PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones Fire [Effect Missing?]

disneyshoes
08-17-2009, 07:00 PM
Does anyone know what happened to the Cyclone of Fire in Indy? It was gone along with Pirate Crab and the dirty footed pirate :(

BunnyCups
08-17-2009, 08:07 PM
There's a cyclone of fire? o.O

Are you talking about the burst of fire that's in the main chamber?

Or am I just confused.

dehnehsu
08-17-2009, 10:06 PM
Do you mean the fire in the large Mara's burned out eye? (In the Main room) There is also a swirling tornado fire effect in the Tokyo Disneyland version (The Temple Of The Crystal Skull) It's located in the main room which would be where the lava pit is in the Anaheim version.

Chadsgal
08-17-2009, 10:15 PM
We have noticed in our last couple trips that the fire seems to be lacking in general.

Another Dimension
08-17-2009, 11:44 PM
Indy needs an E-Ticket scale refurb...

moofeet
08-18-2009, 07:56 AM
I noticed the fire wasn't really that active the last time I went as well, but figured it was just a malfunction since the ride had closed down earlier that day. Hopefully all the stuff missing as of late is restored to it's glory soon!! Summer still has some weeks left!!! :D

RocketRob
08-18-2009, 08:50 AM
My daughter and I tried to use our fastpasses late last Friday and Indy was down. We rode Pirates and walked over to Indy around 11:30...Indy was back up but there was an odd "electrical burning" odor and we noticed the snake was not working (actually was slumped over and looked dead).

I guess Indy overcame his fear of snakes and finally slayed the creature. Oddly, when we got to that part of the adventure, he still told me I was "on my own". :eek:

BunnyCups
08-18-2009, 02:03 PM
My daughter and I tried to use our fastpasses late last Friday and Indy was down. We rode Pirates and walked over to Indy around 11:30...Indy was back up but there was an odd "electrical burning" odor and we noticed the snake was not working (actually was slumped over and looked dead).

I guess Indy overcame his fear of snakes and finally slayed the creature. Oddly, when we got to that part of the adventure, he still told me I was "on my own". :eek:

OH NO! Not Fluffy! :(

explodingboy
08-18-2009, 03:00 PM
it looks like someones holding up a little bic lighter in mara's eye. just a little teensie weensie flame.

Jenasweetemotion
08-18-2009, 05:03 PM
They really need to fix it the last time I was there it was down everyday at least once and when we where on it we noticed that there was allot lacking, fire and effects then as we got to the end where the ball is coming at you (well not really) we got stuck, we just sat there as the jeep jerked around but we didn't move it lasted for at least 5 minutes until we moved and then got stuck right before the the track splits for another couple of minutes. Hopefully they will refurbish it.

dznyphreak
08-18-2009, 05:37 PM
From what I've learned, the ride was built before they really had the proper technology. The ride system runs on hydraulics, which causes the frequent downtime. Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom has the same ride system, but is electric if I'm not mistaken and so doesn't have the same maintenance problems. As for the effects, that's just the result of lack of TLC. Something tells me WDI is focusing its energy elsewhere at the resort right now... ;)

disneylandgirl
08-19-2009, 11:41 AM
They really need to fix it the last time I was there it was down everyday at least once and when we where on it we noticed that there was allot lacking, fire and effects then as we got to the end where the ball is coming at you (well not really) we got stuck, we just sat there as the jeep jerked around but we didn't move it lasted for at least 5 minutes until we moved and then got stuck right before the the track splits for another couple of minutes. Hopefully they will refurbish it.

I got stuck on it back in December, and they actually had to have everyone walk off the ride. We had to sit in the vehicle for about 20 minutes (which was horrible because I had to pee!!) then they came around with a ladder and "evacuated" us. We were stopped right after the boulder, when you make that sharp right turn. Indy was staring at us the whole time... :rolleyes:

When I rode it last month, the fire throughout the ride was MIA. :crying: