PDA

View Full Version : NFFC "Strictly Disneyana" Show and Sale

Not Afraid
01-15-2003, 11:52 AM
Hey, Is anyone going to the NFFC "Strictly Disneyana" Show and Sale is this Sunday?

I've attended this event for the past several years and ALWAYS find something great! I will be working that day, so there'll be no buying competition from me (Waaaahhhhhh) :-)

If you do go, please stop by and say Hi. I know this is a great place for Disney Geeks to congregate. :-)

Here's the info scoop:

"Strictly Disneyana" Show and Sale
Noon to 5 PM
Sunday, January 19th
Crowne Plaza Resort Hotel
(Near the corner of Harbor and Chapman)
Garden Grove, CA

Moderator's Note: Post edited to remove commerical content-Adrienne K

RStar
01-15-2003, 12:12 PM
Yeah, I got the card, but I'm broke. If I go, I'll spend money I don't have, then I won't be able to pay rent, then become homeless, have no where to store all my Disney stuff.

And then I'll have to blame YOU!

J/K;)

Not Afraid
01-15-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by RStar
And then I'll have to blame YOU!

J/K;)

Whew! Good thing I just got my Tefflon Coating re-applied.:p

mousey_girl
01-15-2003, 02:04 PM
Is this strictly for NFFC members or can anyone go??

The Hubby is wanting to drag me to the old rusted car show and swap meet in Pomona that day, this may be my bargaining chip...

He even said we could go to DL Sat and then Pomona Sunday...stay pver night at DLR, I told him if I wanted to see rust I would look at the pile he has in the back yard :eek: .

(he has a 1927 model t thing in pieces and enough other peices for 1 or 2 more)

Christiii
01-15-2003, 02:22 PM
Boy I wish I could..but I live in Northern California :-( Thanks Goodness for ebay..I find the neatest vintage Disney items there at great prices!! Tho I did just let a 1939 Ingersoll Mickey Mouse watch slip through my hands..it ended it going for $315, but CA residents had to pay sales tax..i hate that...it was a beautiful working watch tho!!!

Tony
01-15-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by mousey_girl
Is this strictly for NFFC members or can anyone go??

From 9-10, NFFC members attending the 2003 kickoff show can enter.

From 10 - 12, Any NFFC Member can enter

From 12 - 5, it is open to the General public.

There is a charge to get in - $5 for members, $6 for the general public.

Tony

JLKirscher
01-15-2003, 02:34 PM
Boy I wish I could..but I live in Northern California :-( Thanks Goodness for ebay..

I hear ya Christiii. I am even further North than you are.

Will eveyone else buy really good things for me??:p

RStar
01-15-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by JLKirscher
Will eveyone else buy really good things for me??:p

Sure, and I'll only add a 10% handling charge to the shipping costs when I send you the bill:eek: ;) ..............

JLKirscher
01-15-2003, 03:20 PM
Sure, and I'll only add a 10% handling charge to the shipping costs when I send you the bill

Thanks for the offer, but I don't think so :D

innerSpaceman
01-15-2003, 03:26 PM
I used to go the NFCC sale for years on end. But after a while, it was always the same old stuff. I haven't been for, like, 3 years now.

Will there be anything different to see (buy?) after a pause of that length? After all, you can't continue to manufacture old vintage Disney stuff.

stan4d_steph
01-15-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by innerSpaceman
I used to go the NFCC sale for years on end. But after a while, it was always the same old stuff. I haven't been for, like, 3 years now.

Will there be anything different to see (buy?) after a pause of that length? After all, you can't continue to manufacture old vintage Disney stuff.

Well, I went last year and got a cool Feature Animation crew sweatshirt for Lilo and Stitch that I really love. Sadly, there may be more than a few former employees selling their stuff like the one I bought the sweatshirt from, so you may be able to find some interesting CM exclusive merch.

RStar
01-15-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by JLKirscher
Thanks for the offer, but I don't think so :D

No problem.;)

mousey_girl
01-15-2003, 05:57 PM
Thank you for the info. I won't be attending. 12 is a bit late, it leaves too much time to kill at the car/junk show. I will stay home this weekend. No DLR, no junk/car show.