PDA

View Full Version : Paradise Gardens?!

Disneyland1955
08-20-2009, 07:21 PM
So was reading the link on the bottom of Hauntedkids message and it said coming to Disneyland in 2010 is going to be Paradise gardens. Does anyone know anything baout this or what it is. thank you

Another Dimension
08-20-2009, 07:38 PM
The new beer gardens in Paradise Pier (west)?

Rufus T Firefly
08-20-2009, 07:42 PM
The new beer gardens in Paradise Pier (west)?

I'll drink to that. ;)

mechurchlady
08-20-2009, 07:58 PM
Paradise Garden Grill is the name of the new restaurant to take the place of the McDonald's restaurant. Boardwalk Pasta and Pizza will be the new name for Pizza Oom Mow Mow. They open in May 2010 and at one time there was talk of a mega restaurant like Plaza Inn but as a beer garden in that location. Paradise Gardens is supposed to be the name of the overall area where the two restaurants are. Darkbeer should be around with more details later.

Paradise Park will be the name for the viewing area that overlooks the bay for viewing the World of Color shows and for other events.

disneyland2995
08-22-2009, 02:57 PM
Cool

Teddi
09-01-2009, 11:19 AM
Has it been announced what type of food (not like a full menu but just an idea) of what this place will be? DCA is just lacking in food choices right now. I wonder why they closed Burger Invasion so early.

And does anyone else think Pizza Oom Mow Mow is more like Ooh Yuck Yuck? It's the only place in DLR I can' actually say my reaction was like "i don't want to eat this!"

mechurchlady
09-01-2009, 02:48 PM
Has it been announced what type of food (not like a full menu but just an idea) of what this place will be? DCA is just lacking in food choices right now. I wonder why they closed Burger Invasion so early.

And does anyone else think Pizza Oom Mow Mow is more like Ooh Yuck Yuck? It's the only place in DLR I can' actually say my reaction was like "i don't want to eat this!"

It can be asumed that the Broadway Pizza and Pasta will remain similar in menu to Pizza Oom Mow Mow but with an easier name to type. As for the other one it will probably be burgers or Plaza Inn style food but I have not heard word on that.

DCA will have many choices available. I love eating there and still have a few spots to check out over at DCA.

Pacific Wharf offers chili, soup in a bowl and salads as well as loafs of bread
Cocina Cucamonga offers Mexican style cooking
Lucky Fortune cookery offers Chinese style food
Award Weiners offers hot dogs
Taste Pilot's Grill offers chicken sandwiches, ribs, and burgers
Tratatoria offers fine Italian dining
Corn Dog Castle is coming back with corn dogs
Bountiful Harvest offers deep fried goodness
Ariel's and Cove Bar offer American meals and food
Schmoozies and Ritas offer drinks

lauramaynot
09-01-2009, 02:56 PM
I wonder why they closed Burger Invasion so early.

someone correct me if I am wrong but it closed early when disney didn't renew it's contract with mcd's. They closed the fry locations in DL and stopped the movie promos in happymeals at that time as well. As for food choices in DCA, I think it is getting better. When the park opened there were so many food places and not enough people to eat in them, some of them I have never seen open...

lauramaynot
09-01-2009, 03:00 PM
It can be asumed that the Broadway Pizza and Pasta will remain similar in menu to Pizza Oom Mow Mow but with an easier name to type.

LOL! my kids call it OMMMM and do it meditation style ;) I like the new name and themeing much better :)

mechurchlady
09-01-2009, 03:39 PM
Yep, McDonalds had Westward Ho french fry stand across from Big Thunder Railroad, Harbour Galley across from the Haunted Mansion, and Burger Invasion. Disney and McDonalds are no longer partners.

Compared to Disneyland I would say DCA does pretty well for providing a variety of foods. They have Mexican, Chinese, American and Italian.

Teddi
09-01-2009, 06:22 PM
I'm sure that the amount of places they have to eat for their crowds is fine, it just is and has been something I've noticed since our first trip to DCA (which was in 2003). I really disliked POMM and my DH has tried the Cocina and really said it was gross too. The PW is where we've eaten at least one meal the last three times and really, I'm just not impressed. I wish the PW would go to a primarily seafood based restaurant, and that the new replacement would do hamburgers and deli sandwiches. I'm definitely looking forward to the Chinese place and really want to try that. I am even wanting to give the Mexican another try because they expanded their menu and I love tamales. We do like the Taste Pilot's Grill and we enjoyed WC Tratt too (or maybe we really enjoyed the shade and relative AC it offered) I saw somewhere (can't recall where) that the Vineyard wasn't necessarily closed permanently- I was looking forward to getting to eat there someday.

Maybe I'm being overly picky- but I dislike the relatively high reliance of the small places- like the Weiner Place in Hollwood and the stuff down on Paradise Pier. In fact, correct me if I am wrong, but as far as places to sit INSIDE (which you pay attention to more if you are there on a rainy day) there's WCT, Ariel's (but they have been full about half the days we've been in DCA, no not open for walkup), or Taste Pilots. Even at that, there's one shared dining area for Pizza OMM/Burger Invasion (when it was opened, so now it's not crowded there) and then the semi together seating of PW/Mexican (and now I assume throw the Chinese place in there too? Or maybe not). It just seemed the dining, as in lunch and dinner places, where you can have seating there in/at the restuarant was like 3 places... total. Whereas in DL i guess we are much more spoiled.

Anyway, I'm not trying to complain really and I am glad that something will be replacing burger invasion and that the area will get expanded seating and that we'll have more choices in the near future.

twindaddy
09-01-2009, 06:30 PM
Maybe I'm being overly picky- but I dislike the relatively high reliance of the small places- like the Weiner Place in Hollwood and the stuff down on Paradise Pier. In fact, correct me if I am wrong, but as far as places to sit INSIDE (which you pay attention to more if you are there on a rainy day) there's WCT, Ariel's (but they have been full about half the days we've been in DCA, no not open for walkup), or Taste Pilots. Even at that, there's one shared dining area for Pizza OMM/Burger Invasion (when it was opened, so now it's not crowded there) and then the semi together seating of PW/Mexican (and now I assume throw the Chinese place in there too? Or maybe not). .

I think you can sit inside at the bakery cafe next to the bread tour (I am having a brain fart and cant recall the name).

I love the just eat a giant piece of sourdough. No clam chowder or anything, just a huge piece of warm, fluffy bread.

I dislike pretty much everything past Ariel's Grotto in general, but I suppose that is for a different thread. I walk down the wooden walkway past Ariel's towards California Screamin and think "Walt would hate this", other than TSMM.

But I suppose that is a debate for another thread....I am really looking forward to the remodel.

BTW, is the wine country room that had a pictures and videos of the construction designs still open?

mechurchlady
09-01-2009, 07:05 PM
The preview room was formerly a wine film area that discussed wine making and its history. It is now called the Blue Sky Cellar and it is still open.

Award Weiners was expanded into the empty area next to the Muppets and now has an open air covered dining area.

Another Dimension
09-03-2009, 03:49 PM
The few times I ate there I never found the food at Cocina 'gross', just zombie-slow with all service.

McBurger McInvasion was McGross.

darph nader
09-03-2009, 03:54 PM
I'm going with Another Dimension and Rufus. :D
(You knew I would churchy) :cool:

danyoung
09-04-2009, 07:21 AM
I had lunch at the all new Cocina Cucamonga a couple months ago, and was really impressed with the quality and quantity. Very nice for in-park fast food!