PDA

View Full Version : 1 day park hopper

zedizdead
01-14-2003, 10:03 AM
I read here yesterday something about the sol cal $48 2 park deal that you can now park hop? But I think it was not 100% confirmed. I was looking for that story again, but I can't find it.

Has it been confirmed? A friend is coming from outa town and we are going to go on sat. I can get him discount tix thru my work, but if we can park hop, he will pay the full price and go to both. But if we can't, then I'll get the discount and go only to DL.

Darkbeer
01-14-2003, 10:11 AM
The answer, officially, is no, the wording on the deal is clear in that the two days must be on different days.

Now, as to the real world answer, it sounds like people are being allowed to do it. So no guarantees, but you might be able to use both parts on the same day. During the last promotion, guests reported that they were not allowed back into the first park after using the second "day", so you might need to plan your day to start at one park, but finish at the other.

DisneyGuy03
01-14-2003, 10:21 AM
Sounds typical, "Official Policy" says one thing but what really happens is another matter all together.

zedizdead
01-14-2003, 11:41 AM
Thanks!

So I guess it depends on if you get a cool CM.

driftwood714
01-14-2003, 11:43 AM
Wording in the backstage memos said Guests may use it one day at each park before May 14th, or both parks in the same day (using up both admissions/entire value of ticket).

DisneyGuy03
01-14-2003, 12:42 PM
Great, now their telling CMs one thing and us another ;-)

Christiii
01-14-2003, 12:45 PM
Why dont they do that for all guests??? Isnt this for Southern Ca residents only?? A one day park hopper would be such a wonderful idea, especially if they wnat more people at DCA. If first timers only have one day to spend, 99% will opt for Disneyland...ive always wondered why they dont have a 1 day park hopper. I have an AP but it makes it hard for friends that go with me...:(

Laffite
01-14-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by driftwood714
Wording in the backstage memos said Guests may use it one day at each park before May 14th, or both parks in the same day (using up both admissions/entire value of ticket).

Urg. I'm glad, for once, that I'm not a CM. Too many things to remember :(

Preston

Ghoulish Delight
01-14-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Christiii
Why dont they do that for all guests??? Isnt this for Southern Ca residents only?? A one day park hopper would be such a wonderful idea, especially if they wnat more people at DCA. If first timers only have one day to spend, 99% will opt for Disneyland...ive always wondered why they dont have a 1 day park hopper. I have an AP but it makes it hard for friends that go with me...:( They had a 1-day park hopper. It initially sold for $60, disappeared for a week, then reappeard at $65. But a couple months after that, it disappeared again. There wasn't much demand for it, I guess. But then again, they didn't advertise it and it wasn't listed on the main price signs. I mean, duh. "Let's keep it quiet while we do a test run." "Oh look, no one is buying it." Gee, maybe because no one knows about it :rolleyes:

Christiii
01-14-2003, 01:20 PM
I really think people would go for it...I run a company that sets up conventions and trade shows and when we do an event the show staff and exhibitors have about 1 day to play around, they ALL go to Disneyland, but I know its very frustrating for them, because they would really like to see both parks!!

zedizdead
01-14-2003, 01:31 PM
I called them (I guess I could have done that earlier) and they told me that you can do both parks in one day.

Now the question is can I go to DL at 8am, get a handstamp and leave around 10 when DCA opens. Do DCA. Finish DCA (in about 2 hours ;) ) and return to DL.

Laffite
01-14-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by zedizdead
question is can I go to DL at 8am, get a handstamp and leave around 10 when DCA opens. Do DCA. Finish DCA (in about 2 hours ;) ) and return to DL.

Get an AP. Solves all your problems ;)

zedizdead
01-14-2003, 02:01 PM
I have an ap. But a friend who does not is coming.

socabch
01-14-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Darkbeer
During the last promotion, guests reported that they were not allowed back into the first park after using the second "day", so you might need to plan your day to start at one park, but finish at the other.

So that means these tickets are a no re-entry ticket? That'll be a pain. What if one of your party doesn't feel well at 11 a.m. and needs to go lay down for a while. That means in a hour or so they wouldn't be allowed back in to the park they just left. Or is it that once you use the second day it doesn't allow you back into the first park?

driftwood714
01-14-2003, 09:24 PM
I called them (I guess I could have done that earlier) and they told me that you can do both parks in one day.

I had already established that WAY early in the thread.

Now the question is can I go to DL at 8am, get a handstamp and leave around 10 when DCA opens. Do DCA. Finish DCA (in about 2 hours ;) ) and return to DL.

Yes, you can. Make sure you have a handstamp from each Park. But I suppose you'll call the Park anyway...

Ghoulish Delight
01-15-2003, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by socabch
So that means these tickets are a no re-entry ticket? That'll be a pain. What if one of your party doesn't feel well at 11 a.m. and needs to go lay down for a while. That means in a hour or so they wouldn't be allowed back in to the park they just left. Or is it that once you use the second day it doesn't allow you back into the first park? I think they are saying it's the second. So, if you start at DCA, you can go in and out of DCA with a handstamp, no problem. But if you then go to Disneyland on the same day, you cannot re-enter DCA but can reenter Disneyland with a handstamp.

Of course, if you read this thread, read the updates, or call guest relations, you'll get 5 different answers as to whether that's true or not. Some say you can re-enter both, some say you can't even use it on the same day (they appear to be wrong, but they say it anyway). Good luck to anyone who tries this. If anyone on the boards does, please do everyone a favor and report the experience here so some of the confusion can be cleared up.

zedizdead
01-15-2003, 07:37 AM
Some say you can re-enter both, some say you can't even use it on the same day

That's right. And that's why I called, so excuse the hell outa me Driftwood.

adriennek
01-15-2003, 11:11 AM
I'm not convinced that little bit at the end of that last post was entirely necessary. Let's try to control ourselves a little better, please.

Adrienne K

Ghoulish Delight
01-15-2003, 11:17 AM
ignore this. Nothing to see here. I misunderstood who was talking to who.

zedizdead
01-18-2003, 07:32 AM
Adrienne K:

Please get over yourself. It's getting old.

Good luck to anyone who tries this. If anyone on the boards does, please do everyone a favor and report the experience here so some of the confusion can be cleared up.

We are going for it, today is the big day. I'll let you all know how it worked out.[

adriennek
01-18-2003, 09:22 PM
Zedizhead,

I tried to give you a gentle reminder. Whether or not you think it's old, I'm a moderator of these boards. This is a formal warning, don't resort to personal comments and don't challenge moderators.

Thank you.
Adrienne K

tabacco
01-18-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by zedizdead
Please get over yourself. It's getting old.

For someone asking for help, you're awfully rude.

adriennek
01-18-2003, 09:44 PM
Lest I be accused of being inconsistent

Let's stick with the issues and please, everyone try to avoid the personal comments.

Thanks.
Adrienne K

zedizdead
01-19-2003, 07:55 AM
I'm a moderator of these boards.

What are you going to do? Ban me? Go ahead. Just because somebody else was being a jerk and I called him on it? I don't see any messages from you chastising him. I didn't insult him. I said, "Excuse the hell outa me"

So I do accuse you of being inconsistent, because I've seen alot worse comments than that here on these boards with no comments from any mod.

Whatever. I really don't care. I can’t take anything seriously from somebody who runs a web site about Disneyland toilets. Oops, that was a personal comment.

As for the subject at hand and for anybody who is interested, I pretty much had no problems park hopping. Although one CM at the DL gate started to give us a hard time, in the end it was all good and we had a great time.

In the event I'm banned, Good bye everybody! It's been nice!