PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion 40th Event Dinner Question

PoohBear1967
08-23-2009, 04:54 PM
Hello~
I am wondering if anyone can give me an idea of what kind of food is normally served at these events?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

cstephens
08-23-2009, 08:23 PM
Is there a particular concern you have? If there are allergies or other food issues, there was a way to include that info in the seating chart request. It's probably still not too late to let them know.

In any case, we attended the Haunted Mansion Holiday event in 2002 with the dinner package (http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/hmhevent2002.html), and here's the excerpt from the dinner portion that I wrote:

At about 5:20, we headed over to the Blue Bayou, where a line had already formed to get into dinner. When we got to the front, we were led to our table, which ended up being right by the water, so that was very nice. We ran into another friend who was also at the same dinner at a nearby table so spoke to her briefly. The table was decorated with a glowing pumpkin centerpiece, as were each of the other 10-person tables. At each setting was a booklet which included the menu for the night as well as the choruses of the scarols to be sung later. There were already varieties of breads and cheeses on the table for us to enjoy, and we were also asked our beverage selections, with red and white wine also being offered. The first course was a butternut squash soup, served in a squash half, which was quite good. The second course was a salad of greens and asparagus served in an emptied tomato shell. The dressing was particularly good. The third course was the entree, consisting of filet mignon and halibut with mashed potatoes and roasted vegetables, all of which were very good. Dessert was an incredible creation consisting of chocolate and pumpkin mousse, meringue ghosts, a chocolate pumpkin, and a cookie in a similar mountain curl shape familiar to "The Nightmare Before Christmas" fans. I noticed that because of the great presentation, many people were taking pictures of their desserts. The restaurant staff also seemed to be quite accommodating to dietary concerns as the person to our left was given French onion soup instead of the butternut squash, and the person to our right was a vegetarian so was given a portabello mushroom entree instead. We also noticed that when dessert was being served, some people were instead having plates of fresh fruit.

For the 2003 Haunted Mansion Holiday event (http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/hmhevent2003.html), here was the dinner menu:

The Boo Bayou presents

"The Nightmare Before Christmas" Dinner

October 2, 2003

Preset Corpse

Clown-with-the-Tear-Away-Bread, Creature-Under-the-Bed Cheese with Un-Savory Garlic and Poker-Faced Pumpkin Seed Spread - Forget puttin' on that poker face, we know you must be starvin'! There's no need to turn pale with hunger with this wicked assortment of goodies. Just "tear-away" a temptin' taste of these bootiful breads and chilling cheeses, and your tummy pangs will fold like a pair of lazy-eyed Jacks.

Second Corpse

Sally's Salad - Concocted with love and lefovers from Sally's miraculous kitchen, this bewitching mixture is just what the lovelorn ordered: Broken Hearts of Romaine, I'm Nobody's Baby Frisee, White-As-A-Sheet Asparagus, Current-ly Single Tomatoes, Autumn-We-Be-Berry-Good-Together Vinaigrette, and a mini Pumpkin Spice "Love" Loaf, for extra zing, served with Pumpkin King Butter-Me-Up. Dig in! Each bite awaits your gnashing teeth with open charms!

Third Corpse

"Entree du Oogie" - Gamblin' Game Hens & All-Bets-Are-Off Beef Tenderloin Filet - Oogie's roulette wheel's been roastin' free-range squawkers just for you! Yessir, they've been twirlin', whirlin' and cheatin' death 'till they came to a dead stop. Then Oogie rolled 'em like marked dice in reduced rare Porto and Scab-ernet sauce, paired 'em up with Smushroom Potatoes, and declared this dish a "full house" with Spinach Pureek on Yellowy Sun Burst and Cha-toe Buttered Scarrots. On top of that, he's been grilling the Beef Tenderloin all night long (but the beef refuses to answer any more insane questions).

Dessert, Of Corpse

Take a gamble and eat up. We're not tellin' you what it is!

The link above has some pictures of the dinner included.

Hope that helps.

olegc
08-23-2009, 10:59 PM
was 2004 the year they held it as more of a tapas/appetizer type of setup outdoors (with the games and the Oogie balloon over the RoA)? that was one year... and I wondered based on the itinerary if the meal at DCA would be presented the same way for this year.

cstephens
08-24-2009, 07:11 AM
was 2004 the year they held it as more of a tapas/appetizer type of setup outdoors (with the games and the Oogie balloon over the RoA)? that was one year... and I wondered based on the itinerary if the meal at DCA would be presented the same way for this year.

Yes, that was the year for that, but in the itinerary, it was advertised as "hors d'oeuvres and desserts", and it was definitely much more than that.

But considering we were given seating chart requests for tables, I would expect a sit-down dinner.

olegc
08-24-2009, 07:57 AM
But considering we were given seating chart requests for tables, I would expect a sit-down dinner.

ah, yes, that's true. sorry - 1am does that to you... (forgetfullness)

spectromen
08-25-2009, 07:20 AM
PoohBear, if it's anything like the 2002 menu that CStephens recounts above, you will NOT be disappointed. It was awesome!

CariBelle
08-25-2009, 11:24 AM
Do they do this every year?

cstephens
08-25-2009, 11:32 AM
Do they do this every year?

No. They had the Haunted Mansion Holiday event for 4 years running, and they're doing the Haunted Mansion event this year because of its 40th birthday. I'm going to doubt that they do either event next year.

CariBelle
08-25-2009, 01:26 PM
Ah ok. Thanks!

punkyv
08-27-2009, 04:28 PM
Is this being held on 09-09?