PDA

View Full Version : D23 Expo Live Auction

cstephens
08-20-2009, 07:49 AM
(With apologies to the mods, I looked around the boards but could not figure out for the life of me where I should put this thread, so here it is. If it should be somewhere else, please move it with my thanks.)

The lots for the D23 Live Auction have been updated with all of the DLR experiences. Here's a link to the catalog. (http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/artofdisneyparks/media/D23_online_auction_catalog.pdf)

Some of the experiences are the same as the ones offered during the 50th anniversary event auction, as I recall.

Lot 10 sounds like it would be pretty cool.

Lot 13 should prove to be *very* interesting - kind of like your own personal cooking class. I can't imagine what that's going to go for. I think it would be cool, but totally wasted on me.

I *love* lot 24 but doubt I'd be able to afford it.

Lot 27, the hatbox ghost replica, was mentioned in a previous thread, but they've added pictures.

Lot 34 could be pretty cool, depending on which version of The Walt Disney Story they're actually bringing back.

Lot 37 - They're auctioning off a Candlelight package!

Lot 39 - That would be awesome, but how many people would have room for that?

Too bad there's no Lot 666. :)

We still haven't decided if we're purchasing a bid ticket. And then there's the question of purchasing only one since that's all we really need or purchasing two so that we can sit together during the auction.

KarenW2
08-20-2009, 09:30 AM
Wow, some of those sound tempting, imagine getting your very own choice of all characters, colors, etc. on Lot #22? That would be cool.

Had to drop my hubby an email, to let him know about lucky #13's "experience". He did the NR class at the last Food & Wine deal and really enjoyed it, but this sounds like it would be even better!! Wonder how expensive it'll turn out to be!

We already have our reservation at NR's Chef Counter, for the Friday night of the Expo. We're salivating already!!

TIMBO
08-20-2009, 01:08 PM
LOT 39
Peter Pan’s Flight Attraction Vehicle

That would be sooooo cool for a Boy's bedroom.

LOT 27
Haunted Mansion Hatbox Ghost Replica
Figure by Kevin Kidney & Jody Daily

At 6ft tall I'd love to Put that on my porch for Halloween and watch the kiddies scream! LOL! :cool:

KarenW2
08-20-2009, 03:03 PM
Do you think John will be in the market for the Peter Pan ride vehicle, to go with his DISNEYLAND sign??

kfreak
08-20-2009, 03:18 PM
I keep trying to view the auction page, and it wont let me.

SANDYMARIE
08-20-2009, 09:17 PM
OH! Lot 39 for me!!! :D

Malcon10t
08-20-2009, 10:12 PM
I wish I could bid on lot 10 for Youngest. She would LOVE it.

kfreak
08-21-2009, 09:20 AM
Can some one post the lots? I try to view and it wont let me.

cstephens
08-21-2009, 09:46 AM
Can some one post the lots? I try to view and it wont let me.

It's a really long list with lots of descriptions and pictures, so it would be a lot to post.

It's just a regular pdf. Do you have a reader for that? If not, you can download it for free.

kfreak
08-21-2009, 11:05 AM
It's a really long list with lots of descriptions and pictures, so it would be a lot to post.

It's just a regular pdf. Do you have a reader for that? If not, you can download it for free.

I have Adobe Arobat to view pdf files. It just tells me that the file is damaged. I will try saving the file though. Didnt think of doing that.

cstephens
08-21-2009, 12:55 PM
I have Adobe Arobat to view pdf files. It just tells me that the file is damaged. I will try saving the file though. Didnt think of doing that.

Well, now, that's weird. I just clicked on the link again, and it worked fine.

In case it makes a difference, here's the link to the auction package site (http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/artofdisneyparks/event/dlr_d23expo_liveauction_package.html), from which there's a link to the auction lots. It shouldn't matter since it's the same link, but in case anything funky is going on. Hope you can see the lots somehow.

AVP
08-21-2009, 12:58 PM
I *love* lot 24 but doubt I'd be able to afford it.Well, one of us has to decide who is going to bid on it, because there's no point in driving up the price! :p

cstephens
08-21-2009, 01:24 PM
Well, one of us has to decide who is going to bid on it, because there's no point in driving up the price! :p

OK, I'll "let" you have it if I can come look at it periodically. ;)

(Oh, and I'm sure David would be *thrilled* if a bidding war broke out!)

AVP
08-21-2009, 01:31 PM
OK, I'll "let" you have it if I can come look at it periodically. ;)Oh, no, no, I'll let YOU have it, if I can come look at it.

(Oh, and I'm sure David would be *thrilled* if a bidding war broke out!) He probably would. I've met him at a few events, and he seems like a complete sweetheart.

AVP

CariBelle
08-21-2009, 02:33 PM
Lot 5 made me cry lol I must be in a very emotional state if a dress can make me cry! I just think that's the most beautiful wedding dress I've ever seen!

dznyphreak
08-21-2009, 10:25 PM
Being a college student, I will not be bidding. But I'd put all my money into Lot 22 if I had the chance. A personally designed piece of Disney art?! Sign me up.