PDA

View Full Version : Ticket media question

kranders
01-11-2003, 05:46 PM
Over Christmas we got our son a "5 day for the price of 3 day" pass since he was just visiting from Denver and we have APs. He only used 3 of the days so there are still 2 days remaining on the ticket. I know that with the 3/5 tickets purchased at DLR that it stated that they had to be used within 14 days of the first use.

The one I got was through the military discount and it doesn't say that anywhere on the ticket. I asked at the information booth when we were at DLR and he confirmed that it was only good for 14 days, however he never looked at the ticket and I didn't mention that it was issued through the military.

Does anyone have a normal "5 day for the price of 3" ticket and does it state that it needs to be used in 14 days?

Here is exactly what the back of my ticket says:
"5-DAY PARK HOPPER AIR FORCE R $89.50
FINAL DAY MUST BE USED BY 06/30/2003"

I'm thinking that the renaining 2 days should be good until 6/30/03. Am I right?

MammaSilva
01-11-2003, 05:49 PM
Not being a CM but just going by what the media says I would say that they don't expire until the date on the back of the ticket...I bought the 3/5 hoppers and they said they expired on 1/07/03 so using that as a guideline I'm thinking you have two days left that will be good up til that date!

DisneyGuy03
01-11-2003, 06:06 PM
I agree, just look at the ticket, it should be good until whatever date the ticket saysit shoulds ay on the bottom Valid unti: and then a date

tabacco
01-11-2003, 07:28 PM
If the ticket has no expiration date printed on it, it doesn't expire. Tickets that expire in two years, such as the 3 and 5 day hoppers purchased at the gate, still have the expiration date printed on them.

kranders
01-12-2003, 10:03 AM
Thanks,
That's what I figured.

Now, does anyone have any ideas on what to do with the extra days?! ;)

HBTiggerFan
01-12-2003, 10:27 AM
Well you can save them for next time, or (even though this is against the rules) if he didn't sign it or anything if you have a friend or family member coming in and you want to take them they could use it.

driftwood714
01-12-2003, 10:34 AM
Pretty much all tickets being sold right now have some type of expiration on it with the exception being regular priced 1-Day / 1-Park tickets which are good whenever. Most multi-day tickets say they are valid "13 days from first use". The only exceptions are the regular priced multi-day tickets sold from the gate AND some multi-day military tickets. From the military tickets I have seen and heard of, they have a much longer "fuse" meaning they could be used for a longer period of time before expiring.

DisneyGuy03
01-12-2003, 12:00 PM
Some military tickets also do not have expiration dates, even the multi-day tickets, they are few and far between, but they are out there.

kranders
01-12-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by driftwood714
Pretty much all tickets being sold right now have some type of expiration on it with the exception being regular priced 1-Day / 1-Park tickets which are good whenever. Most multi-day tickets say they are valid "13 days from first use". The back of my ticket has no statement of days from first use, just an expiration date.

Here is exactly what the back of my ticket says:
"5-DAY PARK HOPPER AIR FORCE R $89.50
FINAL DAY MUST BE USED BY 06/30/2003"

tabacco
01-12-2003, 01:48 PM
In which case yeah, you've got a few months to use it in :)

The expiration policy on tickets is very straightforward. If it has a date or other expiration notice (like "13 days from first use"), that's when it will expire. If it has no indication to that effect, it never expires.

marciemi
01-18-2003, 04:37 AM
Ours too state on the bottom (3 for 5 day) must be used within 13 days from first day of use.

I don't want to get in trouble for suggesting this, but if you'resure you're not using the tickets, LOTS of people are selling them on ebay with exactly like you have - with 3 of the 5 days used, whatever. And getting a surprising amount of money. I guess I'd be hesitant to buy from someone especially if I couldn't know for a fact by looking at the ticket how many days were left (which you can't), but others don't seem to have a problem with this!

kranders
01-20-2003, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by marciemi
I don't want to get in trouble for suggesting this, but if you'resure you're not using the tickets, LOTS of people are selling them on ebay with exactly like you have - with 3 of the 5 days used, whatever. And getting a surprising amount of money I won't be selling the remaining days. What I'll look for is someone who can use the days and I'll just give it to them!:)

XYZZY
01-20-2003, 02:59 PM
Ken,
Are you serious about giving them away? My two nephews are coming to visit in Feb & I need tickets for them.
Thanks,
Audrey:)

RStar
01-20-2003, 03:57 PM
When the ticket said "Last day must be used by 6-30-03" it also means that the first day must be used by 6-16-03. This is the experation of the whole ticket, it's 14 day shift. I would take this to mean "it must be used up by then". And if you used the first day on 6-29-03, it would expire the next day and you would lose the remaining days. I see this as a seperate issue from the 14 day block of usage experation. So the first day it was used started the clock ticking to the 14 day experation.

Now, they are cancelling vacations for service men going overseas for no charge. If this is the case they may extend the date for this as well, who knows....

tabacco
01-20-2003, 04:15 PM
Nonono... tickets don't work like that. If it doesn't give a date when the first day needs to be used, then there isn't one.

I cannot stress enough that ticket media doesn't have hidden expiration dates. Whatever it says on the ticket is exactly what applies, nothing more, nothing less. If it doesn't have the 14 day limit listed, it doesn't apply.

RStar
01-20-2003, 04:30 PM
So, it's not in the computer when they scan it? I thought that's what the magnetic strip on the back was for?

And every time I see someone with a ticket going in the park, they have always stamped it. So was this ticket not stamped when it was used? And not noticed the other 2 days? Seems odd. How would they know if it was the 2nd day or the 20th day that ticket was used then? It has to be kept track of somewhere.....

tabacco
01-20-2003, 04:51 PM
Yes, it's scanned into the computer by the turnstile upon entry, but my point is that the remaining days on the ticket can be used until the expiration date given, unless the ticket specifically says otherwise.

As for stamping, they only do that if the turnstile can't read the ticket for some reason.

kranders
01-21-2003, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by RStar
How would they know if it was the 2nd day or the 20th day that ticket was used then? It has to be kept track of somewhere..... When the ticket goes through the scanner for the first time of the day it punches a little hole in the ticket. This ticket has 3 little holes punched in it.

"So the first day it was used started the clock ticking to the 14 day experation."

This is what had me confused, everyone assumed it was the same as Disney's 5-days-for-the-price-of-3 tickets, but it is a military issue and it isn't that way. I quoted the exact verbage on the ticket earlier in the thread. Thanks to Tabacco for clearing the confusion for me! I knew you could be relyed on for reliable and accurate information on tickets and such!!!:)

"Are you serious about giving them away? My two nephews are coming to visit in Feb & I need tickets for them."

Sorry, Audrey. I'm going to find someone I know that can use the tickets before the end of June. I'm sure you understand;) .