PDA

View Full Version : Annual Passport Question....

mowsluver
07-17-2009, 06:43 AM
We let our AP's expire and want to renew. We live in So Cal and want to do the monthly payment option. I have had such a hard time on the DL website that I figured I would get an answer here much faster!
Since our passes have expired, will we need to go to the ticket booths to get them now?
Thanks!

DSNYDad
07-17-2009, 07:52 AM
We let our AP's expire a long while. Purchased the one day one park passes and went inside the park to upgrade to AP's with the Monthly Payment Option. No line at all inside. Oh, and they will refund your parking, so take it with you. I will get a refund the next time were at the park.

Drince88
07-17-2009, 07:54 AM
Oh, and they will refund your parking, so take it with you. I will get a refund the next time were at the park.
Is that for ANY pass, or just the passes that include parking?

mowsluver
07-17-2009, 08:02 AM
So if we buy those 3-day socal passes we can upgrade and get parking back?
Cool!

Darkbeer
07-17-2009, 08:06 AM
If you want a SoCal pass with a monthly payment plan, you can do everything at the Main Ticket Booths. They will process your Monthly Payment contract, issue your AP (since your Photo is on file) and it would be a one stop process.

As for getting a Parking Rebate, it is ONLY for AP's that offer Parking (The Premium, or someone who pays the extra $59 for the Parking Add-on). If you want the parking add-on, if you request it on the day of signing the paymnet contract, they can also spread that payment over 12 months.

Bytebear
07-17-2009, 08:41 AM
I don't know if you can purchase online, but even if you could, you would still have to go to the ticket booth and get the printed ticket. They only mail out passes on renewals. So, just buy them at the ticket booth. They print out the tickets right there.

Oh, and always look for the shorter line. It seems people always go to one side where the line splits, and the other side is very short.

mowsluver
07-17-2009, 09:09 AM
Thanks! We have just had such a crazy summer that we weren't able to go often and time just slipped away...I wanted to miss out on the long line if it were possible!