PDA

View Full Version : The carrousel is turning purple!

zapppop
01-12-2003, 09:45 PM
http://members.aol.com/chorusforus/images/carrousel.jpg

Not Afraid
01-12-2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by zapppop
http://members.aol.com/chorusforus/images/carrousel.jpg
Not to be picky but.....I would call that Hot Pink.:p :)

Maybe even Fuschia............

BELLEH5
01-12-2003, 10:27 PM
Yuck!!! Wasn't it blue & white before??? When is it suppose to be working again? Thankx Zapppop. Anymore major changes at the park?

FUCHISA!!**** (me don't like it)

01-13-2003, 05:39 AM
I'm sorry but it looks to me like it coordinates with the 1998 Tomorrowland colors.

GeminiAngel
01-13-2003, 06:18 AM
Not to be picky, picky. it looks purple, hot pink, and gold color.

AlanaP
01-13-2003, 06:57 AM
under that brown tape/paper, it is light blue. Thats the color they were painting on Friday, and the Purply/Pink was being painted on Sunday..stripey.....ooohhh...

Gemini Cricket
01-13-2003, 08:05 AM
Waitaminute waitaminute waitaminute...

They're not done yet. Let's see what the finished project looks like before we go round and round on this issue. ;)

GoldenEars
01-13-2003, 08:57 AM
I saw what they started to paint, and if it remains the colors that are there now, it'll actually be really nice! But then again, that's just my opinion. I believe the blue/white they had there before needed an improvement, something a bit more colorful, so this looks like it'll work out just fine!

And whatever anyone does, do NOT compare Fantasyland to Tomorrowland...it's like apples and oranges. Unfortunately, it looks like Tomorrowland has the appearance of a dried up prune!
When are they going to make that *land* the way it used to be, it's the dullest and worst *land* in the Park! But don't get me started on that, LOL!!

Patrick

stitcher
01-17-2003, 10:17 PM
Just saw a nice view of it today! Looking better. There are other colors to compliment the hot pink/purple and the outer panels are up.(they still have to put the scenes in though.) They had all the scaffolding really rigged down though. I guess they're starting to do the major cosmetic on the outer perimeter now

Sorry no pics, but I think that can be arranged by Sunday

PurpleDove33
01-17-2003, 11:37 PM
Just got home from DL and tonight when we went by it, they had a bunch of the lights on it turned on. It sure looked alot differant tonight then it did on Sunday. I do say, whatever you want to call that color, it is bright. I also had a cool thing happened tonight. Got it timed right for being on the storybook boat ride and the CM stopped along the london park area and we got to sit and watch the fireworks from the boat. How cool was that!!! I did look at IASW and after all the lights on it from the holidays, it looks kind of naked. Oh well we only have 10 months to wait.

Morrigoon
01-17-2003, 11:48 PM
LOL, we *just* missed eachother! My pals and I were watching Tink splat over by the Casey Jr. exit.

Maybe it was the angle we were at (probably), but were there no comets tonight?

PurpleDove33
01-17-2003, 11:55 PM
I actually found out tonight where tinkerbell actually lands. As you go up the second lift on BTM, look to the right and there is a tower with a (matterace) on it. Pardon the bad spelling, I am starting to fall asleep, and I am having a brain melt down

DisneyFan25863
01-18-2003, 10:42 AM
You can also see that tower from Fantesyland

Rallymonkey23
01-18-2003, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
Maybe it was the angle we were at (probably), but were there no comets tonight?

Nope, no comets or 'hidden' Mickey.

Also when Tink flew over the castle, the twinkles didn't work.
Oh, and, didn't you like the delay? :D

Morrigoon
01-18-2003, 03:20 PM
Yeah.

And Tink had kind of a hard landing - unless they've changed the tink splat procedure.

Used to be that when she came in they'd fold the mattress around her like a big Tink taco, but this time it looked like she hit the mattress, and the mattress and her went all the way into the back of the tower - OUCH!

DisneyGuy03
01-18-2003, 09:05 PM
Also when Tink flew over the castle, the twinkles didn't work.
The delay worked out nice for us, we ended up giving up on the fireworks and went on story book land canal boats and while we were on it, they were going off and the person running the boat stopped it and we got to see the fire works from storybook land, very cool.

doppio
01-19-2003, 03:07 AM
"And whatever anyone does, do NOT compare Fantasyland to Tomorrowland...it's like apples and oranges. Unfortunately, it looks like Tomorrowland has the appearance of a dried up prune!
When are they going to make that *land* the way it used to be, it's the dullest and worst *land* in the Park! But don't get me started on that, LOL!! "

Get rid of Tomorrowland and make way for a MEGA Fantasyland.

Gemini Cricket
01-19-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Gemini Cricket
They're not done yet. Let's see what the finished project looks like before we go round and round on this issue. ;)
Get it? 'Round and round'?
:D haha!

MickeyD
01-19-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Gemini Cricket
Get it? 'Round and round'?
:D haha!

LOL, I love that you had to come back a week later and point it out to us. :D :D :D