PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Fireworks

Pages : [1] 2

bwillard
08-26-2009, 01:06 PM
Hello,
I was wondering if I could get some advice about viewing the new Halloween fireworks show. I have to be honest and admit that although I've been to Disneyland many times, I've never really had a good view of the fireworks show. I'm going to be in the park in October and was wondering if anyone can give me a tip on where I can get a good view. I have a 9 year old and a 3 year old. Are there any secret spots? Is there anywhere I won't have to save a spot starting at 3 p.m.? Thanks in advance for any advise...

Ben

Niwel
08-26-2009, 01:14 PM
I think it depends on the fireworks show you are seeing. I've watched many shows from it's a small world, but usually after I've seen it once from near the hub or at the train station.

bwillard
08-26-2009, 02:33 PM
Which do you think is the best spot?

TowerofTerror
08-26-2009, 02:39 PM
I like to see the show in front of the hub

Niwel
08-26-2009, 02:42 PM
If you can get to the castle and see it there I would suggest it. You don't have to get there at 3, some people squeeze into a spot even 20 minutes beforehand, you just might have trees in the way.

The train station is awesome, you just might miss it if there is anything on the ground.

ChurroGirl
08-26-2009, 05:00 PM
Does anyone know when the Halloween Fireworks will actually start?

The Disneyland website is not saying anything as for entertainment purposes,as of yet for the weekend of the 3rd and 4th of Oct.

Niwel
08-26-2009, 06:28 PM
The Halloween festivities are scheduled to being Sept. 25. :fez:

kimbeejohnson
08-26-2009, 08:59 PM
I've been watching Disneyland's website for Fireworks the week of Sept 27 - Oct 1 for our upcoming trip. I was a little worried when the fireworks were not listed on the newly posted entertainment schedule.

However, all fears were put to rest when Darkbeer confirmed that the Halloween Fireworks would be showing EVERY night during Halloween time (as he posted on another website) according to a very reliable source. Thanks for the info (as always) Darkbeer! Maybe you can confirm on this website too?

Niwel
08-26-2009, 10:54 PM
We have it from a Disney CM that they will be shown nightly. Details to follow. :fez:

tinkmlj
08-27-2009, 02:21 PM
We have it from a Disney CM that they will be shown nightly. Details to follow. :fez:

The park closes at 8pm during the week. Would they be still able to show fireworks with it closing that early? I hope so that would be great!!! I keep checking the Disneyland website everyday waiting for them to put the schedule up for the fireworks. :D

Niwel
08-27-2009, 02:37 PM
They will be firing off the "Halloween Screams" fireworks at 8 p.m. during the week (at park closing), and at approximately 9:25 Friday, Saturday and Sunday. They start Sept. 25.
All weather permitting of course...

Gandalf
08-27-2009, 05:16 PM
Really looking forward to see Halloween "Disney~style" at the Park. Does anyone know what time Disneyland closes on the Saturday that's Halloween night? We're hoping it stays open late, but not so sure with the DCA Mickey Trick & Treat going on next door. We also heard a rumor that Disney may decorate Space Mtn for Christmas this year. Haven't posted in awhile, still check tho' Thanks for any help on the hours

explodingboy
08-27-2009, 05:51 PM
ive heard the main st train station is pretty good, for an overall view. but if you can squeeze into the castle spot that would be best. godspeed to ya bud.

Jenasweetemotion
09-04-2009, 10:52 PM
We also heard a rumor that Disney may decorate Space Mtn for Christmas this year. Haven't posted in awhile, still check tho' Thanks for any help on the hours
I would say the hours for Saturday in Disneyland will be 12:00 just guessing though based on the hours they have for every Saturday leading up so far. I know that they are doing some awesome things for Halloween, but I haven't heard anything for Christmas. :rolleyes:
Also I have had the best viewing spot right in front of the Castle, I had not a soul in front of me, and I got there an hour maybe an hour and a half before they started. I saved the spots and the family went and got food and we ate and waited it was great. I have heard that the train station is a great spot, plus if you do the VIP tour that is were you sit for the fireworks, so it most be a good spot. :)

tunaman68
09-05-2009, 05:56 PM
Personally, of all the spots I've watched the fireworks over the years, my favorite hands down is at the end of Main Street.

Basically, go toward the castle until you are at the last of the buildings with the Coke Corner on your left, and then look for the pedestrian walk way and stand right behind where they will put up a rope barrier. That way you can see the castle, the Matterhorn, the perimeter fireworks go up all around you, and most of the time, you won't get a dad with kid on shoulders in front of you so you can hold your little one, and your 9 year old can see good as well!

Have Fun!

CindyR
09-05-2009, 07:25 PM
I have usually preferred watching fireworks in front of the castle. During the summer we showed up around 7 or 7:30 and got front row when fireworks were at 9:25. The only unfortunate thing was since it was so busy they were directing traffic through the sidewalk in front of the waiting area so there were people walking in front of us during the show which was unfortunate.

We went yesterday though and noticed that they no longer were directing traffic there so you could wait and be directly in front of the castle with no one in front of you. That's a nice option, especially if they do projections on the castle for those fireworks. If you don't want to wait that long, everyone is usually sitting while waiting and then about 20 minutes before the fireworks start they have to stand. That makes for a huge amount of space behind them, so you can find a decent spot in front of the castle that way too.

HauntedKid
09-08-2009, 11:20 PM
Is it true that for the halloween fireworks instead of tink, zero will be on the sky??? Also...how crowded gets disney during halloween time??

MadasaHatter
09-09-2009, 09:07 AM
The very first year they did Hallowe'en time in Disneyland they had the princess is front of the castle with CINDERALLA at her coach! When it neared the hour mark the princess scurried off and then the WICKED WITCH flew over the castle and then thunder and lightning and the thorns grew on the castle and Cruella, Maleficient and the Wicked Queen appeared back lit in the castle and walked out! It was so cool we came back to watch it again. I hope the WITCH flies AND Zero flies. Of course....I am mad.....

Jenasweetemotion
09-09-2009, 02:06 PM
Is it true that for the halloween fireworks instead of tink, zero will be on the sky??? Also...how crowded gets disney during halloween time??

This is what they said about the fireworks! :) Highlight to read in case others don't want to know :)
Also new this year is “Halloween Screams - A Villainous Surprise in the Skies.” The new fireworks spectacular will haunt the nighttime sky throughout the Halloween season. To start the show, “Master of Scare-omonies” Jack Skellington appears in a flash of fire above Sleeping Beauty Castle. Thanks to Jack’s ghoulish charm, haunting melodies fill the air and a Halloween pyrotechnics extravaganza explodes into the night. Such classic Disney villains as Maleficent, Ursula the Sea Witch and Oogie Boogie join in the “spirit” of the celebration, and even Zero, Jack’s faithful ghost dog, will make an appearance. Spectators in Disneyland are encouraged to participate in a bone-chilling Halloween Scream-Along during the show.

Another Dimension
09-09-2009, 03:13 PM
The official Disneyland Resort HalloweenTime 2009 site has launched...

www.disneyland.com/halloween (http://www.disneyland.com/halloween)

:)

Jenasweetemotion
09-09-2009, 03:49 PM
The official Disneyland Resort HalloweenTime 2009 site has launched...

www.disneyland.com/halloween (http://www.disneyland.com/halloween)

:)

Thanks for letting me know I have been waiting for the pumpkin stencils and such. I love Halloween! :)

HauntedKid
09-09-2009, 06:42 PM
cant wait for space mountain overlay....I just cant imagine what will they do to improve it....also the fireworks!!! Im so excited!!! how crowded will it be on october 10??

Jenasweetemotion
09-09-2009, 08:07 PM
cant wait for space mountain overlay....I just cant imagine what will they do to improve it....also the fireworks!!! Im so excited!!! how crowded will it be on october 10??
Hey you'll be there the same time I will :) I am hoping for not to crowded:rolleyes:

HauntedKid
09-10-2009, 01:15 PM
Hey you'll be there the same time I will :) I am hoping for not to crowded:rolleyes:

Cool!!! , Yes, I hope so too... guess, I`ll see you there...maybe hehehe :p

emmajean
09-14-2009, 12:35 AM
Do you think they will have preview of the Halloween fireworks before the official start date?

The summer fireworks were shot off the Wednesday before the official start date. So, we saw Dumbo on his first night-so special. :D