PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know why the monorail was 101 yesterday afternoon?

HBTiggerFan
01-11-2003, 11:14 AM
Around 2:30ish the monorail went 101 for about 20 minutes. I heard someone was decapitated :eek: ;)

Seriously, anyone know?

tabacco
01-11-2003, 11:54 AM
The monorail goes 101 all the time. Could be all kindsa stuff.

DisneyGuy03
01-11-2003, 01:13 PM
Because the monorails haven't been properly maintenced in years? I mean, 1/2 the windows don't even roll up any more. ;-)

Seriously, I would think it's because one of the monorails couldn't make it up the hill into Disneyland again, so it takes a bit of time to get it off the track, for that shrot of a closure, this is generally the case.

One day when I was there the monorails were down for about 6 hours because one threw a brake shoe. There are many reasons why they go down, they used to be one of the attractions with the least amount of down time, now they are one of the attractions with the most ammount of downtime.

HBTiggerFan
01-11-2003, 02:01 PM
I know there are lots of reasons, I was just wondering and now i realize I forgot to say that Security said they 101ed it for security reasons.

DisneyGuy03
01-11-2003, 03:43 PM
Oh! No, that terroist hit....Ok, bad joke, but if you ever ask why no one can sit in the front of the monorail you are told it's because they fear that a teroist will hi-jack the monorail....I still wonder what they would do with it if they did......after all, the only people that would be really hurt in that case would be the ones in the front of the train, a terroist could do far more damage by setting off a bomb in the middle of the train.

Seriously, if it was 101ed for security reasons it's most likely an unattended package, it happens after all.

disneygeek87
01-11-2003, 04:16 PM
What does it mean if the monorail is 101ed?

Dexter
01-11-2003, 04:22 PM
101ed referrs to an attraction being closed/down for a variety of reasons.

This Thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1136&perpage=25&highlight=radio%20codes&pagenumber=7) contains information on radio codes, I've linked you to the page they are on because this is a monster of a thread!

rexfarms
01-11-2003, 05:55 PM
If it was for security wouldnt it be 103? Or is that just emergency emergency? :confused:

Mad Hatter
01-12-2003, 01:47 AM
Wow, there are alot of reasons the monorails go 101. could of been a thousand things , lately is been a loss of power to the beam. ( beam=monorail track) Friday evening orange threw a shoe & had a heat detection alarm,which will give it an E stop. And of course tonight around 7 we had the tailcone on orange at DTD would not open with guests stuck inside.then blue sitting at TL broke down and had to go in the shop. Sometimes the computer onboard will have a glitch and thinks that another train is in front of it and ( you guessed it) E stop! Right now we are waiting to get new monorails but it will take about 2 to 3 years before they arrive.:~)

AVP
01-12-2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by HB Tigger Fan
Seriously, anyone know?

The monorails went down Friday afternoon to allow a branch that was sticking out into the monorail path to be trimmed. We heard that the branch struck a guest as the monorail was passing by. I don't think anyone was decapitated - something like that would have hit the news pretty darn fast.

AVP