PDA

View Full Version : bear in the big blue house

missymouse
01-12-2003, 08:21 AM
My son is a HUGE fan of Bear in the Big blue House. Does anyone know if the Bear character is ever seen roaming the parks, or is available for pictures. We would love to get a piocture of him with the Bear. Thanx for any info!!:D :D :D

EandCDad
01-12-2003, 08:31 AM
I don't think he has ever been in either park. However, he may be part of the new Playhouse Disney show that is replacing the Soap Opera Bistro in DCA. Not sure when that is scheduled to start running (April maybe?).

missymouse
01-12-2003, 08:48 AM
Thanx for the information- I know that the Bear is in the show in WDW, so I assume he would be at DL, too. Too bad, we would really like to see him, and we are coming in Feb, so I guess we lose. Is the bear in any parades?

DisneyGuy03
01-12-2003, 09:15 AM
He was there during thier "meet the characters of Big Blue House/PlayHouse Disney" on NYE, so I would bet sometime in April, but probably a little sooner as well, to help promote the new show.

JLKirscher
01-12-2003, 10:31 AM
Does anyone know if the Bear character is ever seen roaming the parks, or is available for pictures.

I was wondering the same thing. My niece lives for Bear and Tutter. So I am hoping that the addition of the Playhouse show will add more Bear merchandise. I was a little disappointed in December when I was there that we couldn't find anything.

Does anyone thing that the management at the Henson Co. has anything to do with the lack of Bear?

MammaSilva
01-12-2003, 10:50 AM
I'm hoping that the Playhouse attraction opening in the spring at DCA will bring out the Bear and other playhouse folks, we love Bear and Rollie Ollie and Out of the Box......I know a lot of folks will miss the Soap Op Bistro (started to use initials and realized OOPS best not LOL) but adding more toddler friendly/kid friendly stuff to DCA is a priority I guess... not that they couldn't find another place to put it :(