PDA

View Full Version : AP Trade

MouseVII
08-16-2009, 01:14 PM
My sister's AP went through the dryer a few weeks ago. So last week she went to guest services, fully expecting to pay the replacement fee. The CM asked if she lost it, and then my sister showed the CM her old pass. It was pretty much in one piece, though crinkled and almost balled up. The CM took the old one and gave her a new one for free and said it because my sister had the old one it was considered a trade.

Not sure if this "trade" was common knowledge, but I've never heard of it before and thought I would mention it.

DizneyMommy
08-16-2009, 01:46 PM
I think the replacement fee is mostly to prevent people from asking for a replacement every time they forget their pass at home. She proved she had it, it was just unusable, so it makes sense they'd swap it. They do the same thing if your photo changes enough that they want you to have a new one taken, they don't charge you then either.

mechurchlady
08-16-2009, 01:49 PM
Thank you so much for this information. They do not charge if there is a police report showing a theft or if you bring in the mutilated passport. I never heard online of someone actually bringing in the remains of a passport to get another one though.

charpaul
08-16-2009, 02:18 PM
They have replaced my pass more than once when it has cracked. I just take it in and they print a replacement pass. It will NOT be the special design one - but it is replaced for free.

Tan Da Man
08-16-2009, 03:39 PM
I had a friend who's barcode got scratched off partly on his AP and it wouldnt scan, so they replaced it for free. But of course, he managed to lose his new one that same day and had to pay the fee.