PDA

View Full Version : miniature dangler keychains and Halloween tree!

Pages : [1] 2

cstephens
08-15-2009, 02:53 PM
The husband and I spent a couple hours at the resort this morning, and we found some cool new merchandise.

Yeah, me, posting about merchandise - whodathunk, right?

Some time ago, they had these little keychain danglers of miniature Mickey heads in different colors. I loved those things - bought a bunch and put them everywhere, and Orkid our cat unfortunately liked chewing on them too.

Well, they have a new batch out with different characters. I'm including a picture of the available styles below. The only one not pictured is the princess one, which looks pretty much exactly like the antenna topper (pink ball, crown on top, "Disney Princess" written on the front). A number of them are basically smaller versions of previously-released antenna toppers. They're $1.95 each. We found a bunch at Greetings in DCA and at the World of Disney, but we only found a handful of them in a tiny little bin at the Emporium.

cstephens
08-15-2009, 02:54 PM
Since I can only have one picture per post, I'm doing a second post for the other merchandise.

They also have some Halloween merchandise out already, including some plush and votives and such. They have a new Halloween tree that has miniature ornaments - incredibly cute. The entire tree is probably about 10 inches in height and costs $25. We saw that at the China Closet on Main Street and didn't see any at the Halloween display at the Emporium. Picture is included below.

Malcon10t
08-15-2009, 03:19 PM
You didnt say hi!

MDM likes the tree. We might have to take one home.

Escape2Disney
08-15-2009, 03:20 PM
Ahhh, I can't wait to shop on Main Street next month! :D Thanks for sharing what you found!

ChurroGirl
08-15-2009, 04:10 PM
Those are all adorable!!

I cant wait to get a few of those trees for my apartment!!

cstephens
08-15-2009, 04:29 PM
You didnt say hi!

MDM likes the tree. We might have to take one home.

Hi! :)

Yeah, I rather like the tree myself. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to get one to sit next to the Great Pumpkin patch that I have out on my desk at work during the Halloween season.

TikiTiki
08-15-2009, 08:55 PM
That tree looks like the Mickey face is lit up. Is it??

ChipmunkStar
08-15-2009, 09:23 PM
...Did the Chipmunks land on any merchandise this year? Or did they get the shaft again>

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
08-15-2009, 09:40 PM
I have 2 of the pink mickey head keychains and think they are so cute. Going to have to get a couple of the character ones when I am there next week.
Thanks for the heads up on them.

cstephens
08-15-2009, 10:01 PM
That tree looks like the Mickey face is lit up. Is it??

Not that I recall. It may have just been the lighting.

TikiTiki
08-15-2009, 10:38 PM
Not that I recall. It may have just been the lighting.

Darn... guess I'll have to buy it anyway. ;)

And of course I'll need to pick up more keychains. They are just too adorable! We grabbed three of them last year from DCA. Might as well keep the tradition up!

TowerofTerror
08-15-2009, 11:12 PM
The miniature keychains are cute. I will get some the next time Im at the park.

olegc
08-16-2009, 06:36 AM
Since I can only have one picture per post, I'm doing a second post for the other merchandise.

They also have some Halloween merchandise out already, including some plush and votives and such. They have a new Halloween tree that has miniature ornaments - incredibly cute. The entire tree is probably about 10 inches in height and costs $25. We saw that at the China Closet on Main Street and didn't see any at the Halloween display at the Emporium. Picture is included below.

nice tree - except i thought they might have made it look more like Bradburry's tree (which I expect to return to Frontierland for Halloween time)..

cstephens
08-16-2009, 02:54 PM
nice tree - except i thought they might have made it look more like Bradburry's tree (which I expect to return to Frontierland for Halloween time)..

I would think there would be licensing issues with theming merchandise to Ray Bradbury's story.

ChipmunkStar
08-16-2009, 04:20 PM
...Stil wondering about that Chipmunk question...

olegc
08-16-2009, 04:39 PM
I would think there would be licensing issues with theming merchandise to Ray Bradbury's story.

yes, but...

a noble fir will always be a Christmas tree - even if you stick different holidays on it..

AVP
08-17-2009, 02:13 PM
I got all of the antenna topper keychains when I saw them last week - too damn cute!

AVP

foolishmortal
08-17-2009, 07:55 PM
YEA mini key chains!!! My last tiny pink one bought the farm today.:crying:

I was ohhh sooo sad , till I saw this thread!!!!

HAPPY KAT again!! Will have to stock up when we go in Nov!!!

Boo's Mommy
08-18-2009, 07:09 PM
Yay! I got 4 (that's all I was able to find) yesterday!
1 donald, 1 goofy, 1 american flag mickey, and hmmm, can't remember the last one.

MaraMouse
08-18-2009, 10:40 PM
I always loved the idea of a Halloween tree ever since I saw black trees that were all decorated in halloween ornaments at the Christmas store in DTD WDW. The trees were about 2 1/2 ft tall. I want one! I already have the Jack Skeleton string lights..

disneylandgirl
08-19-2009, 11:48 AM
Oh I can't wait for Halloween! I'm so ready for the holidays. :p

TikiTiki
08-19-2009, 11:50 AM
Oh I can't wait for Halloween! I'm so ready for the holidays. :p

Ditto!

cstephens
08-23-2009, 01:50 AM
Since I'd already started this thread with merchandise info and pictures, I figured I'd just add to it rather than starting a new one. There were a bunch of new Halloween items we saw tonight, so I'm uploading one item at a time.

The Showcase store on Main Street (in the Town Square area, right hand side corner of Main Street, kind of near the hat shop) has been fully transformed into Halloween central.

cstephens
08-23-2009, 01:52 AM
Here's another picture of a different part of Showcase.

cstephens
08-23-2009, 01:54 AM
This is a new t-shirt with vampire Mickey. A pin with the same picture and saying was released a few weeks ago.