PDA

View Full Version : Peet's Coffee In Downtown Disney !

Pages : [1] 2

kitkat1
08-11-2009, 10:28 AM
I just found out that Hagen Daz in Downtown Disney is serving Peet's Coffee, yeayyy! Maybe many of you knew, but I'm celebrating great coffee within reach of the gates!

I called them just now to find out how early they open, and their reply was "well, we've recently decided to try opening at 8 a.m., and so that's when we're opening right now, to see if we can sell more coffee, but I don't think a lot of people know about us, and we're not seeing a lot of traffic, so I don't know...." ..... I guess they can't do much promotion in front of the store....so I thought I'd post here because on my next trip I'd so love a great cup of coffee (or tea!) in the mornings! Go people, go and make a line and help spread the word, there's great coffee for Disneyland travelers!

codewoman
08-11-2009, 10:34 AM
(Dancing around the room singing) I love, love, love Peet's coffee!!

bennette
08-11-2009, 10:34 AM
Oh thank you, powers that be. I can buy a cup of tea at last!!

Rockchalker
08-11-2009, 11:00 AM
I have heard how wonderful Peet's Coffee is, but never had it. They have two in Denver that I know of (neither close to my house or office), but will soon be opening one outside of my Macy's and next to this new glorious Whole Foods.

Does the Hagen Daz store serve lattes?

kitkat1
08-11-2009, 11:10 AM
Yes, I asked if they serve lattes and cappuccino's etc and they said yes :) !! I guess that must mean they have a barista there, and I do know that Peet's requires extensive training before an account can pour their brand. If someone is there, perhaps they can report for us! I'm not going for about a month....just want it to still be there!

Peet's is like a great microbrew or a fine wine, art in the coffee cup! You'll love it Rockchalker!

kkmickey
08-11-2009, 04:31 PM
this has just made my day! If anyone can tell me what time they are opening in the next couple of weeks, I would be grateful! It is SO hard for us Northwesterners to find a good cup of coffee in DLR :crying:

Rufus T Firefly
08-11-2009, 04:45 PM
Starbucks is served at the La Brea Bakery.

quackinup
08-11-2009, 05:35 PM
Hmmm, do you think they will accept my Peets gift card?

sierranevada
08-11-2009, 05:38 PM
That is great news for this Peetnik!! I have it delivered to my house every two weeks. It has been my coffee of choice since I went to college in Berkeley (which was a long time ago!).

Rockchalker
08-11-2009, 08:42 PM
Yes, I asked if they serve lattes and cappuccino's etc and they said yes :) !! I guess that must mean they have a barista there, and I do know that Peet's requires extensive training before an account can pour their brand. If someone is there, perhaps they can report for us! I'm not going for about a month....just want it to still be there!

Peet's is like a great microbrew or a fine wine, art in the coffee cup! You'll love it Rockchalker!

I had dinner at Whole Food tonight and glanced over to see that Peet's is open! Guess I will have to call the boss tomorrow to report that I will be a little late!

MadasaHatter
08-11-2009, 08:45 PM
I JUST got back from Disneyland today and wish I would have known that. Love PEETS. Don't care for STARBUCKS and Disneyland coffee is well....um.....hot brown water......there I said. ....of course....I am mad....

quackinup
08-11-2009, 09:28 PM
I had dinner at Whole Food tonight and glanced over to see that Peet's is open! Guess I will have to call the boss tomorrow to report that I will be a little late!

Ooohhh, Whole Foods....gotta get over to the one nearest me and pick up some Boulder Sweet Cream Ice Cream!!!! Got hooked on it last time I was in Denver!

kitkat1
08-12-2009, 04:34 AM
Hmmm, do you think they will accept my Peets gift card?

No gift card acceptance, since they are a separate biz and not tied into the network of Peet's corporate, I've checked this before. But good coffee in the morning is worth the couple bucks ;)

KKMickey, they said 8 a.m. for now, but that's partly why I posted, so that it won't change to later because they'll have enough biz to stay open earlier....and perhaps even earlier would be good for some! If there's a line at 8 a.m. asking could they open at 7:30.....

adriennek
08-12-2009, 07:02 AM
It is SO hard for us Northwesterners to find a good cup of coffee in DLR :crying:

Because the locals will just drink whatever they'll sell us?

Adrienne

mom2girls
08-12-2009, 07:33 AM
Starbucks is served at the La Brea Bakery.

When you say Starbucks do you mean they have the actual menu of latte's ect or just the plain coffee. I am a Starbucks fan but I only specialty latte's.

olegc
08-12-2009, 08:38 AM

Adrienne

and for me - if there are free refills that's what i'm buying. I got over the coffee brand requirement a long time ago. But, for some, it still exists...

Rockchalker
08-12-2009, 08:43 AM
Ooohhh, Whole Foods....gotta get over to the one nearest me and pick up some Boulder Sweet Cream Ice Cream!!!! Got hooked on it last time I was in Denver!

Too weird. Never heard of nor had (obviously) Boulder Ice Cream until last night at the coffee shop my book club meets. It was excellent.

skaterbell
08-12-2009, 08:55 AM

Adrienne

Because in Seattle there is a Starbucks at practically every corner!! :) We Northwesterners are extermely spoiled with our coffee options.

Their coffee has a very distinct taste. I think it may be like people preferring Pepsi vs Coke, people prefer Starbucks over another brand of coffee.

It is also one of the reasons I like that we rent a car while we are there, we know where the Starbucks are close to the resort and if we feel like it is a "starbucks kind of morning" we make a trip out before heading into the parks for the day!

MadasaHatter
08-12-2009, 08:56 AM
and for me - if there are free refills that's what i'm buying. I got over the coffee brand requirement a long time ago. But, for some, it still exists...

I don't care about the brand....I just know what I like/don't like. I know I like Peet's. I don't care for Starbucks and I don't care for the Disneyland Coffee. Whatever Catal brews is delicious, the Sheraton had good coffee in the coffee shop (not the in room Starbucks...) Disneyland coffee must be popular and that is why they have it. I am picky. I am also mad.

adriennek
08-12-2009, 09:16 AM
Because in Seattle there is a Starbucks at practically every corner!! :) We Northwesterners are extermely spoiled with our coffee options.

Ok, but...

1- we have Starbucks on every corner, too. So I get that We have shopping centers with 3 Starbucks from one end to the other and two across the street. I WISH we didn't have so many in our town because...

2- Peets is entirely better than Starbucks. And so is Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. So to suggest that we don't have "good" coffee or "know" good coffee is a little put-offish.

That's all.

Adrienne

CariBelle
08-12-2009, 09:30 AM
It's been a few years since I wrote this report, but I did a paper on Starbucks and there were something like 250 Starbucks retailers in a 20 mile radius of the Sunset Strip. SoCal knows what's up.

And I agree that Coffee Bean is a million times better, at least their tea is.

leota's necklace
08-12-2009, 09:46 AM
2- Peets is entirely better than Starbucks. And so is Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. So to suggest that we don't have "good" coffee or "know" good coffee is a little put-offish.

The fact that most of the coffee-elitist PNW'ers I know refuse to drink Starbucks, too, made that set of comments a little odd.

What's the situation with independent roasters down in SoCal? Up here there are several that people get militant about (as well as in my old home in Tucson) and I was wondering if that is an option in SoCal, or if chains rule the coffee roost.

stan4d_steph
08-12-2009, 09:47 AM

That's all.That's a matter of opinion. And I don't have an issue with saying someone from the NW might have a better coffee palette than someone from another part of the country. It's like saying someone growing up in a wine region of CA (or NY or France) might have a better taste for quality wines than an average person from somewhere else.

MadasaHatter
08-12-2009, 09:49 AM
this has just made my day! If anyone can tell me what time they are opening in the next couple of weeks, I would be grateful! It is SO hard for us Northwesterners to find a good cup of coffee in DLR :crying:

Poor kkmickey getting attacked from all directions.

Starbucks is in DTD and maybe you didn't know that and now you have the Peet's option at Hagen Dazs. As an out of towner maybe you spend almost all of your times in the parks. Disneyland/DCA to the best of my knowledge only serves their own brand.

I am not much of a Cappucino/espresso person so maybe someone on here can chime in on how good these are in the parks. Where I come from we have about 20 different coffees within 10 blocks of my apartment so I know what you mean about choices (and YES Starbucks rules the area here too!)

I re-read your post and didn't think you implied any offense at all...I thought you were just very happy to know that you now have options! Of course what do I know....I am mad!

stan4d_steph
08-12-2009, 09:59 AM
It is good to know that they serve Peet's at Haagen Dazs, however if it's like "proudly serving Starbucks coffee" that you often see in the US, the quality can vary. It just means that the beans are from that company, not that they necessarily have people who know how to make a proper cup of coffee, or a latte.

All of the above are preferable to the gross Nescafe served most everywhere in the parks!