PDA

View Full Version : Lost my son's AP.

Pages : [1] 2

jackaroosmom
08-04-2009, 08:52 AM
I lost my son's AP and I was wondering about the best way to get a replacement. He is only 4 so it's not like he has to show id. Also, will they charge me to replace it?

The next time I am going to DL he wont be with me so I was wondering if I could just go to customer relations outside the gate to have a new one printed.

Dinglehopper
08-04-2009, 09:11 AM
I'm pretty sure they don't charge you, I'm not positive they still do this, but what they used to do was just look you up on the computer and since your picture is in there they can tell it's you and they'll print you a new one. Used to be free and fairly easy

Malcon10t
08-04-2009, 09:59 AM
It will be $20 to replace an AP. Hasn't been free since at least 2001. You can do it at any ticket booth, Guest Services, or the AP center in the park. You can also do it in DCA at Guest Services.

PhotoJoe
08-04-2009, 10:01 AM
Yes, they will try to charge you...something like $25. I have a friend who carried all of her family's AP's in that stupid plastic pouch for the lanyards. Well, we're assuming a ride bar came down on it, then as her body moved on the ride, it snapped the plastic pouch off the lanyard. The CM at the bank said it happens all the time. She politely asked to speak to the manager when they tried to charge her $25 each for 5 AP's. Manager came out and our friend explained that the pouch is sold for this purpose, but even the CM at the bank admits it happens all the time, so the pouch is obviously defective and Disney is aware of it. They didn't charge her to replace the AP's.

Good Luck!

adriennek
08-04-2009, 10:03 AM
It will be $20 to replace an AP. Hasn't been free since at least 2001.

I can verify that it's been longer than 2001. I won't tell you how I know that, however. ;)

Adrienne

mechurchlady
08-04-2009, 10:03 AM
Guests get one free admission per year on their AP if it is lost or stolen. If you are close to renewing and only will need that one admission then save the $20.

There is a waver for proven lost AP such as a police report.

You may want to bring a copy of the birth certificate as proof. It is best to go to the DCA exterior Guest Services window as the lines are shorter usually.

adriennek
08-04-2009, 10:07 AM
You may want to bring a copy of the birth certificate as proof. It is best to go to the DCA exterior Guest Services window as the lines are shorter usually.

They don't need the birth certificate as proof. That's completely unnecessary and not really a great idea to be carrying that around if you don't need to. If you're there to replace your kid's AP, it's REALLY not that hard. :eyeroll: (Pretend that's the old fashioned eyeroll.) They might ask for the parent's ID but considering they're in the same family, I'm guessing the child's address on the AP file is the same as the parents...

Adrienne

Malcon10t
08-04-2009, 10:09 AM
I've never needed ID for a child's replacement or for my own. I've never needed the child there for the replacement either.

cstephens
08-04-2009, 11:08 AM
I can verify that it's been longer than 2001. I won't tell you how I know that, however. ;)

Adrienne

I know how you know. ;)

HobbitFeet
08-04-2009, 11:26 AM
Yes, they will try to charge you...something like $25. I have a friend who carried all of her family's AP's in that stupid plastic pouch for the lanyards. Well, we're assuming a ride bar came down on it, then as her body moved on the ride, it snapped the plastic pouch off the lanyard. The CM at the bank said it happens all the time. She politely asked to speak to the manager when they tried to charge her $25 each for 5 AP's. Manager came out and our friend explained that the pouch is sold for this purpose, but even the CM at the bank admits it happens all the time, so the pouch is obviously defective and Disney is aware of it. They didn't charge her to replace the AP's.

Good Luck!

Wish we'd done that, but hubby felt too stupid for not MOVING the pouch when he could FEEL that it was going to snap. He didn't, it came off, and the ride operators never found it. So we paid $40 to replace his and DS's APs.

And it would have been only $20, not $25, each for your friends. Did they report it to L&F, by the way? We were told that if the operators had found it, it would be noted, and the replacements would have been free.

HobbitFeet
08-04-2009, 11:28 AM
And yes, you can just go to guest relations. That's what we did to get hubby and son's APs replaced.

DizMe
08-04-2009, 12:17 PM
I "lost" my 6-year-old's AP in Feb. I frantically searched everywhere--I knew it had been in my wallet with all the others, and 3 of us searched high and low for it, but couldn't find it. I was told at the entrance gate to go to the bank on Main St. and they'd replace it, which they did, for $20. No one mentioned anything about a "one time free" rule and I didn't know to ask.

The next day, I suddenly had both APs in my wallet! I went back to the bank and they said they couldn't reimburse me. The interesting thing was what the CM said next..."The good news is that both are active so you can use them both." First, why would I need 2 unless I could use one for someone else (which we all know is not allowed)? And second, doesn't it seem like not voiding the lost AP would lead to abuse of the system? If I had lost it, I'd hate to think of someone else finding it and being able to get in free. If this is done routinely, wouldn't people just claim to have lost an AP, pay $20 to replace it and give/sell the first one? I know it would be risky for the person trying to use someone else's AP, but I could see people giving it a whirl. I still have both APs and I did use them at different times on our trip last week to see if they worked and both did.

AND...the reason I thought I had lost the AP, I discovered, is because they sometimes stick together so tightly and perfectly that you can't even tell! That happened again this trip so I looked very carefully and discovered the 2 cards stuck together. Just thought I'd mention this in case it happens to someone else.

MouseVII
08-04-2009, 12:34 PM
Guests get one free admission per year on their AP if it is lost or stolen.So how does that "year" work? Is it per pass (from activation to expiration) or is it a calender year (from Jan. 1st to Dec. 31st)?

AND...the reason I thought I had lost the AP, I discovered, is because they sometimes stick together so tightly and perfectly that you can't even tell! That happened again this trip so I looked very carefully and discovered the 2 cards stuck together. Just thought I'd mention this in case it happens to someone else.After our last trip my sister says she can't find hers. I'll tell her to see if it's sticking to anything. Thanks for the tip!

mechurchlady
08-04-2009, 01:30 PM
APs and ticket medium has bar codes thus when an AP is reported stolen they can close down that AP so that nobody else uses the AP. It is once per AP year not calendar year. The $20 fee is for the replacement of the card including materials, labor, and the record keeping stuff for example just like a bank. It is steep so as to prevent people from getting new ones without searching long and hard for their AP.

PhotoJoe
08-04-2009, 04:31 PM
Wish we'd done that, but hubby felt too stupid for not MOVING the pouch when he could FEEL that it was going to snap. He didn't, it came off, and the ride operators never found it. So we paid $40 to replace his and DS's APs.

And it would have been only $20, not $25, each for your friends. Did they report it to L&F, by the way? We were told that if the operators had found it, it would be noted, and the replacements would have been free.

I knew it was around $20. Yes, they reported it and went home. They replaced them on the next trip.

DizMe
08-04-2009, 05:26 PM
APs and ticket medium has bar codes thus when an AP is reported stolen they can close down that AP so that nobody else uses the AP. It is once per AP year not calendar year. The $20 fee is for the replacement of the card including materials, labor, and the record keeping stuff for example just like a bank. It is steep so as to prevent people from getting new ones without searching long and hard for their AP.

I wonder why they don't close down the lost ones once you've been issued a new one? Or maybe they usually do that but just didn't in my case?

MouseVII
08-04-2009, 06:47 PM
It is once per AP year not calendar year.That's what I thought but wasn't sure. Thanks for confirming!

DizneyMommy
08-05-2009, 08:41 AM
This is why I keep that little plastic pouch with the AP's in it either in my pocket or our backpack, not on my neck... I don't trust them

ellisfamily
08-05-2009, 01:15 PM
OH! This happened to us last year. On snow whites ride. We usually buy a gift card for $500 and use that while we are there. Too much of a pain to keep pulling cash or the debit card. So that and our AP's snapped off when they put down the little bar on that ride. I noticed it immediately and started a mad panic! I don't think my husband or I noticed one thing that whole ride cause we were just trying to look around our feet to find that little plastic thing from the lanyard. We found it THANK GOD! I wasn't so worried about the AP's, but we were barely into our second day of our 10 day trip so that gift card was still fully loaded!!

Good Luck!

jamwilson
08-08-2009, 09:52 PM
I just had mine replaced. It was $20 for a new card. The Cast Member told me that I could get a "temporary" card each day I was there - we were there for 5 days - for free if I wanted but had to go to Guest Relations every day & wait until they opened - which was after "Early Entry" so I paid the $20 to get a new one. They use the same picture you have on file.

adriennek
08-08-2009, 10:35 PM
The Cast Member told me that I could get a "temporary" card each day I was there - we were there for 5 days - for free if I wanted but had to go to Guest Relations every day & wait until they opened - which was after "Early Entry" so I paid the $20 to get a new one.

This was misinformation - or at the very least completely inconsistent with from the more typical answer: They give you ONE complimentary pass per AP cycle. So if your pass expires on November 1, 2009, you would have one complimentary pass in the year from November 1, 2008 to November 1, 2009. The second day, they would have told you that you had used your complimentary pass the day before and you would have to buy the $20 replacement pass.

Adrienne

tinkmlj
08-09-2009, 08:06 AM
OH! This happened to us last year. On snow whites ride. We usually buy a gift card for $500 and use that while we are there. Too much of a pain to keep pulling cash or the debit card. So that and our AP's snapped off when they put down the little bar on that ride. I noticed it immediately and started a mad panic! I don't think my husband or I noticed one thing that whole ride cause we were just trying to look around our feet to find that little plastic thing from the lanyard. We found it THANK GOD! I wasn't so worried about the AP's, but we were barely into our second day of our 10 day trip so that gift card was still fully loaded!!

The same thing happened to us but it was our 5 day passes not APs. It was the begining of our 2nd day and we went on Star Tours. When we came out my plastic part of the lanyard that had the tickets in them was gone. I paniced! I had saved over a year for our vacation and I thought it was over.:crying: I was crying and told the cms that it must have broken off during the ride. They were so nice. The shut down the one we had been in and looked all around. Turns out it had fallen under the cab/seats thing into the mechanical stuff underneath. They had to get someone special out there to get to it but they did. I had never been so happy as when they handed my tickets back. I will never ever use those plastic things again. Much safer in my husbands wallet! The Cms were so nice to me, I will never forget it.

adriennek
08-09-2009, 08:38 AM
Are these the little lanyards that you get as part of vacation packages?

I use this lanyard (http://www.mouseshoppe.com/Merchant5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=MS0284&Category_Code=) - it's awesome beyond belief. I blogged about it here on my MousePad blog (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/blog.php?b=209), too. :)

Adrienne

tinkmlj
08-09-2009, 01:35 PM
Are these the little lanyards that you get as part of vacation packages?

I use this lanyard (http://www.mouseshoppe.com/Merchant5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=MS0284&Category_Code=) - it's awesome beyond belief. I blogged about it here on my MousePad blog (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/blog.php?b=209), too. :)

Adrienne

Yes ours was one we had gotten through a vacation package. Those on your link look good!

DisneylandDad
08-09-2009, 03:48 PM
We used getawaytoday.com quite a few times and got the little lanyard/pouch thing that came with the packages. The first time we used them, mine snapped right off. Luckily I was able to just reach down and grab it, but we never used those kind again.

I like the way those in the link look also. Great for the hotel pool as well as the park. I think we will pick up at least one or two.