PDA

View Full Version : Matterhorn????

bud12887
01-13-2003, 09:42 PM
Matterhorn Bobsleds - indefinite

this was in the disneyland collum. Are they really closing the matterhorn or changing the matterhorn? I would be so angry! Would they really destroy the father of the modern roller coaster. Or am I just retarded and cant understand?

HBTiggerFan
01-14-2003, 12:07 AM
They are not taking it out, they are making some of the openings larger so people don't hurt themselves while breaking rules (keep your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the vehicle). The rehab is taking longer than usual, which is probably why the date is now indefinite instead of changing it every week.

AVP
01-14-2003, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by bud12887
this was in the disneyland collum. Are they really closing the matterhorn or changing the matterhorn? I would be so angry! Would they really destroy the father of the modern roller coaster. Or am I just retarded and cant understand?

We have not been able to confirm a new opening date for the Matterhorn, so we have listed the rehab as indefinite. It is definitely coming back - we just don't know when, and it was getting pretty silly changing the date weekly.

AVP

refurbmike
01-14-2003, 08:13 AM
Yea... silly...

::russles thru DisneyRefurbs.com, noting how many times he changed the re-opening date for Splash, Carousel, Castle, and now Matterhorn::

:D

DisneyGuy03
01-14-2003, 08:55 AM
Yeah, well, I think we probably still have Paul Pressler to thank for this, as he didn't seem to keep things maintained too well.

zedizdead
01-14-2003, 09:41 AM
I think the Matterhorn was well maintained. Before I ever got an AP it seemed like it was always closed for rehabs.

Yeah, well, I think we probably still have Paul Pressler to thank for this,

No, I think you can thank lawyers and a sue crazy society. That's the reason they are making bigger holes. I don't blame Disney one bit. They have to protect themselves from stupid people, and ambulance chasing lawyers.

On a side note: There are too many stupid people around. Thanks to lawyers, stupid people are protected from killing themselves by doing stupid things. Natural selection. Alot of these people would be DEAD. But thanks to lawyers stupid people walk the earth. :)

DisneyGuy03
01-14-2003, 10:38 AM
Actually, that's why the Matterhorn was down so much, it has had major problems.....did anyone actually look in the holes when some of them were first opened? There was tons of rotting wood, along with mildew and all sorts of other junk, which should have been taken care of long ago.

But I do agree with the lawyers as well, that was the inital reason for this rehab, but then they fund the lack of maintenance issues and so it took longer than expected, at least that's my best guess.

GoofyDad
01-14-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by zedizdead
On a side note: There are too many stupid people around. Thanks to lawyers, stupid people are protected from killing themselves by doing stupid things. Natural selection. Alot of these people would be DEAD. But thanks to lawyers stupid people walk the earth. :)

You really ought to cite George Carlin on that passage - it's almost a direct quote from Napalm and Silly Putty (and probably his concert shtick).

zedizdead
01-15-2003, 07:40 AM
You really ought to cite George Carlin on that passage

I'm really glad you posted that. I couldn't remember who I heard that from and it was driving me CrAzY! Yes George Carlin. I saw it on HBO the other night.

RStar
01-15-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by DisneyGuy03
Actually, that's why the Matterhorn was down so much, it has had major problems.....did anyone actually look in the holes when some of them were first opened? There was tons of rotting wood, along with mildew and all sorts of other junk, which should have been taken care of long ago.

But I do agree with the lawyers as well, that was the inital reason for this rehab, but then they fund the lack of maintenance issues and so it took longer than expected, at least that's my best guess.

I agree, I think it is a combination of both going on here. But it may not be a lack of maintenance, you don't just go tearing big holes in things to see if the wood is rotting yet. It's when major work starts that you find out these kind of things. And when a building is getting close to 50 years old (or 43 to be exact, same as me;) ) you can expect some problems. The same thing occured when they started painting the HM, they found some wood rot, begain to repair it only to find out one side needed to be nearly completely replaced. It happends.

Berry Princess
01-15-2003, 09:50 AM
I looked at Disneyland's site and it said Feb 13 or 14. I can't remember which right now. This was a couple of days ago that I looked. Does it look like they will get it done by then? I haven't had a chance to go yet this month. I know last I was there was a few days before christmas and it didn't look anywhere near finished.

DisneyGuy03
01-15-2003, 09:56 AM
In talking with some CMs, rumor around the park is saying sometime in March, but who knows? Maybe they can get it done by Feb.

Grandbreaker
01-15-2003, 10:24 AM
And that sinking problem its down 6 inches

Cloudcroft
01-15-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Grandbreaker
And that sinking problem its down 6 inches

HUH? What's your source for saying that it's sinking?:confused:

DisneyGuy03
01-15-2003, 03:20 PM
Not that rumor again! This rumor has been proven false time and time again, look at the threads on here and mousinfo.

Ace
01-15-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by HB Tigger Fan
They are not taking it out, they are making some of the openings larger so people don't hurt themselves while breaking rules (keep your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the vehicle). The rehab is taking longer than usual, which is probably why the date is now indefinite instead of changing it every week.

1) It really needs to be open by Spring Break.
2) If someone, no matter what language he or she speaks, can't figure out that sticking his arm into a wall / standing up / turning around while on a fast moving bobsled through a snowy mountain might possible result in some pain, then... I don't know.