PDA

View Full Version : Muppets On Main Street USA!

AlbertaMinnie
08-11-2009, 01:55 PM
So we were sitting enjoying a wonderful breakfast by Oscar at the Carnation Cafe this morning when a Disneyland Firetruck came down the street filled to the brim with ALL the Muppets!! Kermit, Miss Piggy, Animal...EVERYONE! A film crew was following and of course the drew a lot of attention. They filmed them coming down Main Street a few times - it was very interesting to watch. Those poor puppeteers crammed inside the firetruck in the hot morning sunshine!

Sooo, does anyone know if this is for a new Muppet Movie on the big screen or will it be something new for MuppetVision 3-D?

Andrew
08-11-2009, 01:58 PM
Please feel free to send any pictures or video you might have of this to parkupdates@mouseplanet.com - thanks!

BunnyCups
08-11-2009, 02:04 PM
Wow!!! That is so unexpected. I LOVE the muppets! What could this mean?!

dznyphreak
08-11-2009, 02:07 PM
According to Mr. Lutz, they're filming commercials for next year's marketing promotion all this week. And apparently the Muppets play a large role.

BunnyCups
08-11-2009, 02:12 PM
According to Mr. Lutz, they're filming commercials for next year's marketing promotion all this week. And apparently the Muppets play a large role.

YAY!!! Finally the Muppets will be less ignored!!! :D

AlbertaMinnie
08-11-2009, 02:29 PM
I am sending in what I have from my camera. They drew a huge crowd so it was hard to get any really clear shots....and my Mickey Waffle had just been delivered to my table so I wasn't going to leave it unguarded! haha

Hopefully you guys at MousePlanet can use your magic and find some good shots to post for everyone to view!

AlbertaMinnie
08-11-2009, 02:32 PM

That makes sense. We have noticed random filming all over the park the last week and a half. There are all kinds of lights and equpment all set up behind Princess Fantasy Faire (we could see it when we rode the train around back there)

ryanvalle
08-11-2009, 03:08 PM
I will be at the parks next week. Any idea of they'll still be filming by then?

MrsGrumpy
08-11-2009, 03:13 PM
I wonder what next year's promotion will be. :)

BunnyCups
08-11-2009, 03:17 PM
I wonder what next year's promotion will be. :)

55th Anniversary! It's got to be. ^.^

dznyphreak
08-11-2009, 03:35 PM
Actually, I've read that they're focusing more on DCA's "World of Color" than Disneyland's 55th. I mean...there's a lot more exciting stuff going on at DCA than at DL right now. Disneyland hasn't seen a new attraction since Nemo, and that was over two years ago.

trypticon
08-11-2009, 03:56 PM
Actually, I've read that they're focusing more on DCA's "World of Color" than Disneyland's 55th. I mean...there's a lot more exciting stuff going on at DCA than at DL right now. Disneyland hasn't seen a new attraction since Nemo, and that was over two years ago.

Yeah, but that Nemo attraction is solid, and a lot more than I expected going onto it my first time. Heck, the three hour-plus long line was probably worth it, except that I only had to wait an hour at the front of the handicapped line because of my autistic son.

dznyphreak
08-11-2009, 04:13 PM
I'm not saying Nemo's a bad ride...I just used it as an example that there's nothing really new going on at Disneyland...and nothing in the works that's due out next year, unlike WoC at DCA.

See, before the 50th, Space Mountain was down for a long refurb, Buzz was being built, the castle was under wraps...we knew there were big things in store for 2005. We have absolutely zero indication that anything big is happening at Disneyland next year. No big attractions being redone (with the small possibility of some minor enhancements to HM...still rumor at this point), no new attractions being built, nothing coming back from Yesterland. And it seems that we won't even have a new fireworks show. We might get a new parade, but that's really the only thing I've heard about for next year's 55th. I guess I'm just not getting my hopes up.

I'd be willing to bet, though, that we'll hear something about next year's plans at the D23 Expo. Wouldn't surprise me.

punkyv
08-12-2009, 06:03 AM
They were also riding the Dumbo attraction (Sam the Eagle, Gonzo, the penguins...) with some park visitors. It was so cute! Wish my kids were picked to do the ride w/ them!

trypticon
08-12-2009, 08:32 AM
They were also riding the Dumbo attraction (Sam the Eagle, Gonzo, the penguins...) with some park visitors. It was so cute! Wish my kids were picked to do the ride w/ them!

That would have been one fantastic memory to look back on.

olegc
08-12-2009, 08:42 AM
it sounds like the Muppets will be the new "spokespersons" for the parks in commercials, etc. Brings to mind one website that did an April 1st joke on having Disneyland entirely rebranded with Muppets. Deja vu all over again.

Seriously - I guess this is the best they can do so far with using the muppets now that they own them (I was going to buy one at FAO in NYC but 150 was a little steep). I hope this is not the end - and maybe this was not even thought up by Jay's wife... :eyeroll:

Drince88
08-12-2009, 08:56 AM
Whatever happened with the cell phone based quest where you had to help the Muppets do something? It was a while back - maybe a year or so? Maybe that's going to be rolled out and so they have to shoot the commercials for it?

dznyphreak
08-12-2009, 09:28 AM
You mean similar to the Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure thing in EPCOT?

KarenW2
08-12-2009, 10:13 AM
No, it's a similar idea to Kim Possible, but it was based on the Muppets. We volunteered to be beta testers and were chosen, several months ago! We had a blast, going all over DCA, texting in answers, etc. We can't wait to see the real thing when it comes to DLR!!

We saved the Muppets, the world and got a great map of DCA, with all of the Blue Sky things on it, as well as a very special letter, thanking us for our participation in making the world safe again, for humans and Muppets!!

But we get to experience the original Kim Possible one, when we go to WDW in December! I can't wait, since I understand some of the things you get to do affect things in parts of the World Showcase!!

Bytebear
08-12-2009, 10:23 AM
Well, according to IMDB, there is an "Untitled Muppet Project" slated for release in 2012. Maybe Disney is starting to get the Muppets back in the public eye in preparation for a new movie. It could also be that since they are going to focus on DCA next year with the World of Color, which I think is probably the biggest single attraction to hit the Disneyland Resort since Indiana Jones, they are trying to get people back into the MuppetVision 3-D theater.

Disneyland can survive on its own without anything dramatically new for several years, but DCA has been long overdue for an overhaul, and as long as new attractions are being opened there, you will not see a lot of change in Disneyland. Sure, they will do minor facelifts, like the Haunted Space Mountain overlay, but you will not see the new People Mover or an overhaul of Tomorrowland for a long time. Instead, you will get World of Color, the new Ariel attraction, Carsland, and that should be plenty to keep visitors happy for years to come.

candles71
08-12-2009, 11:27 AM
Whatever happened with the cell phone based quest where you had to help the Muppets do something? It was a while back - maybe a year or so? Maybe that's going to be rolled out and so they have to shoot the commercials for it?
It was late November into December. You had to be able to finish the park part by like the 15th of Dec. We did it on the 10th I think. Lots of fun.

You mean similar to the Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure thing in EPCOT?

I don't know how the one at WDW works. We had an online portion (puzzles)done at home. When that was completed, we got an e-mail with the park "scavenger hunt" (all over DCA) that gave the address of where they could be found to save them. As you found the answer to each question you used your cell phone (personal, not provided) to text the answer. when all texts/questions were solved and received, we received a congrats text with instructions to take the text to the cm at Blue Sky and we would get a "surprise". And as Karen said, we got a letter and a artists rendering (on 8x10 ish card stock) of what the new DCA is supposed to look like. It was very cool and lots of fun. And the only time DH and I have been in Blue Sky, which was quite interesting.
Now as to what they were doing on Main St--- I can't wait to find out :) I love the Muppets:geek::D