PDA

View Full Version : "Tiana's Showboat Jubilee!" starts Nov 6

dznyphreak
08-06-2009, 11:58 AM
Thanks to the Disney Audition website (http://corporate.disney.go.com/auditions/calendar/index.html), I can tell you that the Princess and the Frog show on the Mark Twain will run Nov 6-Jan 3. Auditions are August 19th for Dr. Facilier, the 22nd for the generic performers, and the 26th for Tiana and Naveen. Sounds like it'll be a pretty cool show and something we (or at least I) haven't seen before.

Disneyland1955
08-06-2009, 06:31 PM
I am curiouse to what show you are talking about. can you elaborate the show for me. thanx

ChurroGirl
08-06-2009, 06:48 PM
Thats really neat! It reminds me of when they used to have live performers on the Mark Twain!

I hope it will be cool!

mechurchlady
08-06-2009, 07:06 PM
Set the thing to Disneyland only and you will see the following:

Tiana's Showboat Jubilee! - Dr. Facilier

Seeking Male Vocalists for Tiana’s Showboat Jubilee!, a colorful, vibrant riverboat extravaganza featuring songs and music from the jazz-filled world of Walt Disney Pictures’ newest animated release The Princess and the Frog.

Invitational callbacks on Aug 25. Rehearsals begin Oct 16; show runs Nov 6 - Jan 3.

Apparently they are auditioning cast members for a proposed show based on the new animated film.

http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/index.php/tianas-showboat-jubi-5067/
LA Times has the following information:

As the “second-line” procession reaches the Rivers of America dock, a group of pre-selected theme park visitors will board the waiting riverboat (the Mark Twain at Disneyland and the Liberty Belle at Disney World) where Princess Tiana and other “The Princess and the Frog” characters will greet them.

After departing, the riverboat will stop along the riverfront for a performance including songs from the film. The show will be repeated several times a day, with viewing areas along the waterfront.

They may have a meet and greet after the show, stay tuned for more information, lol.

ryanvalle
08-06-2009, 08:07 PM
What I am curious if the show would run for a while or just during a promo period. I am sure that the answer would just be speculation, but I'd like to know what you think would happen.

dznyphreak
08-06-2009, 09:24 PM
Sorry everyone. Thought I had seen it here but I must have read about it from Mr. Lutz. Whoops!

They're doing a singing/dancing show on the Mark Twain that will be viewable from the riverbanks themed toward The Princess and the Frog, since it takes place in New Orleans.

mechurchlady
08-06-2009, 10:10 PM
Don't be hard on yourself. People are scouring the internet, media and anything they can scour to get information on anything related to Disney. People from various columns and boards and sites probably read that very same employment page and thought it was newsworthy. Your post now has everyone here at MousePad curious and thinking about their trips during that time of year.

I think you did a fine job getting this information out to other people.

Jeffreaky
08-06-2009, 11:03 PM
The Animation for the movie looks amazing. Good to see they are still doing regular animation.

I'll be at Disneyland in late November early December. I hope it's happening, I want to catch it for sure!

Drince88
08-07-2009, 06:23 AM
The Animation for the movie looks amazing. Good to see they are still doing regular animation.
No kidding. I've seen the trailers a couple of times in theaters, and get all excited when I see 'familiar' things in it! I wanted to stand up the first time I saw it and announce to everyone "Yes, those background scenes DID look familiar (St. Louis Cathedral is one that I really recall being an accurate representation.)

I think this is a great way to get some Jazz back into New Orleans square. (Or maybe MORE Jazz - I don't recall if the Jazz group is one that got the axe with the recent cut back in entertainment or not.)