th anniversary in 2005.

Just thought I'd mention that they're promoting all the way up here too.

DisneyGuy03
01-18-2003, 12:44 AM
Is this the AP prefered seating thing? Anyone know how that works?

I would think you go to get the "Tickets" as you did in Blast!, show your AP and get a prefered seat ticket. Then you get to get in first. That's what it sounds like to me, but they could have special seating for the APs.

Any one know?
I do now, well, to a certain degree:
Yes, this is the AP reserved seating thing
It reserved seating, not prefered.

Basically, you will go to the Hyperion Podium (where ever it may be at) and show your annual pass, say you want you ticket for say the 12:45 show.

You show up to the 12:45 show at 12:30, maybe even later go up the mezanine and take your reserved seat.

Yes, all of the reserved seats will be in the mezanine, which is fine and it gurantees us a seat in that area, no matter what time we get there. Of course you do have to get there before the show starts.

And, as always, all of this information is subject to change with out notice (some would say will change without notice) but this is what Keith, one of the "general Hypeion Leads" told me today/Fri.

On my way home from work I was listening to Y-92.5 out of Sacramento and they had some DJs down for the event. I listened to an interview with one of the producers (I can't remember his name and I don't want to bother looking it up) and he was doing quite a bit of promotional talk. He also started plugging the coming Pooh attraction in April as well as Tower of Terror in 2004 and the 50th anniversary in 2005.
Soudns like he really isn't a producer of the show, but is in management of some sort, and of course as with all the upper management got to give input into the show, but just an observational note.

Bill Catherall
01-19-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by DisneyGuy03
Soudns like he really isn't a producer of the show, but is in management of some sort, and of course as with all the upper management got to give input into the show, but just an observational note. Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Anybody can be a producer these days, right? ;)

DisneyGuy03
01-19-2003, 02:51 PM
Well, I was there yesterday, for those that want to know how it works, here it goes:
You go the podium, ask for reserved seating for whichever show you want to go to, show them an annual pass for each ticket.

They then give you a ticket with an Aladdin sticker on the back of it, instead of handing it to them, you show it to the person at the door when you come into the que, you then go up to the Mezzanine and they have the center section of the first two rows roped off, with a cast member at each end of the row, you then show the ticket to them and you get to go to your seats, and yes you get to keep the tickets as well.

Christiii
01-19-2003, 03:38 PM
great info on the playbill! but it didnt do much good without pictures, since I have no idea which actors were in my performance...darn it!

DisneyGuy03
01-19-2003, 03:49 PM
First, I am working on that, but as you enter the que, there's a list outside the souble doors (two signs, one on each side) that say who's playing in that performance. And thank you, like I said, I am working on it, but I don't know all the faces with names yet either (I know the leads, but the Ensemble I don't know them all yet, so it will take time.

Christiii
01-19-2003, 04:03 PM
I must have missed that!! We just kind of ducked in with our tickets and avoided the long line..Ill sure look nextime tho!!
thanks for the site!!
:-)

DisneyGuy03
01-19-2003, 05:10 PM
I have just updated the playbill with some pictures form the last few performances I was at, more will be added soon.

And you are welcome.

Christiii
01-19-2003, 05:22 PM
wow that is great!! Again, thank you so much for all that info!! :-)
I was very impressd to see the girl in the wheelchair in the show...they really adapted a costume and everyting for her...I was very proud of Disney!!! She was just a member like everyone else in the cast...way to go Disney!!

DisneyGuy03
01-19-2003, 06:34 PM
I can tell you that her name is Jennifer, I jsut haven't found a good enough picture of her to use yet.

DisneyGuy03
01-20-2003, 08:28 PM
I have again updated the playbill, adding some understudies, there will be new pictures up shortly.

RStar
01-22-2003, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the info on the reserved seats. I plan to go Sat. to see it with my daughter. I know you can see the flying carpet better in the mezinine, but I like to sit up close to see better. So I'm not sure which way to go on that.

DisneyGuy03
01-22-2003, 07:21 PM
I would sit in the mezzanine, in the reserved seats or in the box seats, you can see faces and the carpet, which works really well.