PDA

View Full Version : Random Questions from a Seasoned DL Vet

Escape2Disney
08-15-2009, 03:36 PM
I've been to Disneyland quite a few times, but still somehow have questions about our visit next month. :rolleyes:

Can I get a silhouette of my service dog?
How long does it take the artists in NOS to create pictures?
Is it possible to ship purchases home?
Do they sell pet supplies in the park? I'd like to get a new Disney themed dog bowl, etc. for him if possible.
Will the Ornament shop be open in September?

Thanks!

quackinup
08-15-2009, 03:40 PM
Can I get a silhouette of my service dog?

I'm sure you can, I saw one posted here of a person and their dog.

MKY4ME
08-15-2009, 03:44 PM
but call and see if they can send something to you.
Disneyland DelivEARS is 1-800-362-4533, the number for WDW merchandise is 1-407-363-6200. I am sure they can ship for you.

Malcon10t
08-15-2009, 04:37 PM
1. Yes, but you may need to wait for a specific cutter to do it.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_r0Ds3QnMi40/SXOjB-41XvI/AAAAAAAAAHA/yer4FXl1IuE/s320/Belleportrait.jpg

2. Depends on the artist.

3. We have shipped packages.

4. We have found them in World of Disney and the Emporium.

5. Don't know.

DisneyMouse
08-15-2009, 06:18 PM
There is the ornament shop in New Orleans Square that is open, I believe, all year round. It has a good selection. I just checked their website it is called L'Ornement Magique one of my favorite stores! Disney and Christmas, could it get any better? I submit that it cannot :)

Escape2Disney
08-15-2009, 06:49 PM
Wow! That was quick - all questions answered in 3 hours!

Thanks everyone!

Malcon, I love that silhouette! Do you know which cutter we should request? I'm hoping to get one with just him, then one with him, my daughter and me. Can you tell I have a wall dedicated to silhouettes in my house??

I'll check WOD and Emporium for the dog bowls. If they don't have any, I'll order online.

DisneyMouse, I'll look for that store. In all of my trips to the land, I don't think I've been in there. Seems to me I need to explore NOS a bit more this trip. It should be easier since it is off-season.

Malcon10t
08-15-2009, 09:19 PM
The store that sells ornaments on Main St (by photo store) is open.

cstephens
08-15-2009, 10:03 PM
There is the ornament shop in New Orleans Square that is open, I believe, all year round. It has a good selection. I just checked their website it is called L'Ornement Magique one of my favorite stores! Disney and Christmas, could it get any better? I submit that it cannot :)

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that store has actually been closed for a little while. I don't know if it will reopen for the holidays, but it's definitely been closed, including today when we walked by it. However, there are usually lots of other places (Emporium, China Closet, World of Disney) that will have ornaments.

TikiTiki
08-15-2009, 10:57 PM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that store has actually been closed for a little while. I don't know if it will reopen for the holidays, but it's definitely been closed, including today when we walked by it. However, there are usually lots of other places (Emporium, China Closet, World of Disney) that will have ornaments.

Oh that's a bummer. :( We loved going in there and picking up a few things before heading home. Fingers crossed for a Nov/Dec re-open date.

mechurchlady
08-15-2009, 11:55 PM
Ornament shop is still closed as of tonight. It has been dark a long time and used to sell Radko ornaments.

Artistry depends on which type of medium the artist is using, how many people/dogs are in the artwork, and the artist themselves.

Ornaments can be found in the shop across the street from the Emporium that carries Celebration stuff. Not been looking for pet related stuff but my guess would be World of Disney.

Matterhorn Yodeler
08-16-2009, 02:26 PM
I have had a silhouette done of myself along with my puppy in training.

DisneyMouse
08-17-2009, 05:29 PM

Well! That just depresses me! :( I loved the feel of that store, actually all of NOS, but that one was my favorite, I will cross my fingers for the holidays. Didn't they put ornaments in the Court of Angels one year? It has been a while since I was there over Christmas.

cstephens
08-17-2009, 07:02 PM
Didn't they put ornaments in the Court of Angels one year? It has been a while since I was there over Christmas.

They did, but I'll confess I wasn't happy with that. The Court of Angels is just gorgeous with the holiday decorations, and lots of people go there to take pictures. The ornaments displays got in the way so you couldn't really do a big picture, just really on the stairs.

3Princesses1Prince
08-18-2009, 01:01 PM
The store that sells ornaments on Main St (by photo store) is open.

Love that store. Will definitely have to pick up a few next month!!