PDA

View Full Version : Sonic

pchoaapb
08-15-2009, 02:28 PM
Can you tell me how far the Sonic is from D-Land? Is it close enough to leave the park for with out losing much time? I looked on a map but it's hard to tell in minutes how long it would take.

quackinup
08-15-2009, 02:56 PM
About 3.75 miles (3.5 miles north on Harbor and .25 miles east on Orangethorpe).

Bytebear
08-15-2009, 03:29 PM
I guess it depends on where you park and how long it takes to get to your car from the park. But the drive itself is very short.

AnotherJenny
08-15-2009, 03:29 PM
The Disney Character Warehouse (closeout store) is across the street from Sonic. You can do both on the same trip.

pchoaapb
08-15-2009, 04:15 PM
I've never heard of the charactere wharehouse. Is it worth the trip? What kind of prices do they have. Thanks for the tip.

Bytebear
08-15-2009, 04:27 PM
I've never heard of the charactere wharehouse. Is it worth the trip? What kind of prices do they have. Thanks for the tip.

yes, go. You will find a lot of fun stuff for pretty cheap. Of course, it may be several years out of date, but who cares! It's totally worth the trip... especially if you are going to hit Sonic anyway. :)

Toocherie
08-15-2009, 04:47 PM
Absolutely go to the character warehouse. It's now a tradition to go to the store and then hit Sonic after!

Jenasweetemotion
08-15-2009, 09:30 PM
I love the Character Warehouse and found allot of my Christmas stuff there. Just wanted to add that I love Sonic and went there and they aren't the same I was so disappointed, the food was over cooked. I would suggest going to In-N-Out ! and order "animal style" for the fries and burger it is so good although the name is a little odd.

pchoaapb
08-16-2009, 03:53 PM
That's so funny cause we have a In n Out about a mile from our house but no Sonic!! I mostly want to go and get one of their drinks. Thanks for the heads up on the food. Maybe we will just go there for a treat. I think we will check out the disney store too. I will let you know when we get back.

AnotherJenny
08-16-2009, 06:51 PM
Yes, definitely go to Sonic for the drinks. They're expecting you.

I find the food hit and miss. But it's like any fast food chain, people have strong preferences for them.

If you're looking for a "cultural experience" (after the Sonic drinks), there's a bahn mi place (http://www.yelp.com/biz/lees-sandwiches-fullerton) on the other end of the shopping center from the Sonic.

But for me, a Cherry Limeade and a quick glance at the discount tchotchkes is a nice little trip. Especially in the middle of a hot day, the store is air conditioned. :)

pchoaapb
08-16-2009, 11:05 PM
Sounds wonderful!:p

dawndarkharp
08-17-2009, 07:38 AM
Are there any busses that run that direction? We're not renting a car, but I would also really love to try a Sonic! I've never been!

Bytebear
08-17-2009, 12:52 PM
As someone who has to drink diet soda, I found that they have a diet limeade, which is really just diet sprite with a squeeze of lime, but it is still a nice change from diet cola.

Toocherie
08-17-2009, 01:58 PM
Bytebear--have you tried the Minute Maid "Light" Limeade that they sell in the supermarket? Not all stores have it--I can find it at Ralphs. It is in the refrigerated section (near the OJ). It is really good--hmmmmm.

mechurchlady
08-17-2009, 03:30 PM
Are there any busses that run that direction? We're not renting a car, but I would also really love to try a Sonic! I've never been!
PM me if you are serious and I will take you over there.

The 460 from in front of DLR will take you to the street just north of the 91, do not get off at the park and ride, skip the first stop and the second is on the corner, and then from there you take another bus east. There are easier ways but that is how i would do it. ART might not go that far. There may be a cross town bus on Harbor then take a bus east.

fairestoneofall
08-17-2009, 03:32 PM
three words.....
DIET. CHERRY. LIMEADE.

AnotherJenny
08-17-2009, 05:17 PM
three words.....
DIET. CHERRY. LIMEADE.

Ditto.

(Though, if the occasional Raspberry Limeade came with a sugar-free option, I wouldn't complain.)