PDA

View Full Version : ToT? Twilight Zone??

AlanaP
01-12-2003, 03:33 PM
we were informed by an uber informative (or was it just annoying??) tram guy today, that "Tower of Terror is an east coast name, and we cant use it here on the west coast, so ours will be called The Twilight Zone"
HUH??
anyone?
just wondered if it was true..

Alana

truman
01-12-2003, 03:40 PM
In general, tram guys do not know what they are talking about and make stuff up on a regular basis. When they are transfering guest it is only them and the driver.......i.e. lets screw with people because no manager is around. Most of the time they don't even know wen the park is closing. So no, they are clueless!:confused:

rexfarms
01-12-2003, 04:48 PM
Uh-oh, we cant call our Space Mountain anymore because there is one in another park. We will call it Mountain of Rockets in Space.;)

DisneyGuy03
01-12-2003, 05:56 PM
Look on the official website, it says on the DCA Map "Tower of Terror Coming Spring 2004"

AlanaP
01-12-2003, 06:02 PM
yeah..thats pretty much what i thought too..

this particular tram guy..I have had him on hte tram several times.. and boy..when he gets a hold of that mic..no stopping the "comedy"..he really IS kind of annoying!!

Laffite
01-12-2003, 06:14 PM
urg. another one of those CMs that want to make everything s Jungle Cruise uh?

Preston

rexfarms
01-12-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Laffite

Preston

I know what you mean. Are they supposed to do that on the Canoes because a lot of the time they do. (It also bothers me when people get on the canoes but dont paddle. I am one who acutally paddles my heart out.) :)

TerryTiger
01-12-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by AlanaP
we were informed by an uber informative (or was it just annoying??) tram guy today, that "Tower of Terror is an east coast name, and we cant use it here on the west coast, so ours will be called The Twilight Zone"
HUH??
anyone?
just wondered if it was true..

Alana

Actually, the full name of the "east coast" version of the attraction is "The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror" and the building is called "Hollywood Tower Hotel". I'm sure ours will be the same.

MonorailMan
01-12-2003, 08:12 PM
I have found a lot of CMs like to yank our chains. It's that old "I work here, so they will believe anything I say." syndrome. :)

stitcher
01-13-2003, 12:09 AM

[b]I know what you mean. Are they supposed to do that on the Canoes because a lot of the time they do[b]

As far as I know there are only two other attractions in the resort that can usually get away with the dry humor similar to JC, and they are The "Sailing" Ship Columbia and canoes. Parking CMs try to do it on the trams and it just ends up sounding stupid half the time except for the "watch your language" joke. I mean nothing against them, it's just that many of them think that they can be all cool by telling their own version of jokes and have it sound good.

Laffite
01-13-2003, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by stitcher
it's just that many of them think that they can be all cool by telling their own version of jokes and have it sound good.

Except that most of the time they're not :confused:

Preston

DisneyGuy03
01-13-2003, 08:55 AM
it's just that many of them think that they can be all cool by telling their own version of jokes and have it sound good.
I've gotten a couple of people on the tram that used to work Jungle Cruise and they actually did do a good job at it, but, most of the tram people can not do it worth anything.

audibleatom
01-13-2003, 11:04 AM
i was in the park on sun. the 12th and a tram driver told me the samething...wonder if it was the same driver:D

Merlin
01-13-2003, 08:26 PM
The sign backstage at the fence of the construction site even says "You are entering the future site of the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror...Dropping Spring 2004" or some similar wording, an obvious play on the intro to the Twilight Zone TV show. It has floating clocks and other graphics, too.