PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Club 33 News

Pages : [1] 2

Toocherie
08-23-2009, 12:57 PM
A friend had lunch at Club 33 yesterday and reported back that one of the "vintage" toilets in the ladies' room is no more and has been replaced with a standard, industrial grade, attached to the wall toilet! So, there is just one "throne" left! In other news, they have added a family bathroom--so all is not lost.

Malcon10t
08-23-2009, 01:06 PM
A friend had lunch at Club 33 yesterday and reported back that one of the "vintage" toilets in the ladies' room is no more and has been replaced with a standard, industrial grade, attached to the wall toilet! So, there is just one "throne" left! In other news, they have added a family bathroom--so all is not lost.When we ate there last weekend, that was how it was, but as we hadn't been there, I assumed that was how it always was!

BlkPearlCptn
08-23-2009, 03:08 PM
I can't believe they didn't replace it. That was always something to do..go in and take a picture of the toilets. People did it all the time.

fairestoneofall
08-23-2009, 03:15 PM
Laughing Out Loud....I LOVE that breaking Club 33 news has to do with toilets....Love it.

Toocherie
08-23-2009, 03:48 PM
Laughing Out Loud....I LOVE that breaking Club 33 news has to do with toilets....Love it.

Hey it's important stuff!!

At least there's still one "throne" to take a picture of!

kkmickey
08-23-2009, 05:09 PM
They take them out when they need to be repaired. They usually return :)

hapyg0luky
08-23-2009, 05:21 PM

Oh what a relief! One of my goals in life is to have a picture of me on the Club33 throne:D

Bytebear
08-23-2009, 05:28 PM
Any way we can see before and after pictures?

adriennek
08-23-2009, 06:15 PM

Ohmygoodness, Kristin, I was gearing up to have to roll my eyes one heckuvalot here. They better.

Adrienne

Toocherie
08-23-2009, 06:17 PM
Any way we can see before and after pictures?

I'll have to ask her if she took pics of the "after"--when she gets home to Az.

ryanvalle
08-23-2009, 08:14 PM
haha i was hoping breaking news would say: "Waiting list is open again"

but to hear its about toilets is quite entertaining and just as exciting for a disney geek like me :)

Jenasweetemotion
08-23-2009, 08:41 PM
In my life I would love to go to club 33. But since I don't think that will happen I suppose I will have to sit on the average man's thrown. :)

Disneyland1955
08-23-2009, 09:06 PM
I am right there with you. I would give a lot just to go eat there one time. I was hoping that my girlfriend could pull some strings for my 21st birthday but I dont think even mickey himself has that much magic. lol but I would love to see a picture of this "thrown" if anyone can share.:)

Andrew
08-23-2009, 09:23 PM
I am right there with you. I would give a lot just to go eat there one time. I was hoping that my girlfriend could pull some strings for my 21st birthday but I dont think even mickey himself has that much magic. lol but I would love to see a picture of this "thrown" if anyone can share.:)
Please forgive the old site look; these pages (http://www.mouseplanet.com/potties/club33.html) haven't been updated.

Toocherie
08-24-2009, 12:10 PM
Thanks Andrew for the "before" shot--unfortunately my friend did not take photos this past weekend--she said the stall on the right just had the standard white coming out of the wall toilet that you find in most potties at the resort.

disneylandgirl
08-24-2009, 01:26 PM
Please forgive the old site look; these pages (http://www.mouseplanet.com/potties/club33.html) haven't been updated.

Nothing to do with Disneyland... but Andrew, I love you picture! Paramore is one of my fav. bands!!

sierranevada
08-24-2009, 01:32 PM
I am laughing hysterically! I also thought the breaking news was about the wait list but having been to Club 33 once before, completely understand the urgency regarding the "throne"!! Too funny!

kkmickey
08-25-2009, 01:31 PM
If I remember correctly, the "thrones" are only in the women's restroom. So silly, but I was so impressed and took pictures as well the first time I went to Club 33. The second time everyone kept telling newcomers "Make sure to see the toilets in the women's restroom." I couldn't figure out why they kept coming out with puzzled looks on their faces. At least not until I went to the restroom only to find that the "thrones" were being repaired and had been replaced by regular toilets!

The Red Head
08-25-2009, 02:01 PM
The regular toilets are actually always there. The "throne" as everyone calls them covers the regular toilet up so you can't see it. When the chair portion needs to be repaired they take it out, which leaves the toilet exposed for you to see.

kkmickey
08-26-2009, 06:24 AM
The regular toilets are actually always there. The "throne" as everyone calls them covers the regular toilet up so you can't see it. When the chair portion needs to be repaired they take it out, which leaves the toilet exposed for you to see.

Yes, I suppose that's a "duh!" on my part. It just doesn't SEEM like there are regular toilets under there. Part of the Disney Magic :) It's like taking off a character's head!

MickeyDogMom
08-26-2009, 10:23 AM
Well NOW that makes sense! I went on the 17th and people said the bathrooms were great! People talked about this "throne". I didn't seen anything unusual and didn't feel the need to take a picture. Now that I know it was just a replacement it makes sense.

tsubaru02
08-27-2009, 03:09 PM
We had Dinner there last night and my Fiance said both toliet were there:) so it back.

Jodi
08-27-2009, 04:28 PM
It makes me happy that my family are not the only nuts taking pictures of the toilets! I even have a picture of my dad coming out of the ladies room after we checked that it was empty and sent him in to look at the throne!:D

And how have I never seen the "Happiest potties on Earth" until now?!?!

Malcon10t
08-27-2009, 05:07 PM
It makes me happy that my family are not the only nuts taking pictures of the toilets! I even have a picture of my dad coming out of the ladies room after we checked that it was empty and sent him in to look at the throne!:D

And how have I never seen the "Happiest potties on Earth" until now?!?!
My son took pics of the men's room!! He took pics of EVERYTHING in there, except the food.....

Malcon10t
08-28-2009, 08:48 PM
Here's the men's room from Escape Artist's view point.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3451/3844881504_b1c78c68e3.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2549/3844091173_6ee92dbd7f.jpg