PDA

View Full Version : If You Owned Disneyland Resort...

DisneyFreak2000
07-16-2001, 08:22 PM
If you owned Disneyland Resort...

There have been numerous imagineering threads about changing/addding various attractions or entertainment, yet they were often getting off topic or confusing so I have decided to combine all those threads into one.

If you owned Disneyland Resort what modifications would you make to the existing attractions of entertainment? Would you add a new attraction or show? Bring something back from Yesterland? Explain in full all of your ideas. :D :D :D

DisneylandKid
07-16-2001, 08:31 PM
Oh my gosh,:D:D If I owned the Disneyland Resort.......:D :D

(Note: This is with an almost endless budget)

-I'd bring back a revised version of the submarines--with more special effects.
-I'd bring back Rocket Rods, but add the banked curves for a better ride.
-I'd reduce the Country Bear Playhouse to one theatre, and add the Winnie the Pooh ride next to it (by somehow expanding Critter Country)
-I'd totally redo Paradise Pier to "Disneyize" it. (One idea would be somehow better theming the Maliboomer...I'll get into that some other day )
-DCA would get Western River Expedition or Western Trail Expedition
-I'd bring back the
[I]concept of the Mine Train to Frontierland.

and more... i'll be writing again!!!

DisneyFreak2000
07-16-2001, 09:10 PM
If I owned the Resort I would do many things:

-I would add the Disneyland Museum (talked about in other threads) to Main Street
-I would add an entertaining and innovative Pooh to Critter Country
-I would add Geyser Mountain to Frontierland where most of the Festival Arena is now, then with the extra space create a Hunchback meet n' greet
-I would retheme Ariel's Grotto to be Fantasia Gardens, then move her Grotto closer to the Motor Boat Cruise lagoon where I would put her dark ride attraction
-I would divide the old Rocket Rod queue area in half. Extend the building towards Fantasyland and create a Beauty and the Beast dark ride in the one half, and a Buzz Space Ranger Spin in the other
-I would erect a building along the border of Fantasyland and Frontierland. In the half of the building in Fantasyland I would put the Legend of Lion King show from WDW. In the half in Frontierland I would put in an AA show based on Pocahontas and the show in Animal Kingdom. Pocahontas, John Smith Grandmother Willow and her AA forest friends would solve problems to help the environemnt and it would include songs like: "You will Understand", "Just Around the Riverbend", and "Colors of the Wind."
-Elsewhere in Fantasyland, I would create a ride based on Hercules similar to Spiderman in IOA. It would be a 3-d type dark ride. Guests board fully rotatable dark ride vehicles w/ 3-d glasses and experince Hercules and the monsters and heros he encountered on his road to victory in third dimension.
-I would turn the Skyway station into a Mulan character greet
-I would put a 20,000 leagues under the sea ride in the sub lagoon
-I would bring back the Rocket Rods with banked curves
-I would replace Innoventions with Alien Encounter
-I would bring an improved MSEP back to Disneyland
-I would bring a new stage show to Fantasyland Theatre
-I would add Tower of Terror, Armageddon, Great Movie Ride and Rock N' Roller Coaster to Hollywood Backlot of DCA
-I would retheme Superstar Limo to have the Goofy tie-in
-I would rennovate/improve "Annimazement" to include new segments with Mulan, etc. and add that as the day show at Hyperion, and I would put a new show in Hyperion called "The Best of Disney Musicals" for night. (See previous Hyperion thread for more info)
-I would retheme Bountiful Valley Farm to include a water play area with Mickey's Barnyard
-I would bring Dream Flight to Condor Flats
-I would build a stage in Condor Flats and put on a new version of "Plane Crazy" in there to add to the entertainment.
-I would bring Country Bears to Grizzly Peak Area
-I would put AA bears on GRR
-I would retheme Paradise Pier to make it more Disneyish
-I'd recreate Maliboomer to be like Supreme Scream at Knotts with a downward launch mode
-I would make a stage in Paradise Pier and put on a fab-five style show there as if they were on a road trip through California.
-I'd keep Orange Stinger, Mc Ship and Golden Zeypher, tear out Jumpin' Jellyfish and Mullholland and expand to the lot behind DTD and Grand CA hotel with better beach themed attractions. (I'll add more ideas later)
-I would add Ursula spinner to East loop of CA Screamin' coaster
-I would create "Illuminatoins" style show to DCA for the lagoon
-I would bring a replica of "Spectro Magic" out to DCA for the nighttime parade (and put MSEP back in Disneyland)

Welp, that's EVERYTHING I wanted to add to Disneyland Resort. Too bad they don't have an unlimited budget huh? If they were smart they would add some of this stuff that we wanted but (in the words of Morrigoon) "(sigh) they never ask us!"
:D

DisneylandKid
07-16-2001, 10:05 PM
Here's how I'd fix Paradise Pier:

-I'd make Mulhulland Madness indoors (by possibly taking out the McD's for more room) and have a beach scene below the "street" (track). You could have AudioAnimatronic police officers chasing you, among other things.
-I'd take out the Golden Zephyr to make room for a loading dock for a watercraft of some kind to roam the "ocean." Sailboats would be cool. It would also add some theme to the area.
-I'm not sure how this would work, but for entertainment generated waves with surfers would be cool. It'd also add some more theming.
-I'd take out either the Carrousel (never been fond of those) or the SS rustworthy and put it a children's play area with real sand. Possibly theme it as "Ariel's Beach."
-I'd attempt theming Maliboomer to the mallet carnival game it is trying to be a bit better. (MAybe a giant guy with a mallet in the area??) I'm not quite sure how this would work though. Possibly I'd have to reconsider.
-Take out the Orange Stinger and move it to Bountiful Valley (see "Misplaced Attractions" thread for more info) and put another ride for the same age group there..not quite sure what)

Those aren't all my ideas, but I don't want to bore you with any more - right now. Do you guys think I'd be any good as prez of the D-land Resort? (Maybe one day...:cool: )

Mr D
07-17-2001, 04:48 AM
I would close the gates for a month and let everyone visit DCA on its own, even if with just some minor upkeep DL will be even be much more appreciated. Thats just for starters, while this is going on I would conduct a public search at the esplanade staffed with imagineers of EXACTLY what the public wants, not just teens or locals or families but everyone. I would come up with the popular ideas concepts in a new theme park and then see if its financially feasible or practicle.Oh and BTW I would boot all the freeloaders in upper managemnet. Possibly I would consider selling DCA to the city of Anaheim and release it from the DisCo. Of course we can offer our maintenance services at a fee of course that would bring in additional income for many years.;)

Corith
07-17-2001, 10:09 AM
Instead of having park wide departments for type of service (merchandising, attractions, food service), I'd reorganize to have each land operating as a fiscal entity under a single manager. Within each department/land would then subdivide into merchandising, food service, and attraction operations.

These "land" managers would have to use their budget money for everything within that land in order to make profits. Under this reorganization, managers would see a direct correlation between E-ticket and well maintained attractions, and profit from customer shopping and eating. Eye candy attractions, like the keel boats, which don't normally see high guest turnover, would stay in service because they draw people to a food service location. Expense, E-Ticket, attractions can be justified because people will flock to that location and the profits of the nearby retail locations go up.

Look at the Blue Bayou, it is always busy. Does it have the best food and responsible prices? No, goofy's kitchen is a better deal(at least in my book), but it is just so nice to eat there. Need another example? How about sitting at the Hungry Bear, eating over priced burgers, watching the keel boats, canoes, and river boats travel the Rivers of America?

Under the Land by land management style areas of the park that have low profits from its retail locations might need new attractions. Instead of hemorrhaging money on retail design after retail design, the surrounding attractions that are stale, ugly, poorly maintained, might need replacing. The next E-ticket attraction that is selected from Imagineering might be selected to help out a needed land with dropping profits.