PDA

View Full Version : Name plaques

lauras5boys
08-02-2009, 08:27 PM
A while back there was a cart and then a store at Disneyland that made name plaques. It had the person's first name, root and meaning on it. Does anyone know if that shop is still in business somewhere else now? I have plaques for the first 4 boys but I can't find one that matches anywhere. Many come close but I'd love to get an exact match to complete my set.

AnotherJenny
08-02-2009, 08:35 PM
The Heraldry Shoppe in the castle? I think that's the most likely place to find that.

DisneylandDad
08-02-2009, 08:53 PM
I thought there was a stand like that over by the matterhorn. The one I am thinking of does face painting and has/had name signs.

Niwel
08-02-2009, 08:54 PM
If it is the one I am thinking of, you might still find it across from the Matterhorn Entrance next to the old landing area for the Motorboat Cruises.

lauras5boys
08-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Heraldry Shoppe doesn't do it...it does last names and is the wrong format.

The thing across from Matterhorn is now a place that takes kids names and turns the letters into little characters. But it's where the name plaque place used to be. Then it moved over to the shop by Pinocchio. I remember one of the quests at Mouse Adventure was to go in there and look up Alice and get some information off of it.

I really hoping they are still in business just somewhere else. They had a specific mat cut and layout for the names that I can't seem to match up anywhere else.

AnotherJenny
08-03-2009, 06:30 AM
You should call Delivears. Maybe they have moved inside a store. Or maybe you can order it from Florida.

Drince88
08-03-2009, 08:49 AM
Might it be in a cart in Downtown Disney?

lauras5boys
08-03-2009, 10:08 AM
No, we had several people at Disney tell us that they no longer work anywhere at the park but they didn't know where they were or if they had gone out of business.

Drince88
08-03-2009, 10:45 AM
No, we had several people at Disney tell us that they no longer work anywhere at the park but they didn't know where they were or if they had gone out of business.

Oh, that's a bummer. Doing a google search without a company name is going to be a bit of a challenge, too, but you might be able to find it quickly, since you know what it 'should' look like. (I searched on 'name origin plaques' and got a few decent looking hits.)

mechurchlady
08-03-2009, 11:29 AM
Names Unraveled
That is the name of the cart then the shop and it was replaced by the crystal shop that recently closed. That site once sold expensive teddy bears in that shop. So where are they now? I bought a mug for mom decades ago with her name and its meaning on it at a shopping mall locally. Allearsnet still has the shop listed on some of their ride pages. They are still listed as a third party lessee for whom fun cards cannot be used at.

http://www.mouseplanet.com/6522/Disneyland_Park_Update

…Names Unraveled, a Disneyland tenant that sells personalized items from a cart in Fantasyland, is getting a new home. The company will soon offer its wares from the now-unused Geppetto's Toys and Gifts store location in Fantasyland. Geppetto's was once the park's destination doll and teddy bear shop, and closed when the Tinker Bell Toy Shop was transformed into a Disney Princess store.