PDA

View Full Version : Tinkerbell

Pages : [1] 2

drjones
01-13-2003, 08:31 AM
Is there a Tinkerbell character that meets with the public at DL? My daughter loves tinkerbell and i think that she would be the one character that she would not be scared of....

DisneyGuy03
01-13-2003, 08:44 AM
To the best of my knowledge there isn't one, as doing a face character of her would be difficult, but I may be wrong and I am sure that if I am someone will correct me on this.

MammaSilva
01-13-2003, 10:27 AM
I can't say that there has never been a tinkerbell meet and greet but in the last 12 years we've never ever seen her in the park, Peter and Capt Hook and Mr. Smee, but no Tink or Wendy or John or Micheal either for that matter....I think it would be very hard for a Tink face character since they are supposed to be fairys and supposed to be able to fly.... (well Peter does too but most kids don't think of that).....but I'm sure there are other members that have been going on a regular basis a lot longer than I have that might know more, LostBoy comes to mind instantly...

Bill Catherall
01-13-2003, 11:08 AM
Do you have any idea how hard it is to find someone that fits into a 4 inch costume? ;)

Not Afraid
01-13-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Bill Catherall
Do you have any idea how hard it is to find someone that fits into a 4 inch costume? ;)
Don't forget......and can fly.;)

Bill Catherall
01-13-2003, 11:19 AM
You know...if there really was a Tinkerbell meet and greet (if you can get past the problems of scale and aerodynamics) with all the glitter make-up and glitter sprays found on the market today, you could put that stuff all over Tink and all the kids who touched her would walk away with "pixie dust" all over them. :D

mad4mky
01-13-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by mammasilva
but no Tink or Wendy or John or Micheal either for that matter....

What is sad for us...is that WDW's Magic Kingdom has Wendy there. :( I know because I have the cutest picture of her with my middle girl.
So...why does WDW get her, and not us on the west coast?:confused:

Cadaverous Pallor
01-13-2003, 11:47 AM
I remember seeing Wendy at least once, hanging out with Peter. Wasn't recently, though.

As for "scale issues" for Tink, there are plenty of other "scale issue" characters - dwarves, Cinderella's mice, etc. I think the main issue is that Tink does not talk. A face character that can't talk would be a bit creepy, don't you think? It's sad that we can't meet with Tink, but understandable.

ChipmunkStar
01-13-2003, 12:36 PM
Tinkerbell only makes appearances in shows (Fantasmic, Return to Neverland w/ Robin Williams, Believe...There's Magic in the Stars, etc.), the Peter Pan attraction, and the Electrical parade.

To my knowledge, she has never done meet and greets.

Wendy has been in the parks before in parades and shows, and used to do meet and greets (if you go to Toonfinder.com, there's a shot of her there), unfortunately, she's currently nowhere to be found, unless you count the Peter Pan attraction.

The Lost Boys, Wendy John and Michael and Peter used to be in an older parade which featured several different movies (Fantasia, Jungle Book, Peter Pan, Alice in Wonderland, etc.), but the names escapes me right now.

drjones
01-13-2003, 02:57 PM
size matters not.......look at the HUGE 7 darves that roam around the park. They dwarf Snow White!

Christiii
01-13-2003, 03:07 PM
One of my FAVORITE things is to watch Tiknerbell fly during the fireworks....it even more magical than a meet and greet..cause she really is flying..(I dont want to hear about any cable off the Matterhorn, she IS flying, she IS!!haha)
Anyway, just try to get the best closest view possible and tell your daughter she is heading from the Peter Pan ride to Never Never land for the night...she will be is awe Ill bet!!

cstephens
01-13-2003, 03:19 PM
I'm thinking the Tink meet-and-greet would be right next to the Jessica Rabbit meet-and-greet...

Gemini Cricket
01-13-2003, 04:07 PM
They could do a Ariel-like Tinkerbell Meet and Greet at the old SkyWay station in Fantasyland. You could go up the stairs and into an enclosed area that has huge props in it dressed to look like the drawer in Michael and John's room. Everything around you makes you feel like you shrank to her size. She could be sitting on a giant upturned hairbrush or something. The CM could tell the guests that Tink is taking a rest from flying (or that she can't fly at the moment being in a closed drawer or something).

I think it's do-able. Finding the CM that looks like her might be a challenge...

:)

Bill Catherall
01-13-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by cstephens
I'm thinking the Tink meet-and-greet would be right next to the Jessica Rabbit meet-and-greet... I'd be first in line for either one. :D :~D

thekirk
01-13-2003, 05:37 PM
I'm against the Tink meet and greet. I just think it would ruin some of the Disney magic. There needs to be some mystrey. Tink is one of my favorite characters - even though I'm a guy - she is a classic - evertime I see her fly onto my TV screen to present a Disney show I light up a lil - she is magical - and should remain a little mysterious.

I agree with a Jessica Rabit meet and great - I think that would be great!

DisneyGuy03
01-13-2003, 05:46 PM
Return to Neverland w/ Robin Williams
I miss that show........in my opinion it was much better than the show they have in there now and much better themed for the Animation Building, but I believe it was called "Back to Neverland" Wasn't "Return to Neverland" the sequel to Peter Pan? Or do I have them mixed up?

drjones
01-13-2003, 06:17 PM
i agree with gemini cricket!!!
the meet and greet in the old skyway station would be fantastic!!
who do i have to talk to to get the idea in................?

cemeinke
01-13-2003, 07:11 PM
Perhaps they could have a tink Meet & Greet like they do for Stich in Innoventions. You could see he in Neverland, ask her yes or no questions and she could mime and use her body language as she did in the original movie. That way you could see and interact with her, but not have her be a full sized face character.

Of course, you can always try to catch a glimps of the Believe Tink as she makes her exit backstage. Not a Meet & Greet persay, but a very cool experience none-the-less.

Gemini Cricket
01-14-2003, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by cemeinke
Of course, you can always try to catch a glimps of the Believe Tink as she makes her exit backstage. Not a Meet & Greet persay, but a very cool experience none-the-less.
Yeah, you can go back into Frontierland and listen for Tink to make contact with the huge mattress she plows into:

Mom to child: "Look, honey, there's Tinkerbell!"

Tinkerbell: ***WHUMP!!!***

Child to Mom: "Is Tinkerbell seeing stars now?"
:D

Christiii
01-14-2003, 09:43 AM
Im up for that!! I always want to find to closest viewing of her possible..so guys...where the heck to I go??

Gemini Cricket
01-14-2003, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Christiii
Im up for that!! I always want to find to closest viewing of her possible..so guys...where the heck to I go??
It's on the Big Thunder Trail on your right before you get to Fantasyland, it's a tall tower in the trees. Tinkerbell ends her flight there...

Christiii
01-14-2003, 09:58 AM
oh wow!! the secret place!! I feel like ive found the end of the rainbow!!
I figured it would be blocked off...and you couldnt get close...do you get close enought to really see her??

Gemini Cricket
01-14-2003, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Christiii
oh wow!! the secret place!! I feel like ive found the end of the rainbow!!
I figured it would be blocked off...and you couldnt get close...do you get close enought to really see her??
Hear her, yes. See her, maybe not.

zapppop or InnerspaceMan or cemeinke or Not Afraid might know for sure...

tiggerandtink
01-15-2003, 10:37 PM
I met Tink while buying coffee one morning on Main Street. She was in line behind me and out of costume but being the single guy that I was and her being, well, Tinkerbellish, I struck up a conversation and she told me about her "secret identity" and just as she started telling me about her "flight" my date for the day walked over for her coffee and gave Tink the ol' Wendy glare. Needless to say it was still cool.

PS- the "Tink" in my name isn't a weird fettish, she's my wife's favorite, just thought I would clear that up after my posting;)

Lashbear
01-15-2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Gemini Cricket
Yeah, you can go back into Frontierland and listen for Tink to make contact with the huge mattress she plows into:

Mom to child: "Look, honey, there's Tinkerbell!"

Tinkerbell: ***WHUMP!!!***

Child to Mom: "Is Tinkerbell seeing stars now?"
:D

:D :D :crying: GC, you've got me laughing so hard, I'm CRYING !!... I HAVE to make that my Sig for a while.... hehehehehehe

....insert lurid images of Tinkerbell *Whump*-ing into that mattress......