PDA

View Full Version : Alice in Wonderland tracks...

Christiii
01-15-2003, 07:44 AM
If just been reading all the Indy threads, and you peole really know these rides!! So, Ill bet know know the answer to this...Ive always been curious when I ride Alice about these tracks and door that seem to go nowhere..its when you are upstairs and right before or after (Im not sure) the cards that are painting the roses...there are tracks and a door that never opens, leading somewhere else...what the heck is it?? I thought maybe storage for the vehiles, but that is downstairs, isnt it??
Anyone know what Im talking about??

zapppop
01-15-2003, 08:55 AM
that's where they store the vehicles

DisneyGuy03
01-15-2003, 09:58 AM
That is indeed where they store the vehicles, it is not downstairs.

Tref
01-15-2003, 10:59 AM
I will never understand why they removed the upside-down room on the Alice ride. That was always my favourite section of the ride.
i.r.

RStar
01-15-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Tref
I will never understand why they removed the upside-down room on the Alice ride. That was always my favourite section of the ride.
i.r.

They did??!!

I've got to get on some of these dark rides that I havn't been on for a long time!

Cadaverous Pallor
01-15-2003, 04:36 PM
Uh oh.....I've never seen an upside down room, nor heard of one...can an oldster clue me in? ;) :D

Christiii, just a tip - lots of rides have the "phantom track", and they always lead to storage rooms. As a Jungle Cruise skipper once said while pointing to an obvious path to a boat storage area, "We call that Never Never Land, because we never never go there." :)

Ace
01-15-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor
"We call that Never Never Land, because we never never go there." :)

They say that on storybook canal boats too.

tod
01-15-2003, 05:42 PM
Uh oh.....I've never seen an upside down room, nor heard of one...can an oldster clue me in? ;) :D

The first room inside the Alice In Wonderland attraction was the Upside-Down Room, with tables and chairs on the ceiling and a lamp "hanging" from the floor. The most impressive part of the room was a BIG concave mirror right in front of you as the door opened. You saw yourself upside-down in it first thing.

It disappeared when they rehabbed Alice in the second phase of the Great Big Fantasyland Rehab in the early '80s. First they rehabbed Fantasyland proper, then they rehabbed Alice and moved the Mad Tea Party and Mad Hatter shop over there to have a little Alice In Wonderland themed area.

--T
old enough to remember before they built the Matterhorn

Lashbear
01-15-2003, 06:14 PM

I went to a site once that had comparisons of the old track layout and the new refurb track when they added the un-birthday room, etc, and got rid of the upside-down room.... but now I can't find it !!

Does anyone out there have better Google skills than I ???:confused: