PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Texas?

JLKirscher
01-12-2003, 11:21 AM
Has anyone heard anymore about the land the Disney reportedly purchased in Texas??

Just curious.

Gemini Cricket
01-12-2003, 11:24 AM
This was the only thing I could find on the web:

http://shamu.tamu.edu/~mickey/DisTex.html

Sailor Butterfly
01-13-2003, 08:08 AM
The rumor that wouldn't die. I think the fact that you were only able to find one source is very telling.

malin
01-13-2003, 02:36 PM
Wasn't Disney planing to build Disney's America on that land after the area close to Washington D.C gave them problems from Historians.

Tatertotsmommie
01-13-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Sailor Butterfly
The rumor that wouldn't die. I think the fact that you were only able to find one source is very telling.

I looked over this source, kind of interesting but sounds very far-fetched. It hasn't even been updated since June of '99.

AliKzam
01-13-2003, 11:13 PM
No, Malin. The area for Disney's America was somewhere in Virginia. Virginian historians were really upset that Disney would even consider contaminating that sacred ground with a theme park. So Disney abandoned that concept, and the good people of Virginia covered that land with track homes or a motel or something.
It doesn't matter. If Disney's America is meant to be made, it will be. Probably in Florida. Or Tokyo.

Spot
01-14-2003, 12:25 PM
AliKzam,

You forgot the waterpark...

-Spot

(yes they ditched a disney theme park and built houses and water park hmmm kinda sounds familiar doesn’t it? well Disney doesnt own this water park)

mrosnoski
01-15-2003, 03:15 AM
Disney was also looking into building a theme park on vancouver island years ago but decided against it because the locals didnt want it they were afraid of there small town becoming too big

01-15-2003, 01:12 PM
You'll correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Texas weather too extreme for a Disneyland? Hot, hot, hot summers and torrential downpours would wipe out a lot of visitors.

Morrigoon
01-15-2003, 02:53 PM
And when it isn't busy being 105 degrees and humid, there's those lovely (not) thunderstorms to deal with! Oh, and of course freezing temps in the winter!

tiggerandtink
01-15-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
And when it isn't busy being 105 degrees and humid, there's those lovely (not) thunderstorms to deal with! Oh, and of course freezing temps in the winter!
Reminds me of Florida (minus freezing winters of course).

TexanDisneyFan
01-17-2003, 07:07 AM
Yeah...

We're practically in igloos down here!

avromark
01-17-2003, 03:30 PM
They could build one in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) mayor mel would love it :) They could go to London but the current mayor isnt quite as competent as Diane Haskett was. We'd love a Disney themepark, all we got is a paramount one.