PDA

View Full Version : Monthly Payment Option Questions

Pages : [1] 2 3

mowsluver
07-25-2009, 08:28 AM
WE have let our passes expire and want to renew using the 'monthly payment option'. I understand that you have to pay something like $79 (?) dollars up front. Then do they automatically take payments out of the bank account or are we responsible for making the monthly payments?
Also, if we renew, say on the 10th of the month, does that mean the next payment is due by the 10th? Or do they have a certain day that it is taken out, if done automatically???
And then, if we are responsible for making the paymant, and it is NOT paid for the month, I understand that they cannoy be used, but does that month count against the year? For example--we renew in august. Good thru the end of next July right? But if we miss paying for say, Nov then resume payments, does it still end in July?
I hope this doesn't confuse too many people!!???

Malcon10t
07-25-2009, 08:43 AM
The way I understand it, you pay $69 up front. Let's say you get it today, your pass will expire one year from today. You pay your $69 today. You give them a credit/debit card, to which your payments will be deducted from. In 10 days, they take the first monthly payment out (remaining balance divided by 12.) If you fail to make a payment (your card is declined), they will stop your AP til the account is paid in full. No extension on the AP is given.

MammaSilva
07-25-2009, 09:19 AM
Ok Mal has it close but not quite...she has the default on your payment down, your card gets declined for any reason you end up owing fees and your pass won't work until you're current again...

As for the way they do the debits....Here's how it goes

You pay the downpayment, which most people use a one day ticket but it's been announced that you can just pay 1/12 of the cost of your pass, IN about 48 hours they take the next payment out of your account...in the next month approx 5 days before your payment day they take the next payment. All contracts require auto debit either from your debit card or a credit card.

So in 'english' you pay what amounts to a double payment 'right away' then the next month you look at your purchase day let's say you go on the 1st....they will take the next payment the same month you're in because it will be 5 days before the 1st of the following month....so you need to be really aware of the days you do this especially if your budget can't handle 3 payments in one month. When we went I bought my pass on the 30th, I used a two day hopper as my 'down' and in two days they took the payment out and my next payment was due on the 25th of the month...

It turned out they hadn't expanded the program and I got a sorry we made a mistake here's your money back letter but that's how the program works.

mechurchlady
07-25-2009, 09:34 AM
MammaSilva is correct that it is the cost of a one day one park ticket which is $69 for adults. I was told 3 days and they did charge the first payme in a short time amount of time then monthly and I checked the dates.

June 30
May 29
April 29
March 31

The reason it is so cheap is you have to put that $69 down first. IF you want to upgrade they make you pay the full difference. It is easier for me to pay about $35 for a premium and a SoCal set of passes than all in one.

Remember it is a contract with Disney so no pay means no play with them. Another way to get money, sigh.

Darkbeer
07-25-2009, 09:36 AM
Also note, Disney does require you to sign a contract that says you will make all 12 payments (using the automatic charge to the credit/debit card) and if you fail to make a payment (card declined) then Disney can take you to court and sue you for the difference, plus they could also put a "negative" mark on your credit rating.

That said, Disney is willing to work with someone, say whose card got stolen, and a new number was issued. So long as the guest contacts Disney with a reasonable time (being days, not weeks) of the change, and that a payment got declined in the transition, they would more than likely charge the new card number (to make sure it is valid) and then resume payments.

But IMHO, if you think there is a decent to good chance you would miss a payment, then the program is not for you.

cstephens
07-25-2009, 10:08 AM
Remember it is a contract with Disney so no pay means no play with them. Another way to get money, sigh.

Yes, they are entirely evil to not let you use your AP if you don't actually pay for it.

DizneyMommy
07-25-2009, 11:36 AM
The way I understand it, you pay $69 up front. Let's say you get it today, your pass will expire one year from today. You pay your $69 today. You give them a credit/debit card, to which your payments will be deducted from. In 10 days, they take the first monthly payment out (remaining balance divided by 12.) If you fail to make a payment (your card is declined), they will stop your AP til the account is paid in full. No extension on the AP is given.

Actually... I did this last week and they took my first monthly payment out in 48 hours. And he told me they would do that. Not the down payment, but the actual first month payment.

cookie7762
07-25-2009, 12:11 PM
so this is only for the so cal pass, right?

can someone break down an example of the 12 months of payments?

MammaSilva
07-25-2009, 12:22 PM
Actually it's for all the passes but only available to those people who live in So Cal in the authorized zip codes.

Darkbeer
07-25-2009, 12:29 PM
can someone break down an example of the 12 months of payments?

Here is the direct link to the different types of AP's and the monthly amounts....

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/ap/index?name=AnnualPassholderUngatedMonthlyPaymentsD etailPage

And if you want to add parking to your AP, they will do it for an extra $4.92 a month at the time of the original agreement. ($59 spread over 12 months)...

Don't forget, this is more than likely the last week for these prices, as most folks expect higher prices as of Monday, August 4th.

chancencinny
07-25-2009, 12:29 PM
I have seen alot of questions about the monthly payment so I thought I would write this down for whoever needs it. This may be long but hopefully it answers any questions about the Monthly Payment Option for Passes. Disclaimer: I am not and do not pretend to be a lawyer and do not speak for Disneyland I just know about the contracts from a good source and experience. Also this information is as of right now; things can change at any time or I could be wrong on some aspects.

Southern California: The contract holder must reside in So. Cal which is the 90000-93599 zip code. So you can have a your pass on a contract if you live out of state but someone who lives in state signs the contract and uses a CC with their name on it to pay for it. I think there is a loophole there but until someone tries it I am not sure.

Down Payment: $69 (which is a minimum you can pay more if you want) per pass you are getting regardless of age. The down payment can get paid with any form of payment normally accepted at the box office (cash, check, credit card, rewards card, etc) and can be paid by a mix of different methods. You can also use an unused ticket or still valid ticket (ie multiday on last day or 1 day used that day) as the down payment. The pass is backdated to the first use of the ticket if you use a multiday ticket as the down payment. If you are using a used ticket all people who used the tickets must be at the window and the CM must see them all in order to upgrade the tickets to passes. You cannot use multiple tickets for one pass. If you have a current pass and are in the renewal period (up to 40 days before the pass expires) you don't have to pay the down payment unless you want to. The monthly payments will be more though if you do not make the down payment.

1st Payment: The first payment will occur 2-5 days after the contract starts in most cases it is within 48-72 hours. This means that if the down payment and monthly payments are using the same CC you will see the payments hit very close together. It is not unlike many membership type places that have a down payment/joining fee and 1st month at the same time. You cannot pay the first month at the window it will be taken off your CC.

Monthly Payments: Disney takes the money monthly off a Credit Card of your choosing. Other than the first payment every payment will occur +/- 5 days of the contract anniversary date. So if you get it on the 1st every payment will be on/around the 1st.

Contract Holder: This is the person whose name is on the CC used for the contract. Only this person can make changes (see below) to the contract. Even if the original cc used is for a joint account only the person whose name appeared on the cc is the contract holder. The contract holder must be 18 or older; even if you have a CC you must be 18 or older. If there is a problem Disneyland will only tell the contract holder the problem.

Changes that can be made: Once the contract is signed that is it. You are in a binding contract and Disney will enforce the terms of it. Only two changes can be made. The CC can be changed at any time for any reason by the contract holder only to another cc with the contract holders name. So if you got a new CC for any reason and the old one is no longer valid you can change it. If you just feel like using a different card you can change it. The other change is paying off the contract early in full. You cannot make extra payments towards the balance. Either of these changes can be made at Dinseyland or by calling the CS line. There is no website.

Upgrades: Once the contract is signed it cannot be altered. You can upgrade you pass from say the Southern California to Premium but you will have to pay the full amount when you upgrade. Same to add parking. Upgrades cannot go onto a new contract either, they must be paid in full.

Declined CC: If your CC is declined your pass is blocked until you pay. If you wait too long you may have to pay the full balance to reactive. If you wait way too long you will get taken to collections. Disney doesn't play around when it comes to getting paid. To make a payment or pay the balance call the CS line or go to any of the ticket booths at Disneyland. If you pay at the ticket booths you can pay the monthly amount or payoff amount with any form of payment normally accepted. The CS line is CC only.

Finance Charges: There is no annual finance rate or finance charges. The contract does say that fees can be charged in specific instances (such as being sent to collections or taken to court).

Bottom Line: Read the contract before signing. Make sure you have choosen a pass you can afford to make the monthly payments for. Ask as many questions as you feel you need to the CM's are there to answer them and help you through the process but remember they are limited on the information they can give (not lawyers and all that). Once you sign you are in it for the rest of the year.

adriennek
07-25-2009, 01:15 PM
Southern California: The contract holder must reside in So. Cal which is the 90000-93599 zip code. So you can have a your pass on a contract if you live out of state but someone who lives in state signs the contract and uses a CC with their name on it to pay for it. I think there is a loophole there but until someone tries it I am not sure.

So what you're suggesting is that if I live here and I pay for someone else's AP with my credit card, that person can live anywhere and it doesn't matter.

So in this example I'll use my Aunt Mary who lives in Sacramento. She gives Disneyland her name and address (because they ask for the passholder's name and address,) but I give them my credit card number and my address and they'll let me pay for Mary's Pass?

Or do we have to lead them to believe that Mary lives at my address?

Adrienne

Andrew
07-25-2009, 01:30 PM
I can tell you this particular loophole works for cell phone contracts; tell them your billing address is in Nevada (no local taxes) but your shipping address is wherever you are, and then sign up for online billing. I imagine it would work the same way for Disney but haven't tried it.

oohykitten
07-25-2009, 02:27 PM
I am very curious what is "proof" that they require. Address don't change with the DMV anymore on your actual drivers licence. So what do you need to prove you live at a certain address?

AVP
07-25-2009, 03:28 PM
I am very curious what is "proof" that they require. Address don't change with the DMV anymore on your actual drivers licence. So what do you need to prove you live at a certain address?Drivers license; DMV-issued change of address card; current (and by that I mean recent AND not past-due) utility bill issued in your name at that address.

AVP

chancencinny
07-26-2009, 12:00 AM
So what you're suggesting is that if I live here and I pay for someone else's AP with my credit card, that person can live anywhere and it doesn't matter.

So in this example I'll use my Aunt Mary who lives in Sacramento. She gives Disneyland her name and address (because they ask for the passholder's name and address,) but I give them my credit card number and my address and they'll let me pay for Mary's Pass?

As far as I know, yes. The details for the contract just say the contract holder must be So.Cal resident (not billing or mailing address but physical residence). You don't have to mislead or anything just be sure you are clear that the contract holder will be So.Cal. The contract holder does not have to be the same person as the person getting the pass in any situation.

adriennek
07-26-2009, 08:35 AM
As far as I know, yes. The details for the contract just say the contract holder must be So.Cal resident (not billing or mailing address but physical residence). You don't have to mislead or anything just be sure you are clear that the contract holder will be So.Cal. The contract holder does not have to be the same person as the person getting the pass in any situation.

Have you done this yourself or are you just reading a loophole into the contract?

And there's nothing that says that the contract holder and the passholder must live at the same residence? Or that the contract holder and the passholder, if the passholder is over the age of 18, have to be the same person?

Adrienne

chancencinny
07-26-2009, 10:35 AM
Have you done this yourself or are you just reading a loophole into the contract?

And there's nothing that says that the contract holder and the passholder must live at the same residence? Or that the contract holder and the passholder, if the passholder is over the age of 18, have to be the same person?

I haven't done it myself it is a loophole I have noticed. There is nothing that says the contract holder and passholder must live at the same residence or be the same person.

I know I have seen people who are living at multiple residences sharing one contract with one person paying for all of them. I have also seen people, over 18, being the only person getting a pass at that time and having the contract holder be a relative or boyfriend/girlfriend who lives either with them or at a different residence. While the whole in area person paying for an out of area person thing is not something I have seen happen yet I can't see any reason Disney wouldn't allow it or that the vacation planners or pass processing center cm's wouldn't do it. They are told that the contract holder must be a so. cal. resident because the contract itself is for so. cal. residents only (meaning it applies to local laws and regulations). At the end of the night when the leads check the contracts or when they make it to the person processing the paperwork they only check that the contract holder lives in the correct zip code they don't check the residency of the passholders the contract is paying for.

I can see possible problems occuring when someone does this (in terms of the contract holder being paid back by the passholder). Unless I trusted the other person to pay me back on time I wouldn't do it. I don't see any reason why Disney wouldn't let a so.cal. resident sign a contract for a non-resident.

DizneyMommy
07-26-2009, 12:00 PM
I haven't done it myself it is a loophole I have noticed. There is nothing that says the contract holder and passholder must live at the same residence or be the same person.

I know I have seen people who are living at multiple residences sharing one contract with one person paying for all of them. I have also seen people, over 18, being the only person getting a pass at that time and having the contract holder be a relative or boyfriend/girlfriend who lives either with them or at a different residence. While the whole in area person paying for an out of area person thing is not something I have seen happen yet I can't see any reason Disney wouldn't allow it or that the vacation planners or pass processing center cm's wouldn't do it. They are told that the contract holder must be a so. cal. resident because the contract itself is for so. cal. residents only (meaning it applies to local laws and regulations). At the end of the night when the leads check the contracts or when they make it to the person processing the paperwork they only check that the contract holder lives in the correct zip code they don't check the residency of the passholders the contract is paying for.

I can see possible problems occuring when someone does this (in terms of the contract holder being paid back by the passholder). Unless I trusted the other person to pay me back on time I wouldn't do it. I don't see any reason why Disney wouldn't let a so.cal. resident sign a contract for a non-resident.

Just fyi... from my own experience buying mine. Granted, he knew it was my pass, but when I renewed and did the monthly thing, he printed out the contract automatically with the name, address, etc info that was linked to my pass. He did not ask if I would be the one paying for it or if it would be on my credit card. There is application or anything that you could fill out with different info. He also did not offer to let me make any changes or anything once he showed it to me to sign. I did not get the impression that was an option. It seemed to me that the passholder and contract holder are required to be the same person, and that really makes sense - the person responsible for the AP should be also responsible for the contract. They kind of have no choice with minors, but then they have the same last name (usually), live at the same address, and the parents are responsible for their pass.

It seems it would get into tricky territory when the monetary contract is with one person and the AP agreement is with another. Like, if the AP gets revoked because of something the AP holder did, the contract holder is stuck paying for it anyways through no fault of their own (other than fault for paying for a person who they couldnt trust). Even if they did allow this, which I doubt, both parties would have to be present at the time of renewal to make it work. They won't access passholder info without the passholder there, and the contract holder has to actually sign the contract.

I personally would not expect to be allowed to do this if it were me. I think it defeats the purpose of limiting the contract to local residents if anyone can just get someone locally to pay for it, and is just a way to circumvent what is obviously a rule that is important to Disney for whatever reason. I would just move to a different zip code :-)

adriennek
07-26-2009, 05:43 PM

It sounds like you have access if you've seen a lot of contracts and have a lot of access to the process? Have you ask a lead hypothetically if they'd let it through if someone did that?

Adrienne

Autopia Guy
07-27-2009, 12:22 AM
The details for the contract just say the contract holder must be So.Cal resident (not billing or mailing address but physical residence). You don't have to mislead or anything just be sure you are clear that the contract holder will be So.Cal. The contract holder does not have to be the same person as the person getting the pass in any situation.

This is correct.

avmom
08-11-2009, 08:40 AM
So I think I understand but I need to make sure. We are picking up a BD ticket($72) I can use this as my first payment for a SoCal Select pass then the rest of the balance($72) will be split into 12 payments on my CC? My Daughter and her BF are collage students and if this is how it works they would be so happy to have some extra money to spend in the park.

MouseVII
08-13-2009, 07:25 PM
So I think I understand but I need to make sure. We are picking up a BD ticket($72) I can use this as my first payment for a SoCal Select pass then the rest of the balance($72) will be split into 12 payments on my CC? My Daughter and her BF are collage students and if this is how it works they would be so happy to have some extra money to spend in the park.The $72 BD ticket is actually the down payment (not sure if that's what you meant by first payment but I wanted to make it clear). And just so you know you will be billed for the first payment within a couple of days. I think my sister was told 2 days or something like that. Also consider the residency restriction, southern CA and northern Baja CA. Wasn't sure where you're from so I thought I'd point it out.

Autopia Guy
08-14-2009, 02:56 AM
Also consider the residency restriction, southern CA and northern Baja CA. Wasn't sure where you're from so I thought I'd point it out.

AP Monthly Payment are Souther California ONLY. Unlike the SoCal Promotional Tickets, Northern Baja is NOT covered under Payments.

MouseVII
08-16-2009, 07:48 AM
AP Monthly Payment are Souther California ONLY. Unlike the SoCal Promotional Tickets, Northern Baja is NOT covered under Payments.Really? I didn't know that. Thanks for letting me know.