PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland on Halloween Night

Pages : [1] 2

lola2009
08-27-2009, 03:56 PM
Has anyone gone? What should I make sure we dont miss?

Malcon10t
08-27-2009, 04:00 PM
Has anyone gone? What should I make sure we dont miss?We are at the Halloween Treat in Disneyland on Halloween. It is so much fun! Rides have short lines, plenty of trick or treating, lots of unusual characters, and just a lot of fun!

Disneyland1955
08-27-2009, 04:04 PM
we went for 2007. It really depends on how old your kids are an if you even have any. If you dont or they are all make sure to hit up TOT and Screamin they both have halloween layovers and with limited people in teh park the lines are not that long. Also there is a very short but cute parade that you can only see if you go to Mickeys T-O-T party. and then of course dont miss the photo ops. There are stations with back drops with the characters all over the park and the villians are the best. They were by where Ariel is being build so I dont know where they will be relocated. We are going for halloween too. have a great time it is a very cool experiance.

Niwel
08-27-2009, 04:13 PM
We'll also be there Halloween -- belated present for DH's birthday and a belated 2nd anniversary party.
Should be interesting -- I know adults can't dress up just walking around, but I think we'll both have on fun hats. :fez:

Malcon10t
08-27-2009, 04:21 PM
We'll also be there Halloween -- belated present for DH's birthday and a belated 2nd anniversary party.
Should be interesting -- I know adults can't dress up just walking around, but I think we'll both have on fun hats. :fez:You can dress up for the Halloween Treat in DCA. MDM has gone as a Jedi Master the last couple years. This year, I believe it is going to be Capt. Hook.

Niwel
08-27-2009, 04:26 PM
You can dress up for the Halloween Treat in DCA. MDM has gone as a Jedi Master the last couple years. This year, I believe it is going to be Capt. Hook.

Right -- but we're not doing HT, so I don't think we can. :crying:

kfreak
08-27-2009, 04:37 PM
Should be interesting -- I know adults can't dress up just walking around, but I think we'll both have on fun hats. :fez:

Actually for the Trick or Treat party Adults can dress up, but in Disneyland itself you cant.

Hannahbelle
08-28-2009, 08:26 AM
I'm going this Halloween! YAY! I can't wait to hear about the MP meet ups. I want to know also how everything will be laid out due to all the construction.

daveywest
08-28-2009, 09:33 AM
Has anyone gone? What should I make sure we dont miss?

We'll be in CA for the party on Thursday, then over at DL the rest of the weekend. I'm hoping the park is quiet for Halloween night, but that's wishful thinking.

lola2009
08-28-2009, 10:41 AM
I wont be going to Mickeys Trick of Trat party at CA, $42x 5 is wayyyyyy too much. Ive been to DL during the Halloween season before so I remember the HMH and the park decorations but was else will there be at DL?

3Princesses1Prince
08-28-2009, 11:55 AM
I wont be going to Mickeys Trick of Trat party at CA, $42x 5 is wayyyyyy too much. Ive been to DL during the Halloween season before so I remember the HMH and the park decorations but was else will there be at DL?

This year there are special Halloween fireworks hosted by Jack Skellington with Zero taking Tink's place. These will be nightly. Also Space Mountain is getting a Halloween overlay turning it into Ghost Galaxy.

lola2009
08-28-2009, 12:48 PM
This year there are special Halloween fireworks hosted by Jack Skellington with Zero taking Tink's place. These will be nightly. Also Space Mountain is getting a Halloween overlay turning it into Ghost Galaxy.

OOoo I did not know about Zero. Cant wait!!! Thanksfor the info

Hannahbelle
09-02-2009, 09:40 AM
If there is a thread for this, please direct me there. I was wondering why on the park entertainment schedule there is no mention of the Fireworks shows yet.
Does anyone know why?
I'm seriously considering NOT doing the ToT Party on the 31st due to the cost being so high and the cost of costumes, etc...
I think I would much rather spend the money on priority seating for F!
But I wanted to see what time the Fireworks are at but theres nothing on the website. I was hoping to see the Fireworks first and than do the 10:30 F! show.
Any suggestions???? Do you think I can see both?

lola2009
09-02-2009, 10:15 AM
If there is a thread for this, please direct me there. I was wondering why on the park entertainment schedule there is no mention of the Fireworks shows yet.
Does anyone know why?
I'm seriously considering NOT doing the ToT Party on the 31st due to the cost being so high and the cost of costumes, etc...
I think I would much rather spend the money on priority seating for F!
But I wanted to see what time the Fireworks are at but theres nothing on the website. I was hoping to see the Fireworks first and than do the 10:30 F! show.
Any suggestions???? Do you think I can see both?

I think this might be the only halloween time thread, but not sure. The park schedule is only made public about 45 days before so theres nothing on halloween festivities posted yet. Im with you on the cost of doing the TOT party. I'm still thinking about it but not sure.

I think ( someone correct me if i'm wrong) the foreworks will start on Sept 25th, so we should now what time they'll be then. Im guessing around 9. Ive heard ppl being able to do 9 or 915 fireworks, then the 1030 fantasmic. Just depends how fast your group can move. LOL in my case we are slow movers. But maybe someone can go ahead and get a spot.

Im so excited to go see it all!

kfreak
09-02-2009, 01:40 PM
I will be there with my GF(hopefully Fiancee by then) so who knows who I might run into while playing at Disney.

Hannahbelle
09-02-2009, 01:44 PM
Thanks Lola2009 for the post. But, the Sept 25th start day is only 23 days away and there is still no firework schedule up. Wierd huh?
Well, maybe if i do PS for the 10:30 F! show I can still watch the fireworks before that. :)
I think we're gonna skip the ToT Party due to the cost of tickets and costumes and spend the money on PS.
I'm too excited for the Dragon to wait until our Christmas trip! But, I really do not want to miss the Fireworks either.

Hannahbelle
09-02-2009, 01:45 PM
I will be there with my GF(hopefully Fiancee by then) so who knows who I might run into while playing at Disney.

For sure! Is there a proposal thread I'm missing somewhere? Now I gotta look! ;)

kfreak
09-02-2009, 02:20 PM
For sure! Is there a proposal thread I'm missing somewhere? Now I gotta look! ;)

Yeah there is. It is on the second page of the Trip Planning area for Disneyland.

Bobbie
09-02-2009, 02:33 PM
I called Disney last week to check on Halloween firework schedule so I could plan a trip. I was told that the Halloween fireworks would indeed begin the weekend of 9-25, time will be 9:15.

Hope that helps.

Nettfrankie
09-03-2009, 02:58 PM
Sorry if this has already been addressed but do you need special tickets to go on Halloween night?

cstephens
09-03-2009, 03:31 PM
Sorry if this has already been addressed but do you need special tickets to go on Halloween night?

No, Disneyland is a regular admission night for Halloween. Costumes are only allowed for kids, not adults.

lola2009
09-03-2009, 03:45 PM
No, Disneyland is a regular admission night for Halloween. Costumes are only allowed for kids, not adults.

Kids can wear costumes at DL on Halloween night? I thought you could only wear costumes to the ToT party at DCA? Well I guess it makes sense since kids wear their disney costumes on any other given day at the park. Hmmm I had not thought of this. Makes me feel much better about not wanting to pay the separate cost of the ToT party. Thanks!

Hannahbelle
09-03-2009, 04:16 PM

What's their definition of a kid? Can my 12 yo wear a costume? or is there a "little kid" rule for Halloween on the 31st pertaining to costumes? Just curious since we may skip the ToT Party on Saturday at DCA. (Rather see the fireworks and F!)
Thank you.

BlkPearlCptn
09-03-2009, 04:19 PM
I go to the ToT Party every year (and have a blast!), but I've also been at Disneyland itself on Halloween. LOTS of little kids in cute costumes, and the whole place just has a more magical feel to it. Can hardly wait to get there this year and see the fireworks, Space Mountain, and the decorations. (And, yup gonna be at the Party on Oct. 31 this time).

Hannahbelle
09-03-2009, 04:25 PM
I go to the ToT Party every year (and have a blast!), but I've also been at Disneyland itself on Halloween. LOTS of little kids in cute costumes, and the whole place just has a more magical feel to it. Can hardly wait to get there this year and see the fireworks, Space Mountain, and the decorations. (And, yup gonna be at the Party on Oct. 31 this time).

Im so torn!!! I wish I had TWO nights on Halloween weekend! So unfair.

Well, I looked on DL website and only kids 9 and younger can wear costumes in DL (normally).
Oh well DD (12 yo) can wear hers to the Harvest Party at church. No biggie.