PDA

View Full Version : Soap Opera Bistro is still listed on the DCA map

Darkbeer
01-13-2003, 06:43 PM
I was looking at the Current Guide to the Magic, dated January 6 - 23, 2003, and noticed that on the actual map, between the words "Sunshine Plaza" and "Hollywood Pictures Backlot", next to the telephone, restrooms and ATM symbols, a drawing of the old fashoined Microphone, the words written in script "Soap Opera" plus "bis" (the "tro" covered by the telephone symbol), and the ABC logo.

Who knows, maybe they will fix it the same time they remove Teddi Barra's Swingin' Arcade... ;)

MouseWife
01-13-2003, 07:14 PM
I don't know anything about the Bistro. But......

On the Susan Lucci site {the last time I checked} it said that she is going to be at the Super Soap Weekend in DCA the end of March.

Anyone, ANYONE have any news about this????

julia
01-14-2003, 11:28 AM
The last time I heard, they are going to be putting Playhouse Disney, like the one at WDW, where Soap Opera Bistro was located. They don't have a specific date or month for the opening of the Playhouse Disney, but the best information is Spring 2003. I guess they must be waiting on making the change on the maps until it is officially open.

Have a great day!
Julia

DisneyGuy03
01-14-2003, 12:39 PM
Well, if anyone is interested the electric sign on the building says Playhouse Disney will open April 2003 to be exact.

MouseWife
01-14-2003, 01:03 PM
Thanks, y'all!

Most definitely interested. I really want to know more about the Soap Weekend. I mean, why is La Lucci advertising to be there? Is she trying to keep that space open and then have a weekend off if it doesn't go?

DisneyGuy03
01-14-2003, 02:37 PM
Soap Opera weekend will still be at DCA every year, unfortunately, it's a mess when it's there, hopefully guest control will be better this year, but basically DCA is turning into a Special Event park, making it have a ton of pecial events might help them figure out how to do guest control better.

I would say we will also get the ABC preview weekend, as we did last year and probably the summer concerts again this year at a minimum.

MouseWife
01-14-2003, 02:53 PM
Cool. Thanks for the info.

Now if you do find out anything specific about the SSW~ I would be more than happy to listen. ;)