PDA

View Full Version : CMs: 2003 stickers?

Pages : [1] 2

tabacco
01-14-2003, 07:38 PM
Hey, for any other CMs out there...

I thought I read int he line that they were going to mail out 2003 stickers, but since I haven't gotten anything yet, I figured I'd double-check whether that was true. Have you had to go to a team center to get one, or did they mail them out?

rexfarms
01-14-2003, 09:03 PM
I am not a CM but do you mean parking sticker?:confused:

driftwood714
01-14-2003, 09:22 PM
They should arrive by mail in late January/early February.

tabacco
01-14-2003, 09:47 PM
Awesome, thanks driftwood. Hey, what department do you work in, anyway? I've been wondering for awhile :)

rexfarms: Nah, we get a new sticker for our IDs every year to show that we're still current CMs. We don't use the old parking stickers anymore (although I still keep mine on my windshield as a kind of status symbol ;)), they have hang tags now. I think we do get a sticker to validate the hang tags for '03, though.

bluepearl
01-14-2003, 10:06 PM
That's about the same time the main gate passes are mailed out, right? I've seen the 2003 stickers...I think the gold looks better than last year's green (though I'm partial to blue). I'm just curious if we're gonna get new hang tags or just something to put on the ones we have already, because I thought I read that they'd be new tags.

tabacco
01-14-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by bluepearl
That's about the same time the main gate passes are mailed out, right? I've seen the 2003 stickers...I think the gold looks better than last year's green (though I'm partial to blue). I'm just curious if we're gonna get new hang tags or just something to put on the ones we have already, because I thought I read that they'd be new tags.

Oh, well, I wouldn't know about those fancy main gate passes :D

As for the hang tags, though, the Line mentioned a "validation sticker," which I think goes on one of those little boxes at the bottom of the tag, if you know what I mean.

I'd check for sure, but I lost the issue and they haven't published any issues of the Line Online since 12/13 for some reason. *sigh*

bluepearl
01-14-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by tabacco
As for the hang tags, though, the Line mentioned a "validation sticker," which I think goes on one of those little boxes at the bottom of the tag, if you know what I mean.

A-ha!! So that's what those boxes are for. For some reason, I thought they should've put plate numbers there to validate the car we put on the application. :shrug: "The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma." :p

rexfarms
01-15-2003, 08:57 PM
I see I got ya now.:)

Grandbreaker
01-16-2003, 03:31 PM
I work in a department most CM's dislike no NOT COSTUMES but another we play the good guy role and the bad guy role. Stickers should be out next week maybe.

tabacco
01-16-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Grandbreaker
I work in a department most CM's dislike

Guest Relations? :D

driftwood714
01-16-2003, 10:39 PM
Security perhaps?

tabacco; thanks for the interest. where I work is a secret. Shhhh!

You SHOULD be receiving your 2003 Main Gate Pass, 2003 ID Sticker and 2003 Parking Sticker (to put over the 2002 sticker on your hang tag) soon. We'll see. You can check the Cast Portal under the Disney Difference tab, I believe, to get the basic info.

Laffite
01-16-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by tabacco
Guest Relations? :D

funny, at the other park, where I used to work, guest relations is one of the most desired position (after security). They're one of the higher paid people and their job looks easy

Preston

tabacco
01-17-2003, 12:24 AM
I only say that kind of thing to annoy my friends in Guest Relations most of the time :). I actually wouldn't mind working there at all.

Driftwood, I was actually just sort of curious as to whether you were in my department or not, in case I know you :)

GoldenEars
01-17-2003, 09:42 AM
So tell me, are the 2003 gold stickers for your ID being mailed to each cast member or are we to pick them up from security or the team center?

Thanks~
Patrick:)

bluepearl
01-17-2003, 10:52 AM
Patrick: Hi!! I hear you come by every so often and I never see you. Ask for me next time. :) Anyhow, we'll be receiving them in the mail. TDA CMs were to pick theirs up, but everyone else gets theirs mailed.

DrumCorpsChick
01-19-2003, 08:24 PM
Yeah, this is off topic, but the thread is addressed to cast members, so i figured i'd ask it here instead of starting a new thread...
What's the price for our discounted admission tickets?
A friend of my grandma's is coming to town from hawaii so my grandma wants to take her to DL...i'm just curious if it'll be cheaper to get the tickets with the cast member discount or through somewhere else...thanks guys...

tabacco
01-19-2003, 09:25 PM
Well, it was $39.50 before the price increase, so it's probably something relatively comparable now. I'd guess our tickets are $41.00-$42.00 now, although I can't guarantee that.

DrumCorpsChick
01-19-2003, 09:28 PM
Thanks! It's kinda funny...my mom can get cheaper tickets through her teacher's union.... :rolleyes:

Polar33
01-19-2003, 09:33 PM
I think someone in Cast Communications is reading this thread, I just read in the reference guide that 2003 parking hang tag and ID validation stickers will be mailed to cast member's homes Feb. 3-7.

Additionally, there is a reminder in the latest Line that the 2003 main entrance passes have not yet arrived and that you may still use the 2002 pass until the new passes are received. However it does not say what CMs with no sign-ins left on their 2002 pass are to do, nor does it mention when we can expect the 2003 passes to show up.

DrumCorpsChick- I was in the Team Center the other day and noticed saw that the new CM ticket price is $41.25. If your Grandmother's friend is planning on visiting for two days the current SoCal promotion might be a better offer. Also keep in mind that the CM tickets are not hoppers. The SoCal promo tickets have been said that they are not park hoppers either, but none of the info I have read directly from Disneyland has stated that you can't use both days to get into both parks.

driftwood714
01-19-2003, 11:08 PM
I think someone in Cast Communications is reading this thread.

All kinds of CMs read these and other boards. You'd be surprised.

DrumCorpsChick- I was in the Team Center the other day and noticed saw that the new CM ticket price is $41.25. If your Grandmother's friend is planning on visiting for two days the current SoCal promotion might be a better offer. Also keep in mind that the CM tickets are not hoppers. The SoCal promo tickets have been said that they are not park hoppers either, but none of the info I have read directly from Disneyland has stated that you can't use both days to get into both parks.

The current resident promo is intended for one day at each Park until May 14th. You can visit both Parks in the same day (using up both entries). Although, technically it's not a Park Hopper. If you were to use this ticket at DCA and go to DL, you could stand a chance of not being able to be let back into DCA should you try to hop back. However, it's all the the discretion of the ticket takers. This is from a lead I spoke with a few weeks back about. If you did try to do this, I'd make sure you had a handstamp from EACH park.

stitcher
01-20-2003, 12:02 PM
Thanks! It's kinda funny...my mom can get cheaper tickets through her teacher's union....

Alas, my mother can also get tickets for cheaper. You're right its really stupid how the regular guest can just go to their employee discount and get tickets cheaper than Disney CM's. I could go on....

driftwood714
01-20-2003, 09:42 PM
It's ok, really. We can sign in 3 people up to 16 times a year with our Blue Pass, in addition to the 4 comp tickets we get per year (that don't need us to be present to be used). Discounts galore dependong on your length of stay at the Company and other opportunities.

DrumCorpsChick
01-20-2003, 11:04 PM
But for those of us that can't be CR because of school...well, yeah...i can't sign anyone in...and i get 2 comp tickets...:(

IndyBones
01-20-2003, 11:45 PM
But for those of us that can't be CR because of school...well, yeah...i can't sign anyone in...and i get 2 comp tickets...

That is true, CTs get table scraps when it comes to benefits. And, IMHO, the table scraps they do get are still quite generous considering the commitment and availability required for the higher statuses. And the lack thereof for CTs.

Back on topic, I'm disappointed in the tardiness of the hang tags, id stickers and sign in passes. This is to verify the validity of a cast member id card, or verify permission to enter a cm parking lot. Security!

And a question: Does anyone know if CTs can enter the park as guests using their ids during the off-season? Are the discounts still valid? I personally feel that CTs should only have cast member benefits during the peak season, when they are actually cast members. I think there should be a greater pride in being a cr, because it does require consistancy and responsibility.

(Originally, I had a couple paragraphs of rants from my scheduling experiences. I decided to spare you kind souls from my anti-ct propaganda.)

Polar33
01-21-2003, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by IndyBones
And a question: Does anyone know if CTs can enter the park as guests using their ids during the off-season? Are the discounts still valid? I personally feel that CTs should only have cast member benefits during the peak season, when they are actually cast members. I think there should be a greater pride in being a cr, because it does require consistancy and responsibility.

(Originally, I had a couple paragraphs of rants from my scheduling experiences. I decided to spare you kind souls from my anti-ct propaganda.)

Prehaps it is different in other areas in the park, but I have nothing but respect for the CTs in my department. Many of them are out in other states getting an education, and spend their "vacations" working insane hours at Disneyland for barely over minimum wage. I can't figure out why they come back when they could easily find better work closer to them, but I am glad that they do.

As far as I know, CTs can get themselves into the park in the off season now. I believe it was changed a year or two ago. Considering that admission for themselves and a 20% discount is just about the only benifit that CTs receive, I certainly don't think that they deserve any less. It barely makes up for the poor pay rate, no holiday pay, terrable hours, and no seniority. I know of CTs that have been working for DL for more than 5 years and they can't even get a year pin to show for it.