PDA

View Full Version : Space mountain video w/ soundtrack

Pages : [1] 2

Laffite
01-16-2003, 09:40 AM
Hi guys.

Since there were quite a bit of interest in the Space Mountain computer model I post on the other thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12987), esp about it being in syn'c with the soundtrack, I decided to make a video of the ride with the soundtrack. There were more problems than I had hoped, so it took me a while. I used FRAPS (http://www.fraps.com) to capture and make the ride video, but since it didn't capture audio, so I had to add that in seperately. Unfortunately, the video is only 87.7% of the original speed, so it's about 3:10 instead of 2:48, leaving it un syn'c with the audio.

I spent about a day adjusting and tweaking the video+audio. I think I got it down. You may see the video playing a little weird but that's the result of FRAPS being slow. The audio got un-syn'c a little at the end but you shouldn't notice it. The best way to see it so to do it live in game.

It's MPEG, 28.2mb, 2:49. It'll be like riding Space Mountain outside in daylight with syn'c soundtrack. Here's how you can get it.

If you have an FTP application:
host: ftpus.com
userid: pnguest
password: 2v9dtw

If you want to FTP with your browser
goto FTPUS.com (ftp://ftpus.com/)
From File menu on your browser, click on "Login As..."
userid: pnguest
password: 2v9dtw

Try this link....
HERE (http://graham.streamload.com/Gimme/953316596/16841265/17/0/0488BBFC-479A-4FDB-93AF-F13489A21170/0.355039/2/Space_Mountain-_model_ride_(PNI).mpg)
userid: laffite
password:123456
But it's unlikely that it'll work, though you can try. Plus, I'd recommend a download manager like GETRIGHT (http://downloads-zdnet.com.com/3000-2071-10165074.html?tag=lst-0-1).

Sorry I don't have a "direct" public download link. Can't afford it. Not with my starvin'-college-student budget :(

I've already bought the FTP and the Streamload account, so please use it so that it won't go to waste ;)

If anybody is willing to host the file and help me distribute (if the demand calls for it), then that'll be great.

Enjoy,
Preston

PS. There were lots of questions about what program I used to make the coaster. You can find (and even get the demo) here (http://www.nolimitscoaster.de)

DisneyGuy03
01-16-2003, 09:57 AM
Cool deal, and if need be I can put it on my website, although, I am suprised you can't just get a free website and put it up there, there are plenty that have tons of space available, I may end up having to move to one that has unlimited space, but time will tell, but there are free ones that do, just to let you know.

Laffite
01-16-2003, 10:03 AM
I could only find 10mb ones or the ones with download restrictions that doesn't meet the requirement. If ONLY 20 people download the video, it'll already tax the server with 524mb of transfer. I was surprised how quickly the mbs add up! :eek:

Preston

Bill Catherall
01-16-2003, 10:08 AM
I have a website that I can host it on. I'll upload it this evening when I get home (unless someone else beats me to it).

I can't FTP from work. The firewall doesn't allow it.

Laffite
01-16-2003, 11:19 AM
The last link in the last method I've mention isn't FTP, but I don't know if it'll work very well. You can always give it a try, of course :)

napframe
01-16-2003, 11:55 AM
http://www.nativer.com/~jack/dl/Space_Mountain.mpg

Laffite
01-16-2003, 12:01 PM
Yep. Now you can

GET IT HERE (http://www.nativer.com/~jack/dl/Space_Mountain.mpg)

Free distribution.

refurbmike
01-16-2003, 12:15 PM
Very respectable likeness of the real thing.

While it has it's obvious inaccuracies, it is rather a pleasantry to enjoy while not at the park.

On another note, is it possible to change your surroundings? It's rather odd riding the Mountain in clear daylight. Just a thought.

watkinz
01-16-2003, 12:29 PM
Very impressive!

I've uploaded a copy of the clip to my site. Feel free to get it here:

http://www.radioprojectone.com/SM

PS - When you click the link, your PC may try play the clip in directly from your media player (after it downloads it of course). If you just want to save the clip to your computer, right-click on the link and click "Save Target As..."

:)

watkinz
01-16-2003, 12:34 PM
Oops. Laffite beat me to it. Sorry 'bout that.

The link will still be there if anyone wants...

Laffite
01-16-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by refurbmike

While it has it's obvious inaccuracies, it is rather a pleasantry to enjoy while not at the park.

Yep. I built the ride around the music. So I had to make things a little different to accomodate the music. The real thing is the other way: they built the music around the ride :)

Though it should generally be correct.

It's rather odd riding the Mountain in clear daylight. Just a thought.

That's the idea. ;) I can change surroundings though. Standby.

Originally posted by watkinz
Oops. Laffite beat me to it. Sorry 'bout that.

The link will still be there if anyone wants...

Actually, JackW was the first the post a download think. I just emphasized it for those w/o FTP client

Preston

napframe
01-16-2003, 02:24 PM
Link was down for a few minutes due to the huge uplink load on my connection, its back up now.

Covnut
01-16-2003, 05:43 PM
Wow man! Thanks for the video!! That was very cool and must have taken some time to work it just right!

Lost Boy
01-16-2003, 09:38 PM
I don't know what the problem is here but all of the links to the video clip just won't do anything on my DSL system but spin the world icon and show a blank white page with the word DONE in the message bar at the bottom. It just wont load from any of the links posted. Drat! After downloading the free demo of the program and playing with the demos and rides on that, I really wanted to see this video. I have no problem downloading movie files and other MPEG files so I don't know what the problem is. Drat!:(

Laffite
01-16-2003, 10:07 PM
Hi Lost Boy.

Try this.

Goto JackW's post... the 6th post that is. Right click on his link and choose "Save Target As...". Save it and your download should being in a few seconds.

Preston

napframe
01-16-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Lost Boy
I don't know what the problem is here but all of the links to the video clip just won't do anything on my DSL system but spin the world icon and show a blank white page with the word DONE in the message bar at the bottom. It just wont load from any of the links posted. Drat! After downloading the free demo of the program and playing with the demos and rides on that, I really wanted to see this video. I have no problem downloading movie files and other MPEG files so I don't know what the problem is. Drat!:(

It's been causing my server's connection to slow down that is why you don't see anything because its going very slow. I have had 100%/99% load all day.

Lost Boy
01-17-2003, 06:39 AM
I went ahead and did the right click save target as to my hard drive and it worked fine. I watched the video of Space Mountain and I think Laffite did a fantastic job on this. I have used RCT1 and 2 and Ultimate Coaster (All three versions) to have some coaster fun, but this program puts them all to shame. And I found out that if you purchase the full program off there website ($25 as its shareware) you can download RCT1 coasters you build, save them as the proper file for this program and then use the simulator to ride them. That's worth the price right there as far as I am concerned. Anyway, top job Preston. Who cares if its outside? If it was in a dark building, you wouldn't be able to see anything. I love this fact that the music is synched to the ride also. Great job.:D :D :D

Laffite
01-17-2003, 11:21 AM
Thanks Lost Boy :)

Originally posted by JackW
It's been causing my server's connection to slow down that is why you don't see anything because its going very slow. I have had 100%/99% load all day.

Curious. How many mbs did you transfer yesterday?

JoeCanadian
01-17-2003, 12:29 PM
Great job Lafitte. It's amazing how you managed to sync up the music with so many of the key points within the ride.

MetalliKitty
01-17-2003, 09:35 PM
I have been reading about this for the past couple of days on here, we just got passes for Christmas (already visited DL twice and DCA once, in two weeks :p !!) And unfortunately discovering Space Mountain audio is pretty much nonexistant - wow, what a great idea to do for all of us deprived folks.
The file is downloading right now as I type, probably it will not get watched until tomorrow night but nevertheless I am excited to check it out.
In advance - thank you Laffite (sp??) for putting it together and thank you also to those who made it available as a normal clickable link download. I had a couple of scary moments attempting the FTP action before I read more posts and found a regular link.

(though I think I might still be a little sad as I am in line for Space Mountain, noticing all the non-functioning red lamps and empty little holes on the backs of the train...sob...)
(but me and hubby have both noticed that it does seem longer without the music, to find *one* positive point)

Tatertotsmommie
01-18-2003, 08:27 PM
Laffite, this is so awesome! My son and I just watched it about 10 times. The only thing is, when I downloaded it, I only got 1:33 of it and it stops right in the middle of the ride. I see that it was supposed to be 2:49 in length, any idea what I might have done wrong? I would love to have the whole thing.

You are very talented! ;) Thanks!

Kimberly

Laffite
01-18-2003, 11:56 PM
Hi Kimberly

There are several download links to get the video. Perhaps the link you used the first time was faulty (I've got reports that there's been a lot of downloads :) ) Here are the 2 links available for download. Try re-downloading it again (thanks to JackW and watkinz for hosting the direct downloads). Right click on the link and choose "Save target as.."

link 1 http://www.nativer.com/~jack/dl/Space_Mountain.mpg
link 2 http://www.radioprojectone.com/SM/Space_Mountain.mpg

If you're familar with ftp (even if you're not, it's not that hard), point your browser to ftp://ftpus.com (you may get an "error" message.. just click OK) and from File menu of your browser, click "Login as" and use the userid and password you see in my signature. Right click on "Space Moutain..." and choose "Copy to..".

Hope this works for you :)

Thanks to everybody for the comments. refurbmike is working on another version with added coaster sound fx (Comm. chat, warp tunnel, screams). The coaster program does have its own sound fx but it didn't get captured when I was recording the coaster. The music was added in later.

Cheers,
Preston

YellowMan
04-05-2003, 12:02 PM
Sorry to bring back such an old thread, but I was wondering if there is anybody out there who could send me a copy of this video of the model, as all the places that it was once hosted are no longer allowing downloads. Thanks a bunch.

heidiwhr
04-05-2003, 08:19 PM
Yellowman - I was just able to click on Link 2 listed above by Laffite and it worked in Windows Media Player. VERY cool, BTW! Thanks for sharing!

mrfantasmic
04-05-2003, 09:04 PM
Whoa! That is SOOO cool!
I think i'll watch it again, and again... thanks!