PDA

View Full Version : Yellow, Red And Blue Lamp Post?

Rallymonkey23
01-12-2003, 06:02 PM
While riding the tram today I was looking at the lamposts and noticed there are some lamp post with yellow stripes, red stripes and blue stripes near the top. Does anyone know why this was done? :confused:

Oh yeah, they are located on the path between DTD and the parking structure.

Laffite
01-12-2003, 06:20 PM
On the back of the trams are series of buttons and they are colored, guess what, yellow, red, blue (and black). Each buttons play different spiels (Welcome..., closing hours..., parking speed limit..., etc). The colors on the posts tell the rear CM when to play which spiels simply by pushing the buttons that correspond to the colors on the posts they see. Hope I make sense :confused:

Oh, the black button, which is seperated from the colored buttons, is probably a function button, while others activate spiels.

Preston

Darkbeer
01-12-2003, 06:25 PM
They also represent "zones" for use in communications, as if a CM needs to call for a mechanic for the tram, he would say he is stuck in the "blue" zone.

Laffite
01-12-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Darkbeer
They also represent "zones" for use in communications, as if a CM needs to call for a mechanic for the tram, he would say he is stuck in the "blue" zone.

so I tried :(

DisneyGuy03
01-12-2003, 09:13 PM
Actually the buttons are now pretty much useless, the spiel is done by sattelite, which is automatically overidden by the person at the back of the tram simply pressing the button on the microphone, I would bet that it is the communication zones as previously stated now.

tabacco
01-12-2003, 11:36 PM
GPS to be exact. You can see the antenna on the roof of each tram's last car.

Laffite
01-13-2003, 01:33 AM
Wow. They've got GPS on the trams? Pretty classy :)

Preston

RStar
01-13-2003, 08:40 AM
And here I thought it was for maintenance, as in for changing bulbs or something. But I had noticed that a while back.

Rallymonkey23
01-13-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by RStar
And here I thought it was for maintenance, as in for changing bulbs or something. But I had noticed that a while back.

That's what I was thinking. It was either that or something to do with the power.

But how cool is that!? GPS on trams! Who would have ever thought? :)