PDA

View Full Version : Question About Birthday Fun Card For Child

olddumbguy
08-15-2009, 12:31 PM
My daughter turns 8 on Tuesday and already has a premium annual pass. Do I need to register her online for her to get the birthday fun card? Or bring her birth certificate to Disneyland on Tuesday to get it? And do I need to stand in line at the ticket window or can I get it at Guest Services?

If I do need to bring a birth certificate, can it be a copy or does it need to be an original?

Thanks in advance for the help!

kfreak
08-15-2009, 12:43 PM
My daughter turns 8 on Tuesday and already has a premium annual pass. Do I need to register her online for her to get the birthday fun card? Or bring her birth certificate to Disneyland on Tuesday to get it? And do I need to stand in line at the ticket window or can I get it at Guest Services?

If I do need to bring a birth certificate, can it be a copy or does it need to be an original?

Thanks in advance for the help!

First you do need to register her online. Make sure you print out the confirmation as the system might not have updated to show the registration. As far as her birth certificate I would highly doubt it. I would assume as long as your name matches as her parent all you would need is your ID and her premium pass. I have seen from other threads on the board that parents have lost AP's of their childrens, and just needed the Adults ID to get a new pass. Call Disney just to confirm all you would need is your ID and her pass. But MAKE SURE YOU PRINT OUT THE CONFIRMATION THAT YOU REGISTERED HER!!!!!!!!!!!!

MammaSilva
08-15-2009, 12:50 PM
um Actually, you do have to have her pass, proof of her birthdate...either a valid ID card, a copy of her birthcertificate or her passport and she has to be with you.

olddumbguy
08-15-2009, 01:08 PM
Great, thanks for the help! Where do I phsyicaly go to get the fun card?

MammaSilva
08-15-2009, 01:12 PM
Great, thanks for the help! Where do I phsyicaly go to get the fun card?

You can wait in the lines at a ticket booth, go to guest services over by the lockers/picnic area or in side City hall in Disneyland or guest services in DCA.

Malcon10t
08-15-2009, 01:50 PM
First you do need to register her online. Make sure you print out the confirmation as the system might not have updated to show the registration. As far as her birth certificate I would highly doubt it. I would assume as long as your name matches as her parent all you would need is your ID and her premium pass. I have seen from other threads on the board that parents have lost AP's of their childrens, and just needed the Adults ID to get a new pass. Call Disney just to confirm all you would need is your ID and her pass. But MAKE SURE YOU PRINT OUT THE CONFIRMATION THAT YOU REGISTERED HER!!!!!!!!!!!!
Actually, all of this is incorrect. You do not need to register. (Done this several times now, both ways, and it really doesn't change times either way.)

Yes, you need her birth certificate. You need the certified copy. (All originals are held by the county, you never get an original, you get certified copies.) The parent doesn't need to be there (and remember, not all parents have the same last name as their child.)

Lost APs are totally different from this promotion. You are correct that a child doesn't need ID to replace an AP. I've replaced an AP for a child that wasn't mine. No ID was needed (since the child matched the pic.)

kfreak
08-15-2009, 01:59 PM
Actually, all of this is incorrect. You do not need to register. (Done this several times now, both ways, and it really doesn't change times either way.)

Yes, you need her birth certificate. You need the certified copy. (All originals are held by the county, you never get an original, you get certified copies.) The parent doesn't need to be there (and remember, not all parents have the same last name as their child.)

Lost APs are totally different from this promotion. You are correct that a child doesn't need ID to replace an AP. I've replaced an AP for a child that wasn't mine. No ID was needed (since the child matched the pic.)

Ok so I stand corrected. I am going by what the site says, and what I was told when I did my BDAY. As for the birth certificate I was basing it on the lost AP deal. Thank you for the knowledge though.

kfreak
08-15-2009, 02:18 PM
Here is the Official Disney word on the situation

Register Your Children

1. You must be 18 years of age or older to sign up any of your children for their free admission ticket for their birthday. Log in to your adult Disney account or create a new account .
2. Proceed to the Free Admission on Your Birthday form and sign yourself up.
3. You can then add your children to your account. However, you must register yourself first and log in with your adult account.

Guests Registering Less than 2 Weeks Before Their Birthday

Please sign up online following the above instructions. If you do not receive a confirmation email before your birthday, you are still eligible to redeem your free admission to a Theme Park on your birthday. Please bring proper valid ID to the DisneylandŽ Resort Main Entrance ticket booths and inform the Cast Member that you registered online.

Annual Passholders or Multi-Day Ticket Holders

If you have purchased a valid Annual Passport or a Multi-Day ticket that you will use on your birthday,
follow the steps above to sign up, then bring your confirmation message and proper valid ID to the DisneylandŽ Resort Main Entrance ticket booths and you can choose from one of our other exciting birthday gifts.

Malcon10t
08-15-2009, 03:15 PM
Ok so I stand corrected. I am going by what the site says, and what I was told when I did my BDAY. As for the birth certificate I was basing it on the lost AP deal. Thank you for the knowledge though.Here is the web page for ID:

Q: What kind of identification do I need to show at the ticket booth?

A: Proper valid identification would be a Driver's License including a photo, Government-issued Photo ID, or a Government-issued Passport. If you are under age 18 and don't have any of the above mentioned ID, an original or a certified copy of a Birth Certificate is required. School IDs or children security IDs are not deemed government-issued photo IDs and will not be accepted.

kfreak
08-15-2009, 03:51 PM
Here is the web page for ID:

Q: What kind of identification do I need to show at the ticket booth?

A: Proper valid identification would be a Driver's License including a photo, Government-issued Photo ID, or a Government-issued Passport. If you are under age 18 and don't have any of the above mentioned ID, an original or a certified copy of a Birth Certificate is required. School IDs or children security IDs are not deemed government-issued photo IDs and will not be accepted.

Yeah. I understand what you are saying. By the way I am not trying to be mean or disrespectful at all to you.

potterphreak
08-15-2009, 09:45 PM
We have redeemed the Child's FunCard twice now. Registered for both, not because we HAD to, just figured it would cut down on waiting time. One was for my DD when she turned 6 in May, one was for DD9's friends birthday, August 5th. We had to show the child's certified birth certificate both times as well as the child's ticket (one was an annual pass, one was a paper ticket purchased online). Both times it was super fast, super easy and they never once asked if they were our child or to see our tickets or our ID. Hope that helps!