PDA

View Full Version : Some people...

HBTiggerFan
01-11-2003, 10:32 AM
Yesterday myself and MickeyD went to DLR. I was going into City Hall to write a compliment.

While we were in City Hall this guy comes in and wants to complaining about his skipper on the JC. He said that all she did was tell jokes and the JC was not educational at all! :eek:

After he left this other guy comes in and starts ranting and raving that so many attractions are down. He started in on HM, then PotC, and then that they were "taking out the Matterhorn"(as in removing it), the boats were closed, the subs were down, the peoplemover was down, the skyway was down. The CM just listened and then finally said "sir, the submarines have not been there for years, neither have the skyway or the peoplemover".

Had I not seen him getting a refund for his tickets I would have thought he was an AP complaining. But I am 99.9% sure he was a paying guest.

I know that disneyland.com is not always accurate for repairs, however the attractions that are down are listed on the ticket booths.

This guy was a piece of work. Anyone else have stories like this?

tabacco
01-11-2003, 10:53 AM
Have I told the story about the guy who insisted we upgrade his whole family's (2 ad., 2 ch.) 3-day hoppers to Deluxe APs because iasw was down? I should point out that his 2 kids had comp tickets, so they wanted $408 in freebies because one attraction was down. They got a backdoor to PotC :)

DisneyGuy03
01-11-2003, 12:09 PM
I know that disneyland.com is not always accurate for repairs, however the attractions that are down are listed on the ticket booths.
Actually, they aren't even always accurate, they stated yesterday that the Jungle Cruise was down, but when we went by it, it was running.

After he left this other guy comes in and starts ranting and raving that so many attractions are down. He started in on HM, then PotC, and then that they were "taking out the Matterhorn"(as in removing it), the boats were closed, the subs were down, the peoplemover was down, the skyway was down. The CM just listened and then finally said "sir, the submarines have not been there for years, neither have the skyway or the peoplemover".
ROFLOL......This is hillarious, esp. since PotC was running yesterday, heck we even went on it, so I know it was running.

Hmm...wonder why the boats aren't running ;-) I wouldn't be suprised if this guy was over by where the canoes starts, sees a cat member as asks if the canoes are running...LOL

I am suprised they gave him a refund, most of the time they just comp a ticket out to DCA, at least that's what they were doing the last time that so many things were down.

Have I told the story about the guy who insisted we upgrade his whole family's (2 ad., 2 ch.) 3-day hoppers to Deluxe APs because iasw was down? I should point out that his 2 kids had comp tickets, so they wanted $408 in freebies because one attraction was down.
Please tell me you are joking, who would ask for something like that? I could see someone actually asking for a comp ticket to the other park with all that's closed, but that's about it.

HBTiggerFan
01-11-2003, 12:59 PM
I was trying to not let this guy see me laugh and my partner in non-crime was running outside to not let this guy see her laughing that I am not 110% sure he said PotC, though I am pretty sure. I Hope she comes and posts here too!

Tabacco, please tell me you are joking. PLEASE!!!!!!!

MickeyD
01-11-2003, 08:54 PM
I don't remember hearing him say anything about PotC, but he could very well have said it one of the times I walked outside to laugh hysterically. He kept saying to the poor CM, "You took everything out". I felt so bad for her. The he was ranting that the attraction closures were not listed in The Guide to Magic. I was thinking, um, hello? even if closures were mentioned in it, I'm pretty sure that he wouldn't have found the Subs and Skyway listed as closed.

But HBTF left out the best part. There was also another person there who was complaining that the Jungle Cruise wasn't "educational" and there were too many jokes in it, and he didn't take his kids on it to hear jokes. :rolleyes:

tabacco
01-11-2003, 09:07 PM
Nope, I'm not joking. This was way back during summer, when iasw was getting to the end of that 4 month rehab. My lead at the Pavilion was trying really hard not to laugh when the guy demanded that upgrade :)

DisneyGuy03
01-11-2003, 09:36 PM
Sorry, I don't think I could have stopped myself from laughing, then just for kicks throwing him out of the park for making the rediculous demand (of course refunding any money spent on the non-comped tickets)

MickeyD
01-11-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by HB Tigger Fan
While we were in City Hall this guy comes in and wants to complaining about his skipper on the JC. He said that all she did was tell jokes and the JC was not educational at all! :eek:

Oops, sorry. Missed it when she typed this. This guy was my fave.

HBTiggerFan
01-11-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by MickeyD
The he was ranting that the attraction closures were not listed in The Guide to Magic. I was thinking, um, hello? even if closures were mentioned in it, I'm pretty sure that he wouldn't have found the Subs and Skyway listed as closed.

But the subs and the skyway are closed and have been so for the last 4 or so years!!!!! :rolleyes:

tabacco
01-11-2003, 10:06 PM
That'd be kinda funny, if they just listed every attraction, past and present, that wasn't operating at Disneyland to assist the clueless-enabled guests :)

"The following attractions are not operating today:
Rocket to the Moon
Skyway
Flying Saucers
etc."

Actually, to make sure everyone is sure, perhaps they should also list every attraction at every other park in the world under "The following attractions are not operating at Disneyland today." :D

HBTiggerFan
01-11-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by tabacco
That'd be kinda funny, if they just listed every attraction, past and present, that wasn't operating at Disneyland to assist the clueless-enabled guests :)

"The following attractions are not operating today:
Rocket to the Moon
Skyway
Flying Saucers
etc."

Actually, to make sure everyone is sure, perhaps they should also list every attraction at every other park in the world under "The following attractions are not operating at Disneyland today." :D

The last sentence would be better if it read "The following attractions are not operating in, and have never operated at Disneyland"