PDA

View Full Version : Free Birthday promo ends in 2009, right?

jcruise86
08-05-2009, 06:51 AM
Is it set in stone that the free admission on your birthday promotion will end in 2009?

It was a smart promotion, by the way. Some people might make Disneyland birthday trips a new tradition, and others will (on future birthdays) remember that above-average birthday at Disneyland in 2009. My wife (not a Disney freak) has a birthday in early January, so I unrealistically hope that she will be able join my daughter & me (APs) for free again in Jan. of 2010.

mousecanuck
08-05-2009, 07:24 AM
I wouldn't bet on it ending - the 50th Anniversary was 18 months long, and the next promo was longer than two years, I believe (Year of a Million Dreams). Hard to confirm for certain as this one is very much tied into dates so they may end it after a year. Other MPers could probably shed more light or put you onto a more official site that might give you a firm date. I thought the Year of a Million Dreams would end after a year, but New Year's came & went and it went on.

JoeCool
08-05-2009, 07:48 AM
Is it set in stone that the free admission on your birthday promotion will end in 2009?

It was a smart promotion, by the way. Some people might make Disneyland birthday trips a new tradition, and others will (on future birthdays) remember that above-average birthday at Disneyland in 2009. My wife (not a Disney freak) has a birthday in early January, so I unrealistically hope that she will be able join my daughter & me (APs) for free again in Jan. of 2010.

Yes. According to my sources - a cast member in DL Guest Relations and an a cast member who is an executive at the Walt Disney Travel Company, the Birthday promotion and gift card will end in 2009. The program was a huge success - possibly too good and the Disney corporate suits are looking at profits and costs and the promotion will end. From what I have been told, the marketing push will be on DCA and the World of Color show with a little emphasis on DL's 55th birthday.

jcruise86
08-05-2009, 07:51 AM
Yes. . .
Thanks, Snoopy!

JoeCool
08-05-2009, 08:44 AM
Thanks, Snoopy!

Welcome!

DizneyMommy
08-05-2009, 08:44 AM
I don't see Disney extending the offer, that would allow for people to get in free two years in a row. Plus, from the DL website...

Celebrate your birthday with the most magical birthday gift of all — free admission on your birthday during 2009 to one of the Theme Parks of the Disneyland® Resort*!

Malcon10t
08-05-2009, 09:06 AM
Add to that, 2010 is the 55th anniversary, and 5s usually have some sort of celebration.

JoeCool
08-05-2009, 09:25 AM
Add to that, 2010 is the 55th anniversary, and 5s usually have some sort of celebration.

I was thinking the same thing as you. There has to be a promtion to celebrate the 55th anniversary.

Drince88
08-05-2009, 09:39 AM
Except the whole birthday thing was country-wide, and I think DL's 50th was the first time they did things in Orlando for it. They need a promotion like "What will you Celebrate" and "(Two) Years of a Million Dreams" for marketing purposes. Maybe they'll keep the "What Will You Celebrate" and just drop the birthday thing.

They need to announce it soon, though - for those of us with January birthdays!

The Mouse Is Back
08-05-2009, 03:25 PM
Ruh roh, I'd better use that Fun Card I got back in January in case it expires along with the promotion. My daughter's b'day is next month but I KNOW she isn't going to be hanging on to something she can use to buy stuff...it'll be gone in the first 15 minutes after she gets it!

Ally

The Mouse Is Back
08-05-2009, 03:26 PM
The 55th will be pretty big, I think. DL opened in '55.

Ally

mechurchlady
08-05-2009, 04:01 PM
Ruh roh, I'd better use that Fun Card I got back in January in case it expires along with the promotion. My daughter's b'day is next month but I KNOW she isn't going to be hanging on to something she can use to buy stuff...it'll be gone in the first 15 minutes after she gets it!

Ally
The birthday fun card has no expiration date. They changed that early in the program.