PDA

View Full Version : Abandon Area Next to Chip and Dale's Tree house?

lilfigment
08-18-2009, 03:27 PM
Just got back from a trip to DL and it was my first real time in Mickey's Toontown in California. While waiting for my son to explore Chip and Dale's Treehouse we noticed a cave like area to right of the tree with a rope net and some trees in planters blocking the way into the cave. There's a controll pannel door in the cave and a wheel mounted on the wall.

Does anyone know if this used to be anything?

I'm always oddly amused and saddened by dead areas of former attractions. Like passing the old people mover tracks on the monorail. Can't ever quiet forget cause there it is dead, dark, dirty, and unloved. I know my BF gets that way about Star Tours since the queue is so much like Innerspace. Sometimes even though I'd be sad to see dead attractions completely go away. I kinda wish Disney Would finish the job when killing them instead of leaving the body behind so to speak :D

Thanks for the info if any^^

Darkbeer
08-18-2009, 03:34 PM
It used to be a ball pit area for kids to play in...

Alas, too many "accidents" from the kids had them closing down the pit area for clean up on a regular basis, and for safety/health reasons, closed the area only shortly after it opened.

lilfigment
08-18-2009, 03:43 PM
ah wow I was completely off. I was thinking water area. I could see why it was closed those things are no joy to maintain. Thanks for the info I couldn't find much info on things past on Toontown.

I thought it would be cute if they converted it into an acorn storage area (for looks) for Chip and Dale.

Jenasweetemotion
08-18-2009, 04:55 PM
This was my brothers favorite area to go to when he was younger.