PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones Adventure Refurbishment! (Finally)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Disneyfreak
01-14-2003, 04:01 PM
This poor ride has been seriously worked into the ground. This ride in my opinion has given the best effort with the least amount of problems without refurbishment. I just noticed recently that the light generator outside has broken. The light and sound effect still works but the machine has stopped. There just went our last working effect in the line. Im surprised the radio still works. Have you guys also noticed how the bamboo and the stone statues have been vandalized. The bamboo has grafiti on them and the statues have gum all over them! Just to remind you that this ride has never had a refurbishment in the history of the ride! About 8 years to be exact. Even a one month refurb would help.

List what you guys think should be fixed on the ride itself and the lines?

Darkbeer
01-14-2003, 04:31 PM
I think they need to seriously rework the queue, as many parts of it are no no longer used, due to the addition of FastPass.

I think they should design new lines to allow most of the original queue to be used for the stand-by folks. They need to rework the exit queue to better handle both SAP's and Single Riders so they don't have to fight traffic, especially the area nearest the Jungle Cruise.

Gemini Cricket
01-14-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Disneyfreak
List what you guys think should be fixed on the ride itself and the lines?
They need to add more mummies. At least more that are articulate and not just passively falling forward on a stick.

The rat tunnel needs to be rethemed. Put lots and lots of animatronic (they don't even need to move too much) rats all over the place. First you hear the squeaking, then the lights come on and you're surrounded by them.

Mara's eyes need to be fixed. As you leave the first treasure room, the big Mara statue needs attention. They both used to flash and smoke.

:)

DisneyGuy03
01-14-2003, 04:34 PM
Fix the ice machine!

GoofyDad
01-14-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Gemini Cricket
The rat tunnel needs to be rethemed. Put lots and lots of animatronic (they don't even need to move too much) rats all over the place. First you hear the squeaking, then the lights come on and you're surrounded by them.
:)

I rode Indy for the first time a few months ago, and the rat tunnel gave me a sort of deja-vu feeling. Later I realized that it reminded me a lot of one of the Big Thunder tunnels (I'm sure its a Big Thunder tunnel at DL, but possibly also at WDW).

Has anyone else ever noticed/felt this?

Disneyfreak
01-14-2003, 05:04 PM
I bet you they will make gates and add the spanish junk spiel to the ride even though they dont need them. I think that the effects in the lines need to be fixed with a more reliable system so they dont break down. The bamboo pole needs to be replaced with a steel bamboo so it doesnt bend. The poor man in the well hasnt worked for ages. Im surprised how long the light generator worked. I say that it will take them more than a month to fix many things. So they will probably start earlyer than they say on the web site so they can be ready for the chrismas season. Also goofydad the rat tunnel is suppost to start right away. The first projector just broke or the light burned out. Originally the ride was suppost to have the rats on your legs effect, like honey i shrunk the audience. That room needs serious attention. I think this refurb will fix the most visible things to the guests. Most refurbs you cant tell what they changed, but you will probably notice numerous changes.

Laffite
01-14-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by DisneyGuy03
Fix the ice machine!

Not this again!

RStar
01-14-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by DisneyGuy03
Fix the ice machine!

YES!!

I've never seen it working that I recall, and I was there on opening day!

Disneyfreak
01-14-2003, 05:11 PM
Maybe they could just redesign the whole fog effect for the spike room. They could just add fog machines in the walls and make it so fog appears when it activates. It wouldnt be that hard to install a couple fog machines into the progamming would it?

DrumCorpsChick
01-14-2003, 05:14 PM
The bamboo pole needs to be replaced with a steel bamboo so it doesnt bend.
I thought it was supposed to bend...

Disneyfreak
01-14-2003, 05:16 PM
Well if you put it that way I think your right. But they could find a better kind of material to put in to make it firmer so it doesnt bend SO MUCH AND BREAK. Thats what I really meant. They dont necessarily need to put in steel but they could improve the switch.

Christiii
01-14-2003, 05:17 PM
Ive alwasy thought the air dart area was really cheesy...soemthng should move or something...the 3d cutout of the warrior is really low tech..thats always bothered me..for such a neat ride!!

Christiii
01-14-2003, 05:18 PM
the bamboo poles are supposed to bend and make some kind of noise when youmove it...

Disneyfreak
01-14-2003, 05:19 PM
What do you suppose they do about that problem? I think they should make animitronics that move and spit darts at you. This would give us a demonstration what their imaginations can do, dont you think. Maybe they were running low on the budget so they made an easy idea that was inexpensive.

Christiii
01-14-2003, 05:24 PM
yeah something likethat!! it just is really wierd to have that in there, since most of the other areas are so elaborate and cool...it took me ahile to even figure out what it was supposed to be, since I can hear the noise but didnt really get hit with the air blasts..I guess that is kind of random...it would be great to just have a couple of guys with blow dart guns or something...the dumb paintings are not very realistic...

Disneyfreak
01-14-2003, 05:28 PM
But you know as well as I know that they wont spend that kind of money on a ride that is perfectly fine except with the mass of disrepair. The way the imagineers think is that is it really necessary and how much will it cost us to put this new effect in. Unfortunately the imagineers have a budget put in front of them from the managers. If Walt was alive he would spend the money for all of these things to be dealt with. He would of fixed the ice effect and all of the retired effects because of budget.

Cadaverous Pallor
01-14-2003, 06:13 PM
If they just fix all the broken things, I would definitely be there the day it reopens! I, too, would love to see the ice machine resurrected, as I never did see this effect in operation...we can dream, can't we? :)

Lashbear
01-14-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Christiii
...the dumb paintings are not very realistic...

I think they are supposed to be wall-murals, with hidden triggers to shoot the darts at suspecting passers-by. I'm sure they aren't meant to be real skeletons.

...Real ones would be cool, though !

BTW, our ENTIRE family voted Indy the BEST of all disney attractions (out of both USA parks)

Disneyfreak
01-14-2003, 06:36 PM
Its funny I never saw it that way. So its just suppost to be a wall with skelingtons and your suppost to be driving and they shoot you with darts and spears?

Laffite
01-14-2003, 07:09 PM
Its funny I never saw it that way. So its just suppost to be a wall with skelingtons and your suppost to be driving and they shoot you with darts and spears?

Yep, like the first movie when Indy was running out with darts coming from the walls.

Christiii
01-14-2003, 07:37 PM
wow I never got that either..I just thought they were really cheesy skeletons..they need to tell you that somewhere...haha
so what is this mysterious ice macine everyone is talking about?? how did I miss it??

HBTiggerFan
01-14-2003, 07:44 PM
The bamboo pole needs to be replaced with a steel bamboo so it doesnt bend.

As of 1/10 the bamboo pole was there, in all its bending noisemaking glory! YAY!!!!!!!!! :D

Disneyfreak
01-14-2003, 07:47 PM
You didnt miss anything because most of us didnt get to see it either. According to everyone the spike room used to have a ice machine that would avtivate when the spikes droped giving a chill and a fog effect supposidly. But the machine iced up and never worked and was never to work again. They never fixed it because they have to rip out the roof and fix it. The machine would just break again so they said forget it. But what I have been saying is that they should just have ordinary fog machines pumping in fog when the roof drops. This effect only supposidly worked before the ride opening.

Lashbear
01-14-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Christiii
wow I never got that either..I just thought they were really cheesy skeletons..they need to tell you that somewhere...haha
so what is this mysterious ice macine everyone is talking about?? how did I miss it??

From what I remember, it is supposed to drop ice and debris in the "gates of doom" area (just after you look into Mara's eyes)

...They also need fog on the floor in that room, to emphasize the fact that your car is supposedly "levetated" off the floor and "floating" towards the gates of doom. (It crashes back to earth after Indy says "Go that way", and you charge up the ramp into the temple)

Disneyfreak
01-14-2003, 07:56 PM
I would of never thought of that. It took me awhile to understand what you were talking about. But I never thought of it that way. When I think of it that is totally correct. But how come your floating? Is Mara making you float?