PDA

View Full Version : what is with the parking?

DizneyMommy
07-20-2009, 11:07 AM
I was just headed down harbor and passed the harbor entrance, and found that they were directing people to turn right on disney way to park instead of directing then to the structure. The left turn lanes were closed off with cones. That seems odd for 11am on a weekday... ? Is this their way of making sure the garage does not fill up too early in the day, becuase it hasn't been full the last 2 weekdays we've gone in july in the evening. Seemed weird

lauras5boys
07-20-2009, 11:32 AM
They were trying to diresct everyone to the across the street parking the other day too. I just went to the structure anyway and there was pleanty of parking. I didn't get why they were doing that either.

disneylandgirl
07-20-2009, 12:10 PM
I got there at about 11 last Friday, and we didn't get to park in the structure. We parked in Simba and had to walk through DTD. I hate that.

Darkbeer
07-23-2009, 07:41 PM
Remember, Disney lost a lot of spaces when they closed the Timon lot for Cars Land Construction.

Disney wants to fill up Pumbaa and if they think they need to, GardenWalk in the morning, as they need to pay the Anaheim Police Department for Traffic Control, and paying off-duty Police Officers is NOT cheap. So they really push for the lots to get full as soon as possible, and leave the Parking Structure for the afternoon/evening crowd.

Omnitographer
07-25-2009, 08:55 PM
My friend said that the parking on our annual passes only covers the M&F structure. If this is the case then do I have to pay to park at another lot or at the garden walk, even if I'm sent there by disneyland?

Darkbeer
07-25-2009, 09:18 PM
My friend said that the parking on our annual passes only covers the M&F structure. If this is the case then do I have to pay to park at another lot or at the garden walk, even if I'm sent there by disneyland?

If you are directed by Disney away from the Parking Structure to another lot, then yes, Disney will honor your AP at whatever lot they are sending you to.

But if you decide to just use Disney Way and not even bother trying to enter the parking structure, then Disney can refuse you parking. If they do, they will place the exit flag on your windshield and send you to the parking structure. But they have not normally done this lately, as they want folks to park in the outer lots.

TowerofTerror
07-25-2009, 09:40 PM
well the parking situation will be like this for the next two year or so until they get the new land built. hopefully they will build another parking structure.

The Mouse Is Back
08-05-2009, 02:57 AM
I have a placard, and unless they are transporting guests via tram or some other vehicle from the outer lots, I really hope they're not flipping off ADA by directing disabled guests away from M&F.

Ally

mechurchlady
08-05-2009, 04:02 AM
I have a placard, and unless they are transporting guests via tram or some other vehicle from the outer lots, I really hope they're not flipping off ADA by directing disabled guests away from M&F.

Ally
My last parking fiasco had them sending me through Timon to Simba. They told me to go right and no further instructions. I was supposed to make a u-turn at Ball and park in M&F. This was because it was too far for a person with a placard to walk. They are making sure that they do not invoke the anger of government authorities. They made sure I was near the trams because of my placard.

oregontraveler
08-05-2009, 04:08 AM
OK, here's my situation. Going to the park Sun. October 11th and coming up from Dana Point. Taking the regular I-5 exit onto Disney Way. Am I correct in assumimg they will direct me to the Pumbaa lot instead of having to drive to M&F, if I'm there in the morning ? I've never parked in Pumbaa but it's across from GardenWalk, right. Trying to get my bearings on this.

Darkbeer
08-05-2009, 06:22 AM
OK, here's my situation. Going to the park Sun. October 11th and coming up from Dana Point. Taking the regular I-5 exit onto Disney Way. Am I correct in assumimg they will direct me to the Pumbaa lot instead of having to drive to M&F, if I'm there in the morning ? I've never parked in Pumbaa but it's across from GardenWalk, right. Trying to get my bearings on this.

If you get off on Disney Way and head towards Harbor (Westbound), there will be signage (the big electric movable signs) saying to park at Pumbaa or Anaheim GardenWalk for Theme Park Parking if they are open and Disney is collecting tolls. Anaheim PD will also be there to help with traffic control. If neither lot is open, you go to the old Timon Parking Entrance on Harbor (unless there is an issue, and the entrance is blocked off. If it is, they are more than likely sending you to the Anaheim Convention Center or Buzz Lightyear (former Strawberry Field) to park, which means it is a VERY busy day.)

But more than likely you will drive along the southern edge of DCA (The Timon Toll Booths have been removed) to Disneyland Drive. At that intersection, they will either send you straight across to the Simba Lot next to the Paradise Pier Hotel, where they will collect your parking fee and park you (Note, there is NO Trams from the Simba Lot currently, so it is a long walk) or have you make a right onto Disneyland Drive to the Mickey and Friends Parking Structure. Either of the options will add on additional time to you getting to the park.

So if they are directing you to Pumbaa or AGW, I would follow the directions of the Anaheim PD and the signage and park and get to Disneyland. (And yes, free bus service is available from Pumbaa and AGW on days that Disney is parking Theme Park customers there).

oregontraveler
08-05-2009, 06:35 AM

DizneyMommy
08-05-2009, 08:37 AM

I would suggest exiting at Harbour/Ball instead, turn right and then a quick left at Ball. Left at the parking garage entrance. That's what I do when I go the freeway route rather than side streets. I really loathe the Disney Way exit. The Harbor exit puts you very close to the garage, no guessing, no detours.

The Mouse Is Back
08-05-2009, 02:44 PM
Another question, after reading this thread - has it really been THAT crowded lately? We rarely go to the Parks in summer, except for the fireworks, but the only time I've ever been redirected was during the dreaded week between Christmas and New Year last year. It was a nightmare.

Is Timba still in use?

I'm so confused.

Ally

dznyphreak
08-05-2009, 02:53 PM
Is Timba still in use?

I'm so confused.

Ally

Not sure what you mean by "Timba," but Timon was closed last month and dug up to start work on Cars Land in DCA while Simba is still in use.

The Mouse Is Back
08-05-2009, 03:04 PM
D'oh! "Timba", heh heh, nice accidental combo of Timon and Simba.

Yes, I meant Timon. Thanks for the reply. Sad to hear it, though, that was my favorite lot to park in as it was easiest for me and daughter because of the flat lot and short tram ride.

Ally

jimreuter
08-05-2009, 07:53 PM
I haven't noticed them using the outlying lots since July 4th. The park is busy, but not as busy as it was in May.

Unless you are getting there late on a Fri-Sat-Sun (and mostly even then) your best bet is the Mickey and Friends parking structure. SB on I5 take the Disneyland Drive exit and stay to the left.

Northbound, do exactly what a previous poster said.

punkyv
08-06-2009, 05:51 AM
Remember, Disney lost a lot of spaces when they closed the Timon lot for Cars Land Construction.

Disney wants to fill up Pumbaa and if they think they need to, GardenWalk in the morning, as they need to pay the Anaheim Police Department for Traffic Control, and paying off-duty Police Officers is NOT cheap. So they really push for the lots to get full as soon as possible, and leave the Parking Structure for the afternoon/evening crowd.
That just doesn't seem fair.

Bytebear
08-06-2009, 07:57 AM
That just doesn't seem fair.

Well, you don't need to park there. If you are traveling from the South, do not exit at Disney Way. Go up to Harbor and do the right at Harbor, quick left on Ball, and that will take you right to Mickey and Friends. If you do get off at Disney Way, just go around the Pumbaa people, and go right onto Harbor up to Ball. In the immortal words of Edna Mode, "Luck favors the prepared."